2,499 Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars good value for the price, but not really good speakers
Published on July 14, 2008 by Joseph M. Seda

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive speakers, March 19, 2008
This review is from: Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers (Personal Computers)
I was looking around for a while for the least expensive and still good quality speakers on Amazon, and these seem to be them. These have great sound quality and get plenty loud. All you have to do is plug the power cord into the wall and the green audio cord into the computer and it works. And I have to say that i think they look better in real life than in the pictures. Good buy. I cant think of any bad things about them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, December 13, 2007
This review is from: Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers (Personal Computers)
These speakers are small, stylish, high-performing, and most of all, cheap. Just like me! Only one oddity to report: the instructions refer to a pink plug and a green plug, but in reality there is only a green plug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Logtech, Lots'a Sound, May 4, 2008
This review is from: Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers (Personal Computers)
Living in a quiet college community I wanted to have access to music while not disturbing other residents. I wanted a nice quality sound for listening to music via the internet and I found it in my new Logtech Stereo Speakers. The sound quality is not unlike that from any good audio system. For such a compact size the sound is awesome. I would recommend these speakers for listeners who enjoy good music while working at their computer or just for listening to music on any computer. They feature adjustable volume, just so you know, and adjusts well to graphic equalizer preferences. It dosent matter the type of music or sound. Logtech speakers adapt well to heavy bass, R and B, Jazz, classical music, video, and/or even techno! Whatever your listening preference Logtech multimedia speakers require little space and delivers quality sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, September 15, 2008
Bill Ng (Hartsdale, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers (Personal Computers)
I wanted cheap speakers for my desk at work, I was never going to set the sound very high. For the money I paid, I expected some cheap plastic things that would fall over if I looked at them wrong and a volume knob that would fall off if it got the feeling I was thinking about turning it. Boy was I surprised when I opened these today.

Heavy enough to feel planted, solidly built, plenty of cord length (both power and pc connection), 3 rubber feet per speaker, and in my opinion, they look better than they do in photos. Sound quality is decent as well (it should be noted that, as I mentioned earlier, I'm at work and have not turned them up loud).

I think these are WELL worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money, September 13, 2008
This review is from: Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers (Personal Computers)
These are OK speakers for casual music listeners, and are a great buy for non-music audio stuff, like the latest web ads from Obama or McCain.

These speakers are very small, and have an ordinary 2 prong electric plug, no external transformer. Nice.

As to music, for $11, pretty good, but I'd recommend you spend more like $20 if music is your main deal. I've been listening to some CDs that I'm very familiar with and the bass response with these little guys cuts off at the lower mid-range. Not terrible, but I think for a few bucks more, music reproduction would be better.

My musical test is The Flamin' Groovies, an ordinary rock band, in terms of frequency response. The speakers are light in the bass, and overly responsive on the high end.

BOTTOM LINE: Good value for the money, but for music, a few additional bucks will probably be worth the expense.

3.0 out of 5 stars good value for the price, but not really good speakers, July 14, 2008
This review is from: Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers (Personal Computers)
At $9.995 a pair, they are good buy, but they do have some very serious limitations. They are too bright, sounding a little tinny. The bass below 120 hz is almost nonexistent. The midrange appears fairly accurate and smooth. They are better than other speakers I have heard in this price category, but not comparable to many $20+ speakers. I own a Logitech predecessor, Soundman sLH2s, that I paid $20 for about 5 years and I was hoping I would get comparable sound, but no.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small Speakers, better than nothing., March 19, 2008
This review is from: Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers (Personal Computers)
These speakers were not expected to be ultimate sound performers. But just to improve on the built in speakers in my monitor. And they work fine for that purpose. But if music is what you listen to on your computer, you may need a bit more than these two mini's can provide.

3.0 out of 5 stars I Want A Subwoofer!, June 15, 2009
Felix (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers (Personal Computers)
After reading the reviews on Amazon, I chose these speakers. They were cheap, and people said they got pretty good sound. They were very easy to install, but beyond that, somewhat mediocre.

They're a marked improvement over my computer's (pitiful) installed speakers. However, their output in the bass range is next-to-nonexistent. When compared to my girlfriend's $35 X-230 Logitech speakers (which had impressed me and included a subwoofer), their range and clarity was lacking.

Pros:
* Small price
* Small desk footprint (2.5x2.5'' base, ~6'' tall)
* Nice midrange response

Cons:
* Audio distortion at higher volume
* Almost no bass range sounds
* Speakers easily tipped over
* Wires a bit short for my set-up

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Disappointment, February 7, 2009
This review is from: Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers (Personal Computers)
Although these speakers are selling at a bargain, I feel that this product is a big let down from Logitech.
I wanted an affordable speaker to improve the terribly weak sound of my Acer Laptop. These speakers were barely any louder. It is still a pain to watch You tube from my laptop.
On top of that, there was a random humming sound coming out, even when it was not connected to my computer. Humming is quite normal at this price range, but the randomness was driving me crazy.
Worse still the power cable is so short (like 2 or 3 ft) that I had to buy an additional extension cable.
My previous Logitech S10 was much better louder at 2.5w each per channel. These speakers are rated 1.1w each.
Even the official Logitech website doesn't show this product anymore.

3.0 out of 5 stars You were expecting maybe 7.2 channel surround sound?, December 26, 2010
Rocketeer (Westchester County, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers (Personal Computers)
I like this product and I would buy it again. So why only three stars? In my book, four stars is a truly exceptional product and five stars is an extraordinary product. This is a three-star product in my book. They're GOOD. The sound is GOOD, especially for the price. For me GOOD is three stars. So sue me.

I was surprised by how small the speakers are. They're small enough to pack in to your laptop bag if it's got a reasonable amount of room. I got them because I wanted to watch TV and movies without having to wear earbuds or headphones. They beat the heck out of the walkie-talkie quality of my Asus N61J's "SRS Premium Sound" what ever the heck that's supposed to be.

The instructions were wrong. They said to plug the wire with the pink tip into the mic output! Well there was no such wire nor should there have been. Since when do speakers need a mic output? It cost me about 20 seconds to confirm I wasn't hallucinating or had slipped into a parallel universe.

Look, for the money you can't go wrong. I can understand all of the four or star reviews but I'm just a tougher reviewer than most. We live in a grade-inflated age. I grew up when most kids got Cs and Bs on their report cards and As were rare. Sometimes I get the feeling that a lot kids who get Bs and As these days would have been on the short bus when I went to school. But I digress.

Don't let some cranky old guy prevent you from buying these speakers. They're good value for the money and I think you'll enjoy them.

Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers