Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 56 questions
vote
Appearance-wise, there is little to no difference except for the UE lettering on the newer model. Functionally, they're very similar. UE came with a battery already installed (which you have to purchase separately for $15-30 for the Squeezebox). And, of course, there's probably a huge difference in terms of the operating software but who knows. The other difference I've noticed is that the UE is pretty well bound up with TuneIn. I frankly can't tell what limits there are on the Squeezebox in terms of sites that it can recognize but then I'm using both to listen to only about a dozen different outlets and I've been able to set up each box to receive the ones I want to hear so you might want to check out whether the things you want to hear are on TuneIn. The one important thing which I think makes the UE and Squeezebox better than the others is good audio quality for something of its size and the fact that both the UE and Squeezebox can use either WiFi or ethernet connections. My whole house is wired so I prefer to use ethernet instead of wireless. Set up was easier - pretty near real plug-n-play - on the ethernet side but I also was able to get the wireless working really easily so that's pretty much of a wash in terms of how you get signal to both of them. I've heard that some people have had difficulty setting up the Squeezebox for wireless use. I haven't. I have no complaints about either. I have two Squeezeboxes and one UE. I find that the earlier of the two squeezeboxes sometimes drops the network connection but it's easily restored and if some calamity hits, it's a breeze to restore all factory settings (which, by the way, DOESN'T wipe out your presets or other favorites.) If there's a downside, it's likely that Logitech will be in the support business longer for the UE than the Squeezebox but according to user blogs I've read the support isn't really that great anyway so that's about a wash too. If you can find your way around a laptop, you can easily deal with either the UE or a Squeezebox (if you can find one that hasn't been trashed and/pr isn't outrageously expensive.) I tried buying a "refurbished" Squeezebox and that was a joke. The good news: Amazon didn't flinch in giving me a refund --- I wonder if they knew something. ??
Nov 19, 2013 by davman45
votes
No, the SqueezeBox Radio has no AM/FM antenna nor tuner. This is a server only based streaming player.
Mar 6, 2012 by MikeT
votes
AHA!! Figured out how to upgrade 7.5.0 to 7.5.1.... I had issues with ipersistfile being read only and the install crashing. THE SOLUTION: boot your PC into safe mode, use the Windows "program access and defaults" routine to do a clean removal of 7.5.0 and then WHILE STILL IN SAFE MODE, download 7.5.1 and install it. Install then works like a charm! AND 7.5.1 is also working beautifully. It is a good release! BE SURE all your music libraries and squeezeservers are updated to the SAME version, or unpredictable things can happen!
Jul 1, 2010 by James W. Ross MD
votes
My folks have the same problem. AM interference. This unit or any other internet radio (with good reviews) is a good solution. Just make sure you set it up and update to the latest firmware. As long as you visit (and you should, lol) every so often to make sure its working right, it should be fine. Another low tech solution is a crane CC radio, which in my experience has superior AM reception. At my folks the issue was some sort of local interference creating a constant hum so CC radio would not help. All your mom would have to do is select the preset, tell her not to mess with the rest of the functions. If she will place it near her router anyways just hardwire it, and avoid some hassles. However I have this set up on the second floor with a dlink dir 655 in the basement and it works great.
May 2, 2011 by GT Man
votes
My Radio has difficulty connecting to My SqueezeBox.com sometimes.....my Boombox doesn't...... I am beginning to doubt I'll be able to use the radio on my screen porch while I'm in my pool ( the reason I bought the radio )...too frustrating to interrupt swimming to mess with the radio. Last summer I used my itouch to play Pandora or my Nokia internet tablet Rhapsody App on my porch and they worked great...but I liked my Boombox and the Radio would have been simpler with it's speakers and rechargeable battery ( eventually)
Feb 23, 2010 by Kindle Customer
votes
There are a couple of ways to do this, none are very intuitive. Factory Reset Turn off Radio (press & hold Power till you see "Goodbye"), now press and hole Power & "+" till you see Factory Settings Restored, it will now walk you through the Setup to enter your WiFi info, I believe it will keep your MySB login info. Or, Change Network Name Change your routers SSID, connect Radio, enter new encryption password, change SSID back to original name, connect Radio, it should remember the new encryption password.
Oct 19, 2010 by MikeT
votes
Likely difficult to match what you have. Probably have to replace all four to match them. Try a craft store, they have a rather large selection of self adhesive black rubber feet.
Jan 23, 2015 by MikeT
votes
wired Dec 3, 2013
yes, wired or wifi
Dec 4, 2013 by MikeT
votes
Without knowing what you have tried, I will ask if you have unplugged it and left unplugged for a few mins and plugged it back in again. Mine will freeze from time to time and that always fixes it.
Jul 21, 2015 by Troven
votes
It sure does. I listen to music stations from Poland, S. Korea, Russia, UK, etc... They used to have a quick station search feature right here on the Amazon product description but I don't see it any more. You can get an idea of what stations it can stream by creating a free www.MySqueezeBox.com account, then click on Remote Control > Internet Radio > Search (or select select World and browse that way). This will not play on your computer as this is meant to Remote Control via the web UI your actual player, but will help you see what is out there.
Mar 6, 2012 by MikeT
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers