1,054 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Release The Kraken!
Does Logitech ever sleep? They seem to churn out new and improved peripherals at an unsustainable pace. Yet, here we are. The long-time peripheral maker is at it again and has unleashed the Kraken upon the PC gaming world. The new Logitech wireless G700 gaming mouse is most definitely a monster. In a good way.

PROS:
- Highly accurate tracking (5700dpi...
Published on September 24, 2010 by Ed

3.0 out of 5 stars more of a mid-grade mouse
First the goods:
It fits my hand nicely. I like the grip, most of the buttons are in good places. It works feels good when no cord is attached. Not many mice out there have this many buttons. The 4 thumb buttons are awesome, great location, easy to tell apart.

The bads:
The battery life sucks, it only lasts me a couple to few days. It takes a...
Published on March 4, 2011 by 2213

4.0 out of 5 stars Release The Kraken!, September 24, 2010
Ed (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

PROS:
- Highly accurate tracking (5700dpi max)
- User replaceable AA rechargeable Eneloop battery
- 13 programmable buttons for each of 5 profiles
- Matte finish easy to grip
- Reasonably comfortable
- Hybrid mouse (corded mousing ability)
- Includes USB extension cable for wireless receiver

CONS:
- Charge only via powered USB port
- On the heavy side
- Slightly elevated slope might be uncomfortable to some
- Does not include a unifying receiver

Sometimes the packaging tells you everything about the product. I have owned countless Logitech mice and I'm very familiar with the packaging. A nice touch on the G700 is a tab that allows you to slide everything out of the box more easily without trashing the box. The G700 for me, is a replacement for my wired Logitech G9 Mouse, which replaced my older wireless Logitech G7 Mouse. I had used the G9 in conjunction with a Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse, but I can safely say I no longer need 2 different mice for gaming and for general use.

COMFORT
The G700 is nearly as comfortable as the MX Revolution, to me. The G700 however, is higher at the peak of it's slope, with a higher backside than the MX Revolution. My fingers do not rest as comfortably down on the left/right buttons because my palm is more elevated than on the MX Revolution. It is more substantial than the G9 but more comfortable in my opinion. The one thing I wish were still possible in the G700 is the adjustable weight system that the G9 used. It's a bit on the heavy side and I would have preferred being able to set my own weight.

TRACKING
If you're a spec geek, you'll be happy to know that the tracking resolution on the G700 is a bountiful 5700 dpi. The G7 was rated at 2000 dpi and the G9 at 3200 dpi. I'm not sure why they couldn't use their Darkfield Laser technology on the G700. Perhaps it was a required compromise to keep the cost down from the already hefty price tag or perhaps it's not even possible. The Logitech Performance Mouse MX's resolution is still good at 1500 dpi, but not quite up to par with most gaming mice. Regardless, I had no problems tracking with the G700 and on-the-fly dpi changes were quick and easy.

There have been some chatter online about the G700 having problems with small, precise movements that are key to FPS games. I can say confidently that I don't have these problems. The SetPoint software I downloaded from Logitech did apply an update to the mouse though, so perhaps it was a firmware update to address this issue. I'm currently on firmware version 22.35.

CUSTOMIZATION
I have to say that the individually sculpted buttons on the G700 have been done as tasteful as you could want for a mouse with THIRTEEN buttons. There are 4 by the thumb, 3 by the forefinger, 3 for the scroll wheel, 1 under the scroll wheel, and of course, the left and right buttons. The scroll wheel is the highly vaunted hyper-fast scroll wheel that can scroll freely. The button directly under the wheel allows you to easily switch to the ratcheting style scroll and back. All the buttons are placed in easy to reach positions and all are customizable with the SetPoint software.

The G700-specific SetPoint options are separated from the keyboard so you won't see a tab for it if you happen to use a Logitech keyboard as well. The options in SetPoint are laid out well and easy to configure. From what I can tell, once you have written the configurations to the mouse's memory, you can use them on any computer without SetPoint. Great for LAN parties if you don't travel with your own rig. By default, the G700 comes with 3 profiles in which you can set different functions for each button. You can even add 2 more profiles, giving you a total of 5 profiles of 13 functions. That equates to a possible 65 different functions for your mouse. A mouse! You can keep track of which profile you are using with the LED indicators on the side.

