I have 3 boys, 3 Nintendo DS lites, and now 3 Logitech PlayGear Pockets. I initially only bought one of these, because two of my sons bought their DS lites with an accessory package that came with a plain crystal play-in case. After this arrived, they all liked it so much that we bought 2 more.

This case can also be used as a play-in case as everything is...
Published on January 29, 2011 by RH

3.0 out of 5 stars Great case
This a great case and included a deluxe kit for making your templates for cover. I wish kid didn't have to take the machine out of it to play.
Published on February 8, 2012 by fordprefected

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little case. Very strudy and protective. Customizable appearance, January 29, 2011
RH (Cottonwood Heights, Ut) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Nintendo DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Video Game)

This case can also be used as a play-in case as everything is accessible with the DS lite still in it and the lid open.

The outer shell is a clear, hard, durable plastic. There is an inner rubber lining that provides the DS lite with a little better shock protection if dropped. There are recesses in the inner rubber lining of the lid that are made for holding up to 4 DS games. The rubber lining is removable so that the case can be customized by placing cut out images/pictures/stickers/etc under the lining that can then be seen through the outer plastic. To make it easy, it comes with plastic templates for tracing the outline of a picture you want to cut out to put in the case.

It is only a little bulkier than the plain crystal play-in cases, but to me, that's a good thing because it makes holding the DS lite more comfortable for long periods of time. These cases also provide much better shock and crush protection (good if you're going to toss it into a backpack or other soft sided bag) as opposed to the plain crystal cases that really only provide good scratch protection. I don't know if I'd pay the retail price of $20.00 for these, but we got them shipped for about $3.00 each, which is a steal.

I've uploaded user pictures to give a better idea of what it looks like.

5.0 out of 5 stars When you need the ultimate protection...., May 26, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Logitech Nintendo DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Video Game)
Logitech does it again with their PlayGear series of accessory cases for portable gaming! I actually own another PlayGear case for my PSP(hat) that I've had going on strong for the past 3 yrs and absolutely love it! So when I recently became a DS Lite owner it was no doubt in my mind what sort casing protection I wanted to get for it (sorry, Amazon I did get from you guys though but I preferred writing a review here).

I'm not really one of those gamers (girl gamer, to be specific, lol) that's into those silly little 'pouches', 'bags', or whatever other showy cases are out there. I do like things that look appealing, 'yes', but I also want durability and function. Logitech PlayGear for the DS Lite, for me, is the absolute best case in my opinion in terms of what I was looking for. The clear plastic is not only appealing, but it's very durable, plus it also has molded rubberized cushioning that adds that extra bit of stablity to your DS Lite. I think it's also really cool for it to have 4 DS game slots molded into the inside upper (rubber) part of the lid so you can take some games on-the-go. Personally, it's not a big deal to me that it's only 4 (I don't have any huge collection yet). Also, another cool thing (though I haven't tried it yet) is that you can also use the included cut-out molds to use to make and add your own images/designs that you can then put on the top and bottom of the case (you insert them under the rubber parts and it'll show through the clear case) adding your own look! All-in-all, if you really are serious about protecting your system for a while whether at home or on-the-go this is definitely a case to invest in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover for your DS, March 6, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Nintendo DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Video Game)
My kids loved being able to create unique covers for their DS. The game storage in the lid is awesome. My brother saw it and is now planning to order one for his son. He has the nerf cover, but loved the ability to make it unique and store games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome DS Lite case, December 7, 2010
Gerry Curls (Santa Barbara, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Nintendo DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Video Game)
This is a great cover for a very cheap price. I really like the amount of bulk it adds, and makes the Lite way more comfortable to hold in duration. It's also cool how you can make your own cut out pictures to use as the cover design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Case, December 28, 2010
This review is from: Logitech Nintendo DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Video Game)
This case is great for my 6 year old. We have an under 2 year old who is into everything. She can't get into this case. We like the fact that you can customize the case. You can charge your DS while it's in the case, and you can play it while it's in the case if you want. Offers good protection. It does have a place to store 4 games, but the slots are a little loose. Overall it's a great case.
I wanted to update my review, we have now owned this case for some time, it's still holding up great. We have updated the cover a few times, and it's still too tough for my toddler to get into. I was surprised at how well it's held up. And the price is great, I definately recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, March 10, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Logitech Nintendo DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Video Game)
We got this for our younger son's Nintendo DS. It was key to have protection against damaging the DS with accidental drops and manhandling. The cover is very basic but the slight padding along the inside edges is good.

The cover is a very plain white and most kids would prefer a trademark character protection cover which can be costly. We solved this issue by letting our son have at it with permanent markers to make his own design case. Problem solved.

5.0 out of 5 stars fine but does NOT fit dsi, January 6, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Nintendo DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Video Game)
The product is fine for ds lite but just a heads up, it does NOT fit dsi. Probably obvious but I thought I would just confirm if anyone was wondering.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good On-The-Go Case, April 15, 2009
M. Guerra "mintcar923" (Boca Raton, Fl United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Logitech Nintendo DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Video Game)
This is an excellent case to use if you're taking a trip and want to take a couple of games with you. It gives the DS good protection and you could play it while inside the case. The only thing I didn't like was that it doesn't have a handle or shoulder strap. Also, there is only space for 4 games while many other cases have room for at least 6+. However, I still recommend it. I will use this case for taking the DS out of the house and the G-Pack organizer for home use.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad, March 17, 2014
This review is from: Logitech Nintendo DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Video Game)
Product specifications they said serving for Nintendo DSI, but when I tried to place is very small, I could not use it, unfortunately I lost my money

5.0 out of 5 stars GIFT.., July 30, 2013
Margarita M. Bowks (WHITE PLAINS, MD, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Nintendo DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Video Game)
THIS IS A GREAT GIFT FOR A CHILD THAT NEEDS A LITTLE HELP WITH CARING FOR HER ELECTRONICS. IT DID THE TRICK. LUV IT! =)

Logitech Nintendo DS Lite PlayGear Pocket
$28.99
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.