Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK700 Keyboard and Laser Mouse
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

VINE VOICEon October 14, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was using the Logitech Wave Pro combo for several months before switching to the MK700 combo. And while I love the MX1100 mouse from that combo, I dislike the keyboard. I've found that the MK700 combo has a much better keyboard and almost as good a mouse.

First the keyboard. What I disliked about the Wave keyboard was the non-standard arrangement of the function keys and the ins/del/home/end/up/down keys. That drove me nuts. Thankfully Logitech went back to the standard layout for those keys on this keyboard. The Wave also had a lot of extra keys scattered all around the edge of the keyboard in a somewhat haphazard fashion that made the keyboard a bit unsightly and larger than necessary. This keyboard has mapped those functions onto other keys and eliminated the extra keys. The keyboard itself is a standard non-ergonomic style. To some people that is a plus, some it is a minus. I'm indifferent about it. One thing I do miss is the lack of tactile response from the keys. I like my keys to have a good amount of "push" to them. The keyboard is flat and has keys barely raised up above the keyboard. So it looks sleek but it lacks the tactile response I'm used to. The upside is that it is a very quiet keyboard with a lot less clicking normal. There's a small LCD screen that shows battery power and status for keys like num lock or caps lock. One nice bonus is the ability to "lock" the caps key (and some other keys) into the on/off position. Since I never turn my caps lock on, it's nice to be able to lock it in the off position and never worry about accidentally turning it on. Across the top are dedicated buttons for media player functions like volume and forward/back. There are also dedicated buttons or shortcuts to commonly used functions like calculator, Word, and Excel. The palm rest helps keep your wrists in a comfortable position when typing. I spend all day at work in front of a computer and I find the keyboard to be very comfortable to use. Overall it's definitely an improvement over the Wave keyboard.

The mouse that comes with this combo (I think it's the MX620) is not quite as nice as the MX1100 mouse which comes with the Wave Pro combo, but it's still a good mouse. A couple things I don't like about it compared to the MX1100: the hyper scrolling control has moved from the top (a button just below the scroll wheel) to the bottom (meaning now I have to turn it over to adjust it instead of just clicking a button) and there are fewer buttons. I like programming my mouse buttons to different functions so more buttons is better. I also feel like the MX1100 is more comfortable because it is a bit wider. But the MX620 is no slouch. It's reasonably comfortable, and I can still program the buttons, just not quite as many of them. The battery life appears to be significantly better. The mouse shows nearly 350 days worth of charge remaining after 1 month of use (I use my mouse literally all day at work and never turn it off). The MX1100 mouse needs to be recharged every 1-2 months (although it only has 1 battery and the MX620 has 2).

The mouse and keyboard work well with the included SetPoint software and I have not had any issues with the mouse or keyboard skipping or losing connectivity with the dongle.

Overall I feel like this is definitely the best bundle I've used, but if it came with the MX1100 mouse instead I think it would be perfect.
VINE VOICEon September 24, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Before getting into the details, I want to first explain why I only gave this set 3-stars...

Along with the cons listed below, there were 2 major points that brought the score down:
1. The Set is marketed as "Built for power users who spend long hours working on their computers" and "designed to deliver exceptional comfort". But the layout of the keyboard is no different than any other "normal" keyboard. In other words, it's NOT an ergonomic keyboard, there's no adjustments that allow for more natural hand/wrist/finger placement. Carpal Tunnel prone folks should look elsewhere!
2. The current one-hundred dollar pricetag, in my opinion, is considerably overpriced considering competing products and especially because the keyboard is non-ergo.

Now, the Pros and Cons...

+++ Keyboard Pros
+ 4" and 8" legs on the back that allow adjusting the height
+ LCD gives a nice clear indicator of battery life, Num-Lock, Caps Lock, etc...
+ Palm rest is indeed comfortable, yet the cushioning is firm so should last a long time
+ The included software has lots of customization options to allow you to personalize the keyboard to your liking
+ Insanely long battery life
+ Batteries INCLUDED

--- Keyboard Cons
- The descriptions and info given infers the keyboard would be ergonomic. But that is not the case. The MK700 keyboard key layout is no different than any other bane of carpal-tunnel sufferers' keyboards.
- The 4" or 8" legs on the back is a nice option, but they could've gone a step further to allow height adjustment on the front of the keyboard as well.

+++ Mouse Pros
+ They keyboard might not be ergonomic, but the mouse sure is! I've got big hands (I wear XL sized gloves) and having my hand on the mouse is only slightly different than if I just had my hand resting on the table and not holding anything at all. It's very comfortable
+ The Hyper-Scrollwheel is a heavier metal/alloy (vs. the Logitech MX1100 mouse I use). This makes for a very nice and smooth hyper-scroll or click-to-click scroll.
+ Forward/Back buttons well placed for thumb press
+ Battery life indicator on the mouse
+ The included software allows almost complete control over customization of the buttons
+ Lonnnnnnng battery life.
+ Batteries INCLUDED

--- Mouse Cons
- To switch between Hyper and click-to-click scrolling is on the bottom of the mouse. I switch back and forth a lot on my MX1100, where the switch is right below the scrollwheel. Having the switch on the bottom with this MK700 is rather inconvenient.

*** Final Words
I've gone through multiple models of keyboards and mice through the years. Microsoft, Logitech, ergo, non-ergo, etc... My current "Gold Standard" are the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3 and the Logitech MX1100 mouse. As a matter of fact, buying those 2 items separately right now would actually cost LESS than this combo.

I prefer the MS keyboard because; the layout of the keys IS ergonomic, but at the same time the keyboard overall is very slim/sleek. You can adjust height adjustment for either the back or front, or even both. It has considerably more customizable extra keys.

I prefer the Logitech MX1100 mouse because; the Hyper/click-to-click switch is right by the scrollwheel. Adjustable DPI, with 2 presets that can be changed on-the-fly via the +/- buttons on the mouse. Application Switcher thumb button, shows a collage of all open windows on screen so you can quickly and easily switch apps.

On the whole, the MK700 mouse and keyboard are quality products but the pricepoint and lack of ergonomics for the keyboard. Even if you didn't care about the ergo aspect, there are other options out there with more options and still cost less.
22 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2011
I have owned this keyboard for probably a year and a half and it was purchased brand new. There is just not much positive I can say about this combo, and I have been using Logitech keyboards and mice for 15+ years.

The keyboard is horrible. It begins sticking and missing letters typed after some use. There is nothing more annoying than to have to retype words several times during an document/email. I like to sit at the desk and prop my feet up on the corner with a keyboard in my lap, but the keyboard needs to be directly positioned to the receiver or I get either no letters typed or a long lag that is unacceptable.

The mouse is just okay, but the main right and buttons on top are becoming so used and sensitive that I can hardly rest my finger on top of them without unintentional clicking.

Overall just a poor product.
on December 20, 2011
I bought this about 8 months ago and was excited to use it. The mouse works great, and the curved, rounded keys really do feel nice at first. However, the keyboard action is not great, and got a little worse with time. I have to press kind of hard on some of the keys to get them to move. It's not hard enough that you'd notice it just pressing individual keys straight from the top, but in the middle of typing I find that I miss letters sometimes because the keys don't all move the same amount given the amount of pressure I apply, especially when I'm stretching to reach them. If it were perfectly consistent across all of the keys I would get used to it, but just a few of them require extra pressure a portion of the time, so it can be frustrating. Ultimately I switched back to my old Microsoft wireless keyboard, which feels unpleasantly squishy in comparison, but at least it doesn't sometimes feel like keys randomly stiffen. I'm still using the mouse, though! It's more comfortable and much more accurate than the old Microsoft one I had.
HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon September 24, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This keyboard & mouse combo is a great fit for people who:

1. Want to keyboard & mouse from multiple locations around the vicinity of the computer
2. People who need a wireless keyboard & mouse in a conference room to pass around to other participants in the room
3. Those who want a wireless keyboard & mouse with super long battery life
4. Those who want a quiet keyboard that lets you type fast & a mouse with the revolution (hyper scrolling) feature

The keyboard is incredibly slim, the keys are very quiet, you can type on them very fast, and the wrist rest is very comfortable. It also has two heights for tilting up.

The mouse has the revolution feature, so you can do "hyperscrolling". The MX Revolution is my favorite mouse and this one is a close second.

This kit has great battery life, and with the wireless there is no manul "sync up" process. They just connect and work. Both devices seem to have great build quality. They are solid and don't have a "hollow" feeling when you touch or use them.

While the keyboard says it is designed for power users, I found it a tad bit cramped for my power typing episodes. Coming from the ergonomic Microsoft keyboards both at work and at home, it did take some adjustment to the size of the keys but it wasn't a tremendous issue. If you need wireless, great scrolling and great tactile speed and response, this is a great combo! The only reason I rated it 4 instead of 5 is that for a power user like myself, the keys were just a tad bit cramped. That's a personal opinion, each will have his or her own thoughts on that.
on August 20, 2011
This keyboard has been a disapointment since day one. The keys stick and have a cheap feel. The mouse included in the kit has already died and has been replaced, taking up yet another USB port. I would avoid this particular model.
on July 1, 2011
I am so frustrated with this mouse and keyboard set, and I will be buying a new (differrrent)) one soon. It is easy to set up, and the mouse iiss comfoorrtable, as is the pad on the keyboard, but the connection is ALWAYS CUTTING OUT! Either the mouse stops working, or the keyboard stops responding, or it starts doubling all the letters you type, like it did when I just typed "is comfortable" and "different" in the last sentence. I have to keep unplugging the connector and replugging it in. I am a freelance writer who works from home, and in the course of one day, it acts up at least 25 times a workday. It has acted up three times just in the process of writing this review. Terrible. Would NOT recommend this.
on September 15, 2010
I did a lot of research for a wireless keyboard/mouse combo before buying this one. The common complaints for any wireless product is of course how reliable the wireless signal is (does it have to be right in front of the sensor, how far can I move away, does it miss keystrokes or make my mouse jumpy, etc) and battery (is it rechargeable, how long does it last, etc). If you're looking for an ergo keyboard, I have to agree with the reviewer who gave this 3 stars for being mislabled. It's a standard keyboard. That said, I wouldn't take any stars off for that, because as a keyboard its very comfortable and on the two issues mentioned above, it exceeds my expectations.