WIRELESS PERFORMANCE
It's been a long time since I have had a wireless Logitech mouse give me problems with lag or stuttering and the G700 is no exception. I placed the nano receiver into the back of my desktop computer, which is located on the floor, under my desk. Logitech includes an extension cradle for receiver use, but I didn't need to use it. I have a cordless phone on the same desk as well as a single-band wireless N router.

BATTERY LIFE
Logitech gets bonus points from me for their innovation in the battery department here. First, the rechargeable battery is not only removable, but it's a standard AA NiMH battery that you can pick up for a buck or two anywhere. But wait, there's more! I flipped open the battery compartment to replace the rechargeable with my own Sanyo Eneloop low self-discharge battery and what did I see? A Sanyo Eneloop low self-discharge battery already IN the mouse! Now that is what I'm talkin' `bout Willis! It was low out of the box however so I needed to charge it right away. The battery in the old G7 mouse was actually quite a pain. It was a proprietary battery that you would swap out of the charging receiver, daily. Not only that, but replacements were impossible to find from Logitech. I'm not finished; the innovation doesn't stop there! Logitech included a micro-USB charging cable that inserts quickly and easily into the front of the G700 so that you can use it as a wired mouse while the battery is charging! Though Logitech marketing elected not to call it a hybrid mouse, that's exactly what the G700 is. Apparently the more expensive Razer Mamba has this hybrid ability as well. As should be expected, battery life doesn't come close to matching the old MX Revolution. However, the added flexibility of user replaceable batteries along with the charging/data cord option makes up for the shorter life, in my opinion.

MISC
I like the rough matte finish on the G700 as a matter of personal taste. It doesn't look as classy as my MX Revolution, but it also doesn't smudge like the MX Revolution. My one hope is that the finish doesn't peel like the precision grip on the G9 often did.

The other thing I noticed is that the nano receiver is not a unifying receiver. The unifying receiver is something Logitech has been touting heavily for the past year or two. This would have been nice in case you were using a Logitech wireless keyboard too, since the G700 already takes up 2 USB ports. I figure that Logitech wanted to avoid any complaints about performance due to sharing the bandwidth of a single USB port so they elected to leave out the unifying feature for their gaming hardware.

SUMMARY
The Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 is a fantastic wireless gaming mouse, especially for MMORPG games. It works well enough to also be a great everyday mouse. If you're really happy with your current mouse, I'm not sure it's worth forking down the Benjamin for the G700. But, if you don't like your curent mouse for some reason or it's on its last legs, I say go for it. Sure, it could be lighter and more comfortable and have better battery life, but you're also gaining so much more. I personally have packed up my G9 and MX Revolution. In fact, I'd been holding off on getting Starcraft II for a while now and it looks like I have a great reason to finally go get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great mouse, not just for Gamers, October 28, 2011
Logitech G700 Review

PROS:
- Good tracking / High Precision (5700dpi max, read further)
- Nano Receiver
- Good ergonomics: I personally like the G700's shape and feel. I don't think it's heavier than it needs to be for a solid, positive movement and I can use it for hours, even corded without strain.
- The 13 buttons can be programmed for 5 different profiles - Using Setpoint 5.44.5 works like a charm. The tactile feel of them is fine for my needs. I would prefer less of clicking noises using left / right and center mouse buttons.
- Finishing is great matte black - less cheesy than the G500 or other "gaming mice". Probably a Con for ppl that like showing off, but...
- User replaceable AA rechargeable Eneloop battery.
- You can charge it while you use it. The "wired" mode transition is seamless - at least with the drivers I've used - but some reviewers disagree on that. Setpoint 5.44.5 on Win 7 64bit never produced a freeze or loss of settings while hot-plugging the USB cable while the mouse was used.
- Matte finish easy to grip. Feels "different" than the normal rubber padded mice, but will probably last longer too. Grip is quite positive, no concerns.
- Includes USB extension cable for wireless receiver - more of a desktop user easement. Range is great for laptop use, works out to 3 feet / 1 meter easily, never had need for more.

