4.0 out of 5 stars Works well
I waited a couple of weeks for Amazon to stock this after it was released, but I gave up and bought it directly from Logitech.

Published 7 months ago by Unknown

This is a very well made case and the keyboard keys are comfortably spaced and have a nice feel to them. The case seems to protect the tablet well and turns it on and off as it should.

Published 3 months ago by David Salyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, July 14, 2014
This review is from: Logitech Type-S Thin and Light Protective Keyboard Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (920-006401) (Personal Computers)

As advertised, it doubles as a case and a Bluetooth keyboard. I own another Android Logitech keyboard that's standalone (not part of a case), and the Type S keyboard is quite a bit smaller, and the keys are a bit shallower, but it's still big enough for decent touch typing.

All of the major Android functions are represented: Home, Back, and Search all have dedicated keys, and other functions such as volume, multimedia, menu, cut and paste, and application shortcuts are accessed via the FN button.

The keyboard has a power switch on the side, and pairs with the tablet by doing a scan from Bluetooth settings. During normal operation, no LEDs are active (including caps lock) draining the battery. Next to the power switch are the USB charging port and a connect button (which you don't need to use the first time you power it up, since it starts out in discoverable mode).

The "manual" consists of a few small and not-very-clear diagrams showing how to attach the case. The fit to the tablet is secure. Getting the tablet back out of the case isn't especially easy. Build quality is very good.

The case lets you prop up the tablet at an angle for typing, or lie it flat on top of the keyboard. In the upright position, the bottom of the tablet locks magnetically to the keyboard section. The tablet is reasonable sturdy in this position, but there's a fair amount of give when you're using the touch screen. In the flat position, there's no lock, so the tablet can slide around on top of the keyboard.

All of the tablet's ports, buttons, switches, cameras, microphones, and speakers are accessible and not blocked by the case. If you use the fingerprint unlock feature, you have to put the tablet into its flat position to unlock, given the way the bottom of the tablet meets the case. The case latches closed magnetically, and automatically puts the tablet in standby, then wakes it back up when opening the case.

The case comes with a 12" USB cable and NO charger. I have no idea what they expect you to do with a 12" cable.

4.0 out of 5 stars best case for the galaxy tab s, November 6, 2014
needed a cover/keyboard combo to suit my needs
ive bought recently a samsung galaxy tab s for me and my wife

overall im satisfied, its my first bluetooth keyboard (case)
setting it up went fairly smooth

ive been looking for a good case price/quality and to be honest you wont find better then this

ive been using it a few days, ill start with the bad things:
- no documentation provided by logitech for use only for setup
- bit tricky with special characters, where on the on screen keyboard you can access them by long pressing
- has FN key combinations but very little for special characters
- around the keyboard keys its a fingerprint magnet

for me personally logitech should provide some more information because not beeing able to type special characters like:
€, ñ, ó, é, í since i live in Colombia and i travel alot they should at least provide some software to make use of FN programmable keys

the good things:
- places the tablet in a good viewing angle, clicks together at the base with a strong magnet
- the keyboard once paired you can connect and disconnect in 1 second by switching it on/off
- very responsive keyboard, no lag or anything...
- battery lasts 3 months, have yet to be tested but for sure this wont ever be a problem ever
- very good quality build, strong and professional on the backside half of the case if rubber (in form of faux leather) as anti slip
- closes with magnet and switch automaticly screen on/off when opened/closed
- all ports accessible when closed/opened for aux, charging cable, memory card, speakers are not covered also

delivery by amazon went fast, nicely packed and the logitech packaging is also very good
i almost feel bad throwing the box in garbage it closes by magnet and very durable box

it includes a small 30cm mini usb cable for charging

ill add some pics for the keyboard case

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent option, September 17, 2014
I really want to like this keyboard. It i reasonably light, protects the back and edges of the tablet, The keys are reasonably well spaced and have a decent feel to them for the size and weight of the keyboard. While the Samsung keyboard has an extra row of keys, the Logitech keyboard has better functionality through an intelligent use of the fn key. It has dedicated email, calendar, music app launch and media control buttons. The folio has a subtle appearance, blending in like an old school dayplanner. The case loses points for being difficult to remove when you want to use the tablet for tasks that don't necessitate a physical keyboard, such as reading or web browsing. It's not impossible to remove, but the plastic fram which holds the tablet near the bottom is very firmly seated, removing it makes me worry that Iwill damage the bronze finish of the tablet's bezel. Leaving the keyboard attached in such circumstances somewhat defeats the purpose of owning such a slim, lightweight tablet. Overall, at more than $50 cheaper than the Samsung branded, texture and color matching keyboard, the Logitech Type S is a much better value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Another nice product from Logitech but the tablet is too close to the keys, November 23, 2014

There is a smartly engaging magnet that holds the tablet securely upright. Another magnet even helps keep things together when the tablet is laying flat, face-up. It is quite nice to hold this way and one of the main reasons I selected this case.

Why am I rating it 3 stars instead of 4 or 5?

1. The keys are too close to the tablet. I am constantly, lightly tapping the screen by mistake and the tablet of course registers this as a tap instruction so it totally screws up whatever it is I'm doing by changing the page, moving the cursor, or whatever. I'm trying to get used to it and be more precise with my fingers when I reach for the top row, but I wanted a keyboard where I could just relax my hands and fly with the keys.

2. The backspace key is too small. I am sad to say that I use that key a lot. If I were a better typist, maybe I wouldn't but I'm just used to a full size keyboard, where I've developed a nasty habit of using my right ring finger instead of my pinky finger on the backspace key, which I can do without reaching on a keyboard with a large backspace key. I'm trying to re-train myself but still, the backspace key is very small. I think too small.