Wireless connectivity is short of fantastic. I don't know if it's supposed to need line of sight or not, but I just plug in the USB dongle to the front or back of my desktop and go. I have a configurable workspace, so I've had my CPU right next to my monitor facing me, I've had it off to the left of my monitor, facing 90 degrees away from me, I've had it higher and lower than my monitor. In each case, I've had NO problems with wireless signal. They keyboard captures all my keystrokes and the mouse flows like butter.

Battery life was a concern for me. I really wanted to get a rechargeable combo, like the Wave combo, but the Wave took up too much space on my desk and having had ergo keyboard the last 3 years that hogged my desk, I wanted something more compact. The reviews AND tech specs said this battery would last me a year. I was skeptical. I've had the combo for about 6 months now and my keyboard battery still registers as full and my mouse batter measures just below full. Mind you, this is with near daily use of the desktop, and some heavy gaming thrown in periodically.

Which leads me to my next and final comment. I'm an avid PC gamer and after squeezing everything I could out of my 7 year old desktop, I finally bit the bullet and invested in a high end gaming rig. I was concerned that this combo would not be good enough and responsive enough for my gaming. So I went ahead and bought a Razer gaming mouse at the same time I bought this combo. I was also researching Razer keyboards as well. However, when I got home and hooked this combo up and fired up a couple games, I was amazed at how well it performed. Maybe I'm just not as hardcore a gamer as I thought, but this combo is as good as anything I've used before and lets me play games without missing a beat or making me feel like I am at a competitive disadvantage. As a result, I have a brand new, still unopened, very expensive Razer mouse, sitting and looking impressive on my shelf, but not getting any use. And that's really the best compliment and endorsement I can give this combo. It performs solidly enough for me to use it for gaming, even though it's not a gaming combo.

As for price, sure I would have liked to have paid less for it, but when I consider I would pay almost twice as much for a separate gaming mouse and keyboard, and this does just as good as those separate pieces, suddenly $100 isn't that bad. And I just checked, Amazon is actually now selling this combo for $65 shipped! For what you get, that is a steal! I have a logitech gamepad controller I use with my PC, and logitech gaming earphones. So far, I haven't had a single poor experience with a Logitech product.

No, it's not ergonomic. Yes, it is very comfortable. The keys take a little getting used to, me being used to an ergo keyboard with more raised keys as well as laptop keyboards, but once you get used to it, it's a comfortable fit and feel. The mouse is on par with gaming mice. And it's all wireless. That's it guys, go get this right now. You won't regret it.
VINE VOICEon October 21, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I want to start off by stating how comfortable this combination is to use. Besides the comfort, the return to the basic keyboard layout by Logitech is a huge plus. I could never get used to the previous layout that Logitech used and was one of the reasons I hesitated to use their keyboards. Some of the other comfort aspects to the keyboard ate a wrist rest that is firm, yet has a soft surface that provides just the right amount of traction. The keyboard angle adjusts to three settings and the keys have rounded edges which makes them much easier on my fingertips. The mouse comfort is second to none. Its shape fits my hand perfectly and the buttons are located in just the right places for immediate access without having to reposition my hand or move my fingers much.

Of course, comfort alone would not be a reason to rate this combination so highly; function must follow as well. The keyboard is a top of the line model in all aspects. It is very responsive and quiet. There is an additional function key that allows the user to select secondary functions for the F keys much like a notebook keyboard does. All the functions are programmable to either run applications, scripts, keystrokes, or basically whatever you need a keyboard to do. The battery life is very impressive to say the least and the indicators are sufficient although not as clear as I would like them to be because of lack of backlighting and low contrast.

Functionality of the mouse has been a mixed bag for me. When it responds, it is a wonderful little mouse with extra features like the hyper wheel that lets you scroll very quickly and the search and navigation buttons are very convenient when browsing the Internet. However, its response is not what I expect from a high end mouse when it is under stress. It seems to lag a bit and skip across the screen when the computer is busy but is otherwise wonderful during normal operation. This may be due to its battery saving features but it takes away from an otherwise great product.

I had some trouble installing the SetPoint software on my PC and it took some work with Logitech support to get it to work. My experience with Logitech support was very positive and the problem was eventually resolved.
on December 8, 2013
Only reason for 4 instead of 5 is the action on the keys is a bit soft/over spring. Not quite as precise when typing. On a good "clacky" keyboard I can hit around 110 wpm. Significantly slower on this one. Oh, and there was a lot of keyboard lag/freezing, until I used the USB extender cable. Before with the receiver on my desktop machine (under the desk, actually) it was dodgy. Now with the cable I use and the receiver dongle up on top of the desk, all is groovy. Mouse is fast and responsive, and accurate. I did have to get a mousepad, as it would NOT function on a black desk surface. Mu old Razr gaming mouse (wired) worked fine on the black surface.