CONS:
- Big, not ideal for slipping it in your laptop's slim carrying messenger bag, but nothing terrible. <- actually I do carry it around in my slim messenger belkin, but that's me...
- Noisy clicks...I would prefer it more subtle for "stealth" gaming. Hard for someone to miss what you are doing with loud blazing clicks when in the heat of battle!
- Charge only via powered USB port (well, I wouldn't like to drag a docking station around, so, no biggie)
- Slightly elevated slope might be uncomfortable to some - definitely not a "claw"-grip. Works Ok with my middle-sized hands.
- Does not include a unifying nano-receiver (guess the "G series" nano provides faster response? nothing i can feel tho)
- Battery life is nothing to talk home about, but not terrible, and you can replace it almost on the fly (or hook the USB cable). On par or better with most high performance mice, that are tied to Li-Ion proprietary battery packs.

This review follows almost 3 weeks after the mouse has been purchased.

Main thoughts -

- Productivity Performance
Used the G700 in a variety of applications, mainly design programs and games. The 5 available profiles work a charm and you can program the driver to "sense" the application's .exe and switch profiles on the fly: switching between say - Autodesk Revit and SketchUp to Adobe Illustrator and back for copy-pasting etc, the software follows you switching profiles seamlessly, altering assigned macros for the thumb / side buttons. Each profile can have it's own DPI setting and DPI steps that you can then hard-set on the fly on the mouse. The profiles are stored on the mouse's internal mem-bank too, so you take those settings with you to use on multiple PCs.

- Gaming Performance
The real performance difference is in games tho, where you really feel the increase in precision despite the dpi used - I doubt that people can positively utilize more than 2000dpi on their mice, with me finding a limit close to the 1600dpi. Above that you cannot be precise enough for anything but laid back internet browsing.
I do play MMOs (EVE online), where the extra buttons can do macros etc just fine but precision is not that critical. In the more demanding FPS world, the mouse clearly shines. To be honest I've never had complains on the responsiveness of the VX Nano or the Microsoft's Mobile 4000, yet the G700 beats them on all surfaces. Almost any cheap cloth mouse-pad (used it on black and grey) did improve the feel of it over bare desktop surfaces.

Tracking while you snipe is great, and sensitivity is easily adjusted by the default keys left of your right index finger. You can customize the dpi switching to be assigned to any key, with +/- steps in independent keys or looping through the settings with just one key.

The "extra" G keys have a positive feel and I personally found them quite easy to find and identify just with touch. Unlike other reviewers, I did like the thumb keys and I can use them each and every time without missing or guessing. All of them work for both a slight "upward/in" movement of the thumb, or direct depression. Did not run into locking problems when using more than 2-3 buttons at a time (speaking on coms, using assigned macros and/or firing etc).

Response is great and you cannot tell between wired and wireless.

- Side status LEDs
3 triangle LEDs live on the left side of the G700. With 3x primary colors, indicate the profile in use in case you manually switch(orange - 5 steps), DPI used (Red, 5 steps) and battery life (Green, 3 steps, with a single Red coming on when battery is really low).

- More on the sensor's DPI rating
Remember tho that most "common" optical mice dance around the 800-1000 dpi range, and with today's screen real-estate (typical 1920x1080) and dual screen configs being common, many times you need to move a 800dpi mouse along your mouse-pad and even lift/return it for some more to go from one edge to the other. The software allows you to set 5 dpi steps for each profile, and I have none going above 3200 dpi (nor did the factory settings).

- Battery
The mouse comes with a single Sanyo Eneloop battery, and typically lasts about 2 days of work/gaming. Keep in mind that I do use my computer at least 10 hours a day, so I am happy with that. Charging usually completes within 3-4 hours while in use. Never timed it tho. The "low battery" indicator does come up on your screen, but as other reviewers mentioned, it's too conservative and you do have at least a couple of hours - or more - of usage after the warning.

Personally I would prefer 2x AA batteries in parallel (like with the M705 marathon) for better battery life. Also keep in mind that despite the fact that the Eneloop is one of the highest quality NiMH batteries out there, their rated capacity is 1900-2000mAh, while most high capacity AA NiMH are rated around 2500-2700mAh. I tend to believe that the Eneloops would shine on low-drain, long battery life applications, something the G700 is clearly not. I don't have a spare 2700mAh (I use them in my flash units), but I believe the G700 would be better paired with such cells.

- Corded use and charging
Again, the transition from wireless to wired mod was seamless in my experience and the latest drivers.
The cord is not the softest around, but I never felt it "stiff" and uncomfortable as some reported. It's an ok cord. Not as soft as many silicon-skinned cords some mice used, but works fine for me.
The USB wire connector utilizes a micro-USB male plug on the G700's end. That means that any such cable could work for both using and charging the mouse. For the latter, probably any 5V mobile phone charger would work too, for those who desperately need an off-USB charging device (many PCs do power their USBs when in sleep mode, so charging is happening even when the machine is not "on"). Micro USB is supposed to be the EU standard for cell phone charging since 2010 (Apple, Nokia, Samsung, LG, Motorola etc among others agreed on using it universally) so more and more devices will provide compatible chargers.

- Why the G700? So many Mice out there!
As I was mostly on the move, I do appreciate wireless mice, and I've been spoiled by the nano-receiver on my Logitech VX Nano for more than 2 years now. The thing is simply amazingly versatile and quite fool-proof (not in a few occasions people had damaged the dongle, destroyed a USB port or both due to them protruding in the wrong place at a wrong time.
Since I've bought the VX nano, I've used a couple of mice on friends computers and/or tried some on mine. I did not fail to notice that the old generation Laser "848nm" sensor they VX Nano and most of the nano-receiver mice Logitech produced the last few years (V220, M505, M705) did lack in tracking precision, even against relatively cheaper competitors like the Microsoft Mobile 4000 mouse - a unit that if it wasn't for the extremely jerky/cheap feel of its wheel/center button would be almost perfect for the <$20 price many vendors sell it for.

Since I liked the Hyper-Fast scroll wheel in my VX nano, but I've hated the fact that the center mouse button was not on the wheel, the main contenders for replacing it where all full scale
Logitech mice, which provided all of:

* Hyper-scroll wheel + center mouse button with positive feel
* Better tracking than the VX nano
* Ideally wireless with nano-receiver.
* At least 2-3 programmable buttons, but not as badly placed as on the VX Nano.
* Not really expensive - I ended up buying on the high end of my budget but most competitive "gaming" mice offered less features for the same price.

The G700 was chosen over:
- The G500 - seemed a great mouse, but cheesy in appearance and not really cheaper in the long run especially since it's only wired.
- The Performance MX. Relatively better battery life, but not that better (still a high precision sensor with only one AA battery), not cheaper, less buttons (that many will not use anyways), with a unified nano receiver. I believe it would be a great alternative if it was actually cheaper. Has the "glass capable" dark field technology, but I never planned on using it on glass.
- G400/300 - only wired, cheap(er) feel, great tracking. Don't like the right side buttons on the G300.
Anywhere Mouse MX: All the pros of the VX nano, and all the cons too, but the 2 side buttons placement. Nothing a VX nano owner will actually want, unless you have to use it on glass and/or really need a unified receiver to use with a keyboard or something.
- M705 "Marathon" mouse: Did not promise better tracking, but would give great autonomy and a definitely better battery life. Unifying receiver, way better scroll wheel than the nano-mice - if you care for middle clicking...off center sensor etc where never annoyances for my game style.

6 month Update:
After 6 months with the G700, I have nothing more to say that it still feels a great buy. I use it daily for design/drafting and gaming. Battery life is mediocre, but will easily last 20 or so hours of use in my hands. The matte finishing still looks great, with only a hint of skin grease visible on the left button. G keys never missed a beat thus far. Wish it had a unifying receiver to be perfect (ended up getting a K series unified keyboard for my laptop and I get to use 2x USB ports just for input devices).

