CES 2010 Innovations Award
Honoree in Audio Components CategoryNovember 2009
Logitech Squeezebox Touch Wi-Fi Music Player
Put music as infinite as the Internet at your fingertips.
From the hottest online music services to free Internet radio stations from every corner of the globe, never has such limitless music been so easy to enjoy. Thanks to Logitech Squeezebox Touch and your Wi-Fi network, you're free to listen to anything you can think of, all through your home stereo. Just touch the screen to tune in to music, news and sports from local stations across the planet. Discover new music tailored to your tastes from a world of music services. Even your entire digital music collection is right at your fingertips. With Squeezebox Touch, your stereo isn't just a music system. It's the center of the music universe.
Tune in to your limitless playlist.
- Play free local stations from every corner of the globe
- Access music services like Pandora, Rhapsody, Slacker and SIRIUS Internet Radio
- Browse your digital music collection stored on your home PC or Mac
- Plug in your flash drive to instantly play your favorite tracks
Now playing on your home stereo—the world.
Your computer gives you access to virtually unlimited music choices from all around the world. Now your home stereo does, too. With Squeezebox Touch, your high-performance audio system can play anything your computer can in full, rich, room-filling sound, all streamed over your Wi-Fi or Ethernet network. What do you want to listen to? Live soccer coverage from a station in Barcelona? Your Gypsy Kings playlist stored on your computer down the hall? Hours of commercial-free classical radio? Browse and control it all with easy-to-use touch-screen menus. Just touch, explore and listen. It's that simple.
Brilliant full-color touch-screen and remote for fun, easy music control
The easy-to-read 4.3-inch touch-screen and intuitive menus put you in total music control. Simply touch “My Music”, “Internet Radio” or one of your favorite online services like Napster or Pandora to browse, select and play whatever suits your mood. Even album art is displayed so you can see what you want to hear. You also have a smart remote that actually knows where you are in the room. Move away from the touch-screen over to the couch, and the menus automatically enlarge for easy viewing from across the room.
High-resolution encoding support for full, rich stereo sound
You like to hear it all, from the haunting high notes in a U2 guitar solo to the deep resonant bass at the bottom of a Miles Davis classic. With support for high-resolution encoding, Squeezebox Touch makes sure the important details in your digital music sources don't get lost in translation. Even if you're playing music softly in the background, you'll enjoy a high quality sound experience—without missing a beat, note or nuance.
Add more Squeezebox players for a multi-room music system
Do you want to bring a world of music to other rooms—without running wires? Easy. Check out Squeezebox Radio and Squeezebox Boom all-in-one Wi-Fi music players with built-in speakers. They're small enough to fit easily on your bedroom night table or kitchen counter. And they work with your Squeezebox Touch. Simply add a handheld Squeezebox Controller and you can play the same music throughout the house, or mix it up with a different playlist in every room.
Connects to Facebook for sharing music recommendations with friends
Say you just discovered a killer indie band track on your Squeezebox Radio. Now you can tell your friends about it instantly. Display your Facebook home page and browse your friends' walls right on the screen. You can even set your Facebook photos or news feed as your screensaver. So you can send them music recommendations the moment you hear that amazing track or Internet radio station—and receive theirs, all without a computer.
Seamless home network support, effortless setup
Squeezebox Touch keeps things simple from the start. Just plug the music player into your audio system, turn on the power and the player automatically finds your home Wi-Fi network. You also have the option to plug in an Ethernet cable. Either way, in just five minutes you'll be listening to stations around the globe.
USB port and SD card slot expand your listening and viewing experience
Say you have a ton of favorite tracks stored on an external flash drive. Just plug the drive into the music player's USB port and your tunes are ready to play through your home stereo. You also have a built-in SD card slot. Just slide in your memory card to watch an instant slide show of your pictures, right on the touch-screen display.
Free SqueezeNetwork connects you to global stations and music services
Your Wi-Fi music player comes complete with the Logitech SqueezeNetwork, an online service that makes it easy to access all the Internet radio stations and music services you could ever want. Sign up for free and get connected right on your Squeezebox touch-screen.
What's in the box?
For access to music on your computer use Squeezebox software with the minimum system requirements:
- 256 MB RAM and 100 MB of available hard disk space
- Broadband Internet connection required for Internet radio and music services
- Stereo system or powered speakers
- Ethernet or 802.11 b/g wireless home network
With any of the following operating systems:
- Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.3 or later
- Windows: 733MHz Pentium running Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Linux/BSD/Solaris/Other: Perl 5.8.3 or later
Which Squeezebox Wi-Fi Music Player Is Right For You?
|Highlight||Compact design with high quality sound ||Color touch-screen with rich, full digital music through your stereo or powered speakers|
- Home office
- Anywhere without a stereo!
- Living room
- Anywhere with a stereo or powered speakers
- On your desk
|Which should you choose?|
- You want big sound in a small space.
- You are someone who likes to listen while you work. You need something to fit in your work area.
- You want music in every room of your home and you want to be able to control it from anywhere.
- You already own a Squeezebox Duet and want to add more zones.
- You are a music lover and you want high fidelity sound and easy access to all your music.
- You are someone who has a personal music collection on an external USB drive.
- You enjoy viewing album art, photos, and visualizers
- You already own a Squeezebox Duet and want to add more zones.
|Connection Sound output|| Integrated speakers (no stereo required)|| Connects to your stereo or self powered speakers|
|Control|| On board controls, optional infrared remote (line of sight required) || Color touch screen with infrared remote (line of sight required)|
- Seven day alarm with battery backup
- Connect iPod and other portable music players via 3.5mm stereo jack
- Connects to Facebook- share recommendations with friends
- 2.4 inch color display
- Optional battery pack for portability
- USB port and SD card slot allows access to music and pictures
- View album art and your photos
- Supports sampling rates up to 24 bit / 96 kHz