Questions & Answers
Logitech MX Revolution Cordless Laser Mouse (Black)
by Logitech
4.0 out of 5 stars (696)
Used & New from: $94.99
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 questions
vote
It does but the configuration utility is a little weak. I have set it to let me switch "Smart Shift" (the free spin vs clicking spin mouse wheel mode) as many ways as I can but it seems to still switch based on the forground application. The mouse works fine, very little latency, OSX's smooth scrolling isn't as smooth as the mouse wheel which makes it kinda a disjointed experience. I might switch it to my PC and see if it's any better. OSX sometimes sees it as a bluetooth mouse before the login screen which is weird (I thought it wasn't a bluetooth mouse). Short answer: Hardware is good, software is 80% there.
Jun 28, 2007 by C. Dillon
vote
I'm sorry I checked... Logitech does not stock them anymore they were usually $10. Try to email or call them but I dont think it will be helpful. They may check your serial # and if the warranty is still valid (5 yrs) they may issue you a replacement. They did the same when a VX (former top of the line) I owned began to have trouble. They sell it (the receiver) also on that auctions website but for ridiculous prices.
Jan 29, 2014 by A. Santamaria
votes
This is a full-sized desktop mouse. It is 6" from front to back, going over the curved top, and about 2 1/2" across the top at its widest point (across the search button. Measuring the flat bottom surface, it is 4 1/2" on the long axis and 3 1/4" inches across at the widest point. It's hard to provide accurate measurements, because as you can see from the photos, it has an irregular asymmetric shape. Hopefully, this should give you a general idea of its overall size. I bought mine in 2007 and I use it every day for both work and personal computing. I can use it 12 hours per day for about 4 days before I get down to "one bar" on the battery meter. Then I plug it in. It recharges in about an hour.My son, who is over 6 ft tall loves my Logitech MX Revolution mouse, and wants one for himself. He has a little wireless notebook mouse, and has the same complaint as you do about it being too small.
Nov 4, 2008 by S L
votes
Both MX, and VX Revolution Mice are NOT Bluetooth, but 2.4GHz RF technology. They will only work with Logitech's proprietary USB receiver that comes with the mice.
Jul 20, 2007 by Yun-chan Tsai
votes
This is the good one. It is *not* bluetooth bear in mind; the combo is bluetooth. It's the most useful mouse ever and bought it on 2009 so I guess it is durable. Use it 8 straight hours a day, all buttons (grapichs). Just treat it with care. I also bought one for home at the same time, a refurb, and works perfectly as well. It is ridiculously expensive. *****EDIT****** Very important: Whoever uses this mouse must use the Logitech software 4.8 (4.8b for windows 64 bit). Newer versions of the software disable the "smart wheel" function. I suspected it is because it made it less durable; however mine has never failed, just keeps going and going and going. Works with windows 8.1, I have it on one of my pcs.
Aug 27, 2014 by A. Santamaria
votes
http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14097/related/1 has information on the receiver and shows a replacement part number. If Logitech doesn't sell it, try an eBay search?
May 22, 2014 by A. Falk
votes
This mouse is amazing. I can't say whether it has enough buttons to provide the functionality desired for AutoCad, but it is hands-down the best mouse I ever bought. And, I still use it every day.
Mar 13, 2014 by Ryan C. Cichy
votes
I Have an old worn out Revolution its still preferable to the newer model. The 70 buck version just doesn't do as much. Worth it...you bet if you really like and use all the functions. The revolution is discontinued.
Jan 15, 2014 by Jim time
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers