Questions & Answers
Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer
by Logitech
4.4 out of 5 stars (481)
Used & New from: $150.00
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 questions
vote
This will deff. do it. I have my cable box hooked to these speakers, for the money even being computer speakers they are incredible and I have heard surround sound systems that cost over $800 and they sound just the same. I also have these connected to my xbox 360
Oct 31, 2010 by Merry Drunk Skywalker
vote
I actually just did this to my set. I have had this logitech speaker setup for well over 5 years now, and I just early yesterday morning thought to myself...wonder if adding 2.0/2.1 speakers would work. For my setup, it did. I simply plugged the 5.1 into three of the jacks (I selected Center/sub (orange), Rear (black), and Side (green cable plugged into grey due to the 2.0 speakers having shorter wire). Then I simply added the 2.0/2.1 speakers into the green jack. You will need to play with speaker audio levels on your computer, but for me, they worked well. I tested in Fallout New Vegas and Batman A.A. and it was great. Can't believe I didn't try this earlier.
Mar 31, 2011 by Brian F. Moats
votes
No it will not, you need separate connection for a 5.1 system. You either need a high end laptop with the yellow/green/black connectors or a desktop with a sound card or built in sound card. If you have a Dell 630 your only option is to get external sound would be to go with a system that connects though USB.
Dec 9, 2013 by Gerry
votes
I used the extension cables and it sounds ok to me...got to play with the controls to get it sounding right but did after a while... still not sure what I did to do that but works..
Mar 20, 2014 by Bruce Barton
votes
I'm sure you can, but that nail polish trick has lasted me ten years do far.
Jun 16, 2013 by Michael A. Cedeno
votes
You have to buy a Y-cord connection. It has a red and white connection on one end, and a black or green one on the other end that can connect to ANY laptop.
Apr 16, 2011 by Jeffrey Derose
votes
Just use the RCA cables that came with the ps3, and set the audio feature under "settings" to RCA. Your ps3 will still display with hdmi cable and then output audio with RCA. Also if you're using RCA to output audio, be sure to buy one of these with this specific speaker system http://www.amazon.com/Console-Adapter-Convert-Plugs-Single/dp/B0006U3ACY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263445395&sr=1-1 This adapter will give your ps3 5.1 channel surround sound without having to use the lame matrix mode.
Jan 13, 2010 by zjh2011
votes
Thanks for the specs.
May 16, 2012 by Erik the buyer
votes
You can just use three regular stereo 1/8" cables. The combining into a single cable and color-coding is for simplicity, since that's the normal coding of the jacks.
May 24, 2010 by Michael Pollard
votes
At this time there is no problem with any of the speakers. I may have had the subwoofer unplugged while cleaning. This is a very good system for the price. I'm in a fairly small room (office) and when I blast away it's like "being there." I'm happy.
Nov 10, 2014 by Gary H. Labowitz
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers