Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Logitech Playstation 3 USB Keyboard
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on April 5, 2008
It is what it is. It's a USB keyboard that you can plug into your PS3 to be able to type instead of using the clumsy SIXAXIS controller to do it. It's a time saver and a great relief on the wrist. Also, it's a must if you want to put YDL on your PS3.

My only gripe is that the NUMLOCK key doesn't stay on. Once you powerdown the PS3, it doesn't keep powering the USB, so anything connected to them that does not have a battery will go, too. This means that the keyboard powers off completely, so when you go to type in numbers next time, you got to keep putting th numlock key on. I know, a small issue, I could use the numbers on the top, but I like the 10 key.

Is this the keyboard's fault though? Not really, it's in the design of the PS3, but Logitech KNEW that when they made this board, so they could have made the default for the NUM as "ON" instead of off when you power it up.

Other than that, it's exactly what you're going to need to type with ease on your PS3.
66 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 26, 2011
My husband has big fingers so getting one of those keyboards that fit on the PS3 controller wasn't an option. Now he can chat quickly with his buddies who play with him online. He loves this thing. It's a regular sized board that feels like a standard keyboard so you don't have to get used to a different size, the keys in slightly different places, etc.
on June 11, 2007
It helps in typing names in games and in the web browser, but still some "main" keys don't work, such as "Esc", "Pg Up"...

And you will feel the lack of a mouse, meaning you'll need to have the controller all time with you, even if you are just in the internet.
on November 23, 2008
Pros:
-Durable
-Long cord (8 feet)
-You know it will work with your PS3
-Price

Cons:
-Plain design (but at least it's black)
-An included palm rest would have been nice
-No included instructions on what keys do what (check out the PS3 manual at the official PlayStation website for some internet browser keyboard shortcuts [Support->Manuals->PS3->System Software User's Guide])

Notes:
-You will still need to use a PS3 controller to use certain functions, as far as I can tell
-This might be obvious, but you can also use a USB mouse with PS3
on August 16, 2008
I am very satisfied with this keyboard. The connection cord is long enough and the keys are a regular size. You do still need to use a PS3 controller to act like a mouse, just like on a desktop computer, but it's easy. The price was well worth it. I like to go on the internet and this keyboard makes it easy. Also, I use it to type information that is needed when I download CD's to my PS3. I highly recommend this product!
on July 4, 2013
just what I need for my playstation 3 I don't like using controller to type....because I took typing for 3 years so with Logitech keyboard I can search on the internet with ps3 fast and easy to hook up
on December 9, 2013
Needed a keyboard for FFXIV ARR to communicate with players. Much faster than typing on the controller. Connected to the PS3 perfectly through usb.
on June 11, 2011
This is not a cordless keyboard, and there is no mouse, mini-receiver, dust cover or CD. It's just a standard keyboard with a medium length cord to connect to the PS3.
on December 3, 2011
This product is -not- a wireless keyboard and mouse for the PS3, it is a Logitech Deluxe 250 Keyboard (With cord) for the PS3. Honestly, I hope whoever wrote the product description gets fired, as I bought this product based on their faulty information
on April 15, 2009
Well what can I say beyond the fact that this particular model of keyboard is useful in basic text chat upon the Playstation 3 and its Playstation Network? Though it's a bit bulky considering that one is transitioning from the six axis / dualshock 3 controller to a PC worthy keyboard and something to get used to, but once it is done, one will be glad that you no longer have to use the time consuming controller-based text board.