9 month Update:
Rock and solid in every department other than battery life. Tried an old GP 2700mAh and still the mouse needs to be plugged every other day the most - and I am not using it @ 1000 reports /sec for productivity tasks which is 90%+ of the hours it is used. Got used to it, but Logitech should definitely consider a 2x AA design for the next flagship mouse, even if they come up with reduced consumption components.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gaming mouse I've ever used, September 8, 2010
P. Tran (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 (Personal Computers)
I received my mouse about a week ago, and have been putting it through the rounds. Before using this mouse, my main gaming mouse was the Logitech G7. It was a really great mouse for its time.

Compared to the G7, the G700 has a much better feel to it. The surface is rough, instead of smooth and slick like the G7, so all your finger gunk doesn't get on there. All of the buttons on the G700 can be identified just by feeling them. They seem very natural to click.

The accuracy of this mouse is insane. I use it at 1000 reports/sec on max gaming power mode. Usually with a new mouse it takes time to get used to it, but this mouse just seemed so natural to me that I got used to it right away. It's slightly better than the G7, but it's *much* more consistent/reliable in its movement than the Performance mouse MX (which I use on my laptop). I mostly play league SC2 (diamond 1v1) so this is very important to me.

The battery lasts 3-5 hours in this max gaming mode before you have to plug in the usb cable. At this point, it becomes a wired mouse instead of a wireless mouse. I kind of miss the old G7 design where you would just swap batteries all the time, so it would be wireless full time. You can do that with this mouse too I suppose, since it takes a normal AA battery. You just have to buy some rechargeable AA batteries and charge some while you're playing.

3.0 out of 5 stars more of a mid-grade mouse, March 4, 2011
First the goods:

The bads:
The battery life sucks, it only lasts me a couple to few days. It takes a single AA rechargeable battery. The cord to recharge is kinda stiff and rubbery, it drives me nuts. The G8, G9, and G10 keys feel a little 'loose' and cheap. You have to push them at a certain angle to get them to work. It's easy to get used to (kinda), but still a pain. The button to make the scroll wheel ratchet sticks up a little too high it seems. Maybe if it was on the other side of the wheel or something...I really don't use it much (or at all). You also cannot adjust the weight of it, though i think it is weighted nicely...kinda hefty but not heavy.

I bought this to replace my Logitech G5. I seem to have to use 2 different programs to use both mice (program the buttons on each). It does have more buttons. The cord on the G5 was cloth like and didn't stick like the G700 does. However, there is no cord resistance when it is unplugged. It slides easy enough across my pad, but the G5 was smoother. The packaging kinda sucked, no CD or manual or anything; they just tell you to get it online. The software for my G5 looked like it would have the option for the G700, but I couldn't get them to work on the same program. Quality-wise the G5 wins...but like I said, not many mice have this many buttons in the right locations. This is not a "high-end" mouse... more like a mid-grade with plenty of buttons. If it was half the price, I would give it a better rating, but I just don't feel like the quality is there.

UPDATE Well, the battery life got worse, down to less than a day.... but I just replaced w/ another rechargeable and it is better. Sometimes when I unplug or plug it in, the buttons stop working, I have to reset. This will bug you if you are in the middle of a game and your battery runs out. It has only a couple times, but I swear it was the worst couple of times. I think pressing the buttons while it is being plugged in may be causing it. Also, it takes 2 usb ports to "quick change" it, 1 for the charging cable and 1 for the cordless receiver. The buttons all still work fine, but the scroll wheel has gotten a little looser.

ALMOST A YEAR UPDATE It dosen't work properly now. When I hold the left main button down, it will "blink", making like I am clicking it rather than holding it down. I also redid my computer after this first started happening, so it is not a software conflict. I tried a fresh battery too. BTW, it does come w/ a good quality rechargeable battery.