3. I wish there was a semi-angular position maybe halfway between flat and upright. This would be good for using the on-screen keyboard or watching a video while perched more directly overhead.

4. Piano black gloss surfaces are a questionable design decision. It seems like every fingerprint and spec of dust is plain to see. A matte surface would have been better.

#2, 3 & 4 are not deal breakers for me but #1 pretty much is. Or at least enough to make this 3 stars instead of 4. Having to avoid hitting the screen makes me have to "think small" when I'm typing and I was hoping with a 10.5 inch tablet that there would be enough room for a key layout that I could just let my fingers fly. I used to have an iPad Air with a Zagg Folio and I could fly on that keyboard. What I didn't like about that one was it didn't fold with the tablet face up to just use in "tablet" mode; it could only be used in "laptop" mode.

I wanted this one to be the one and it fell just short. Depending on your typing style, you may really like it, but I think it is just ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard - paired fast and has good tactile feedback, July 29, 2014
TechGuy 007 (North Shore, MA) - See all my reviews
This has worked perfectly and exactly as I expected. It paired instantly and functioned perfectly with both the built-in and with SwiftKey keyboard apps. The tactile feedback is good and even though the keyboard is slightly smaller than standard, I have had no problem touch typing.

I would appreciate a double width backspace key, but this is a small request.

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVING IT!!!, September 5, 2014
LOVE IT. So I tried the Samsung wireless keyboard that is displayed at BB with the Tab S but wasn't thrilled about it in general. It looked nice but for the price, decided against it. A BB sales guy suggested the Logitech so I ordered it. Using it right now and I can say I LOVE it so far. The keyboard is plenty spacious for me. I read some reviews complaining that there isn't enough space to "rest your wrists". Well you're not suppose to rest your wrists when typing anyway, didn't get it, why would you need that. :/ This Logitech keyboard looks fabulous. It's thin, extremely portable, secure, easily paired and I'm typing on my lap right now. Really really recommend this one. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I would have loved a lighted keyboard, but that's minor, so I'll actually give this a 4.5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the touch-screen virtual keyboard with minor gripes., September 13, 2014
PghCoyote (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Not too bad for what it is and the price. Does what it's supposed to do, and like it better than the virtual tablet keyboard. I was most displeased about the directions--there are none, just a quick-start pictogram which isn't very detailed at all. Had to look online for full directions. They moved away from printed directions a long time ago. Logitech made THAT difficult as well; I'm only in my 30s and very computer-savvy, but their website could have been a bit easier to navigate, and it's tough to find this specific model unless you have the number (Y-R0044). Power button is marked so that red or green shows when toggled on or off, but that is difficult to see. Easy to leave on by accident. Keyboard does not fit my hands well in a typing position since it's smaller than even a laptop keyboard due to the tablet size. Even though I can touch-type, still don't feel comfortable resting my fingertips on the keys and tend to use index fingers only on this, like playing a child's piano. Magnet is strong enough to hold tablet in typing position during normal use. Protruding white Logitech tag (seen in the picture) is a little intrusive like a tag in a t-shirt; I suppose you could cut it off. The case and keys feel sturdy and tablet snaps in and out of it OK. Flimsiest part is the plastic "T" bracket with the model number stamped on it that braces the tablet in the back and snaps along the bottom edge of it.
See review from anonymous on July 14 2014 for a less rambling review :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The only case you need!, August 5, 2014
This keyboard is excellent. Holds my galaxy s perfectly in place the blue tooth keyboard is large enough to type and has dedicated keys for everything you need. Some keys are strictly dedicated others you just have to use the fn key.The magnet for laptop and close position works great. I also like that you can lay down so you can hold it like a tablet. The blue tooth has a long life but i don't understand what is up with the 12 inch usb cable to recharge? Don't they know the galaxy does not have a usb port. Also the light does not show if it is on or not but it does save the charge and you can tell if blue tooth is working or not. Another great product from Logitech.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I'd hoped., August 19, 2014
My husband likes it very much. We were concerned that he would have trouble with the keyboard (the dreaded fat fingers phenomenon). He's a fast touch typist and used to a full keyboard. But he is quite content with it and it works just fine. No problems with connections. It does add a little weight to the tablet, of course, but he knew that when he bought it. Still, it's different when you pick it up and actually feel the difference in weight. But that's a minor inconvenience compared with carrying his much heavier and bigger laptop. In my husband's words, "It's wonderful. Much better than I imagined it would be."

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy accessory!, January 10, 2015
I love this keyboard, it is very useful and increases the functionality of my Galaxy Tab S by 100%

Pros
-Comfortable and easy to use keyboard only slightly smaller than a standard keyboard
-Slim and attractive protective case when closed
-Full keyboard functions (copy, paste, find, select all)
-Great battery life, I have had it for a month and still have never charged it-- I turn it off when it's not in use, and turn it on when I need it
-Once synced, the keyboard automatically connects when turned on
-Magnets that hold the tablet in the upright position are strong enough to hold the tablet in place in any attitude, vertical, sideways and upside down
-Rubber bumpers keep screen off keys when in the closed position
-The case supports the screen auto off when closed
-Durable (thus far)
Cons
-When I type my fingers occasional touch the screen because of how close it is positioned to the keys which can screw up whatever you're typing
-There is no mouse functionality (the tablet supports a wireless mouse) I would love a track point mouse on this keyboard
-There are only 2 viewing positions, flat and upright
-The glossy finish around the keys is very sensitive to scratches and fingerprints
-I find I sometimes have a hard time finding the delete key
Bottom line- If you own Galaxy Tab S this keyboard and case is a must have, it enhances the usability of the tablet, makes it convenient to set on a table, your lap or any other surface for viewing or typing. I was initially apprehensive because of the cost but it's totally worth the investment. If I broke this keyboard or case I'd buy the same thing over again.