1,058 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the TV in your small bedroom! Updated with more info (1/31/11)
I usually don't write reviews for products on here, but I felt compelled to after receiving the Logitech Z506 surround sound system.
***UPDATE*** (at the bottom)

PROS:
~SUPER easy to set-up, everything matches up by color.
~Sound quality is superb compared to a lot of systems in this price range, especially for a 5.1 system.
~Base is...
Published on September 17, 2010 by Ryan

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description
The description states:

"All-around sound for all your gear. HDTV. iPod. Game console. DVD player. Just plug in your entertainment gear and you can immerse yourself in big 5.1 surround sound--even from your 2-channel stereo music, movie and game tracks."

This is very misleading. The audio inputs on this device are limited to receiving true 5.1 audio...
Published on June 13, 2011 by Com

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably Shouldn't Buy These Speakers, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 (Personal Computers)
They worked fine when i first got them and a few weeks later they stopped working,and then they will work,and then they will stop working again. This will happen on and off and it is a huge inconvienience. And because of this I wished to return them, but you simply cannot return them to Amazon. I would like a replacement and would appreciate being contacted by the seller.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay !!, January 11, 2012
updbik (Madison, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 (Personal Computers)
This is an entry level speakers, don't expect true surround sound unless you have 6 channel direct input setup. Sound is not clear enough; my 10 years old Altec speakers was better in sound clarity. Short wires can't surround even a small room, only have analog input and you will hear buzzing noise when not in use. Look for better 2.1 systems on the same price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best speakers I have ever owned, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 (Personal Computers)
The Good: Sound is amazing, long cords, sleek design, long cords

The Bad: Buzzing and humming can result from poor grounding

It has been a long time coming, but I finally got a surround sound system. I had never really heard one before so I wasn't sure what to expect. After opening the box and seeing about 20 cords I it felt pretty daunting. Thankfully the Alienware X51 that I hooked them up to had 5.1 audio jacks and the colors matched perfect. There's also only one powerful cable coming from the subwoofer which is really nice. I thought I had to plug every speaker into the wall! Once you get everything set up cord wise, you then have to position every speaker. There are 5 in total so you're going to need a lot of room. Plan ahead of time and decide where to put them. Some probably should be on a shelf above your monitors, the subwoofer can sit nicely next to your desk while the center speaker should be in front of you. It's the rear speakers that are tricky. They are supposed to be on either side of you but most people don't have that kind of setup. Thankfully I had a bookshelf and table on either side of me, so the trickiest part is positioning these monsters.

One you get them plugged in Windows should automatically set your sound up for 5.1. Once I started playing music in Windows Media Player I was blown away. It sounded like I was in a theater and these speakers get really really loud. During gameplay I heard enemies coming from behind me (literally) and crashes off to the side like you are in a theater. The same goes for movies as well. Being surrounded by all these speakers it feels like the sound is coming from all angles. The speakers have great clarity as well and don't rattle or sound tinny like some cheaper models. For $100 this is a great deal.

My only issue is that there is buzz and hissing when no sound is coming out. This is pretty common for speakers, but you need a well grounded home or an expensive surge protector to prevent this. I tried a few methods such as plugging it into the wall by itself and turning the volume up high and the device volume low. At least the buzzing stopped once I started playing something through them. This will drive you nuts though and you will resort to turning them off if you aren't listening to anything. On the other hand, there's a headphone jack on the front speaker so you don't have to use your PC jack and the power button is on there as well. No reaching behind the subwoofer to flip a switch.

With all that said, the z506 are fantastic speakers for the price. They blow you out of your house and are great quality. The only problem is the constant buzzing and hissing if you don't have good grounding. It takes a little while to get setup and seems daunting at first (even someone who's knowledgeable about all this stuff). Once you get everything setup it's well worth it and you won't be disappointed one bit.

4.0 out of 5 stars computer speakers, April 6, 2012
This review is from: Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 (Personal Computers)
I say they're good speakers. It's not as loud as the more expensive speakers, but they do a good job for computer use and it's surround sound so they're just fine for an office or bedroom.

1.0 out of 5 stars a waste, May 11, 2012
This review is from: Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 (Personal Computers)
I purchased this unit with fairly low expectations. I know it is a 'cheap' set, but I was amazed at the sound. Anything above 1/3 volume on the woofer or the set volume and the 'woofer and left rear speaker have this "loose paper" sound, sort of raspy tinynes(sp). My 9 transistor radio sounds better. A total waste of $$.

1.0 out of 5 stars Instant return, September 29, 2011
Length:: 2:05 Mins

Perhaps I got a bum set. But these things were bogus right out of the box. my video tells all. My review is a warning to everybody that you should be prepared to return them. I've read that people have been on their third set just to get something that has less noise.
When you crank music very loud through it I concider them to be fine. The sound good. If it wasn't for the nasty sound coming out of it I would have been happy with them. But as they stand now they are unacceptable and have painted how I feel about Logitech product. I've bought 5$ tiny little speaker sets that atleast didn't make a bunch of wacky noise.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Instant Rave Maker 2.0, November 22, 2014
This review is from: Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 (Personal Computers)
I have had this system for about a year now. I have to say that for the money, a 5.1 speaker set cannot get better than this. You get a lot of bang for the buck. But like many things that are cheap, there are compromises that had to be made in order to reach this price tag:

Pros:
- Amazing Bass. The bass is definitely the best thing about this speakers. It sounds very good.
- I can make sense of the highs quite well (vocals are clear), and Mids are balance enough for you to hear them clearly.
- Great Bang for the Buck. This system is a great start for many people looking to get better sound out of their Computer, or Console.
- You can crank up the volume and the speakers will not crack the audio..nor will the bass distort. However, be warned. Excessive High Volume for long periods of time may create an instant rave in your house. Cases of hot girls, and handsome guys joining the rave have been reported. Raise the Volume at your own risk.

Cons:
- The Bass is good...too good. It bleeds into the Mids, and sometimes the highs as well. Thank fully, you can dial back the bass with the knob behind the subwoofer. However, I end up doing that more than I would like to. The system could use a little bit less bass (or better equalizer. You could probably do that from your computer).
- If you have a wifi router close to these speakers, they will make a chopper sound. The first time I heard it, I ducked lol. Make sure you do not put this speakers close to a wifi router, or you will hear someone knocking at your door screaming, "THERE ARE WEAPONS ON THE CHOPPA!!!".
- The cables for the back left, and back right, could have been a lot longer (Maybe 3ft - 4ft more). It is very hard to get some cable management with cables this short. If you are planning to get a Home theater with these, "You're gonna have a bad time". But they should work in a 4ft x 9ft space area (4ft x 6ft if you want to hide the cables well). In case I forgot, do not use this for TV. It just doesn't work well, you don't really get 5.1, more like 2.1.
- These are great for movies...Music, not that much. I like a more flat natural sound. These speakers are more bass orientated. However, this is subjective. You may have a way better experience than I did.

Besides that, they are great speakers for the money. I would highly recommend it to a college student who is on a budget, an introvert looking to make friends through a rave, or anyone out there with $25 speakers that you got from walmart (I see you, don't try to hide).

P.S.
Make sure that the back speakers are no more than 4ft away from you. Any more than that and you will not get the best experience with these speakers.

Sincerely,
The man behind a computer that may or may not be wearing pants...you will never know.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, i love, September 13, 2013
This review is from: Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 (Personal Computers)
after using for 8 months this sound system can say I am very happy I purchased is amazing how movies with 5.1 sound heard the rumbling subwoofer makes the whole room is amazing. I recommend that you buy without fear based on the ratio cost / quality

3.0 out of 5 stars ** BEWARE ** No Digital Optical Jack, October 12, 2014
This review is from: Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 (Personal Computers)
I purchased the Logitech Z506 speaker to use on my Samsung Plasma HDTV. The problem I have is connecting this to the flat screen HDTV because it does not have RCA outputs in the back. I called up the seller I got this from and they said my options was to connect it to the RCA outputs on the cable box or get the NuclearAV Area 5.1 Digital Surround decoder box. ASIN: B00KHZL4OO

When I connected it to my HDTV I changed the menu in the sound settings to external speakers PCM. I connected it via the digital optical jack and it works as advertised.

I wished this 5.1 surround sound speaker set included a digital optical output jack. Also there is no remote control, the only way to adjust the sound is through the master volume jack on the master control satellite speaker. That is why only 3 stars.

But hey, what do you expect for $60.

3.0 out of 5 stars THE DRIVER IS NOT 10' INCHES!!!, October 31, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 (Personal Computers)
While observing the compare section of the Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 (980-000430) I noticed that it said it had a 10' driver. Upon receiving the speaker I measured it and it turned out to be a measly 5.25' inches. I'm disappointed about the misleading sub woofer driver size displayed on Amazon.

Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506