1 YEAR UPDATE It died... The middle mouse button is registered as being stuck down, though it is not mechanically stuck. In summary: It was okay while it lasted. the 4 thumb buttons were great, easy to tell apart and in a good place. The 1 programmable button near the mouse wheel was good, however the other taller "wheel ratchet control" button (G11) would get pressed instead or at the same time (why put the button there? How often do people switch between ratchet/ nonratchet?) 2 of the 3 buttons on the side of the left mouse button (G9 G10) are hard to push. G8 is not too bad, the other two are for me, I never really used them. Still, that leads 6 programmable, usable (for me) buttons (not including 3 main + ratchet wheel side to side). The last two Logitech mice I had were of very good quality, not sure what happened w/ this 1; I guess fancy features and many buttons overweighed quality on this mouse. Back to my Logitech G5, an awesome mouse, just lacking buttons.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still the Rolls Royce of mice, but a G7 this isn't., October 6, 2010
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was thrilled to review the G700 because for one, I have owned a G7 for about four years and it works exactly like how it did when I first put it to use. Now, four years later and a 'seemingly' improved, and upgraded newer model, I could not wait to see how they improved the unimproveable. How can you get better than perfection? I thought: "ok, change the look a little bit, add more buttons, and more response rate and you probably would improve the perfection that was G7". However, with the technological improvements, the core features within the G7 were changed on the G700. These changes, to me, were not for the better. You may though, after reading this review, feel the complete opposite.

What the G7 had that the G700 does not:

Material:
G7: The top portion of the mouse (where your palm and fingers go) on the G7 was a shiny, plastic covering that to this day has not shown any sign of use. Moreover, it never showed any of the "worn-in" spots or greasy areas where our hands tend to sit for long periods of time.

vs

G700: The top part is a rough, hard plastic that is very well good for grip, but is not so good for prolonged use. Meaning that this mouse will show wear eventually. For most this is not a big deal, but I guess I was spoiled with the G7--knowing that it is possible for a product to look good for all the years you own it.

Battery Charging:
G7: Personally, this was one of the main reasons I have kept the G7 for so many years. It came with two physical battery cartridges, with one being in use at a time. When the the battery was running low, you would pop the battery out, put it in the charger (that was hooked up to the USB connectivity device), and put the second (fully charged) battery in the mouse. Took two seconds, and you still continued wireless.

vs

G700: Logitech engineered this mouse to either be a wireless OR wired. The G700 comes equipped with 2 Rechargeable AA batteries that tend to last a VERY long time (upwards of 2-3 days with about 8 hours of gaming a day, and 5 days normal browsing/use). However, in order to charge them you have to plug the mouse into a USB port on your computer. You can still use the mouse while it is charging for the mouse has just turned into a wired mouse, with wired mouses' connectivity too. The recharging rate for the batteries is said in the manual to be about 5 hours, but it usually comes out to about 3 or so.
-Digression-
**ISSUE** You may or may not know that there is an issue with the battery indicator light, where the indicator will show the battery dead long before it actually is close to dying. I will admit this is an annoyance for me especially since I really do not like the battery situation in general. But as you will read in my final comments, this is still an outstanding mouse.
-Continuation-
To explain more on my dislike for the battery/wired combination: Sure it is nice to have the option to turn your wireless into a wired especially if say the batteries completely die, or the batteries are misplaced. But when I buy a wireless, I want a wireless mouse and nothing but. I do not need a safety cushion when it involves taking a quarter of the time I spend wireless and turning my mouse into a wired charging station. The reason why I can be so adamant about this process is because I had a completely wireless mouse that never had downtime - the G7.

So there you have my two major gripes with the G700. I feel like Logitech made unnecessary changes, but of course this is subjective.

You may be wondering if I am going to say anything good about the G700, or why I still gave it four stars. Well, if you could not already tell, I still think this is an amazing mouse. Let's get to its strong points.

Programmable Buttons (key bindings and macros)
This is a gamer's mouse. On the mouse itself are 13 programmable buttons, but 7 actually worth programming for use. There are 3 little buttons right by your index finger (2 are taken up by the speed toggle, though you can set the mouse to only use 1 button for that function) of which you can possibly use up to 2. There are also 4 side buttons where your thumb goes. These are all fantastic in location and possibilities. With the latter I mean you can set these buttons to bind to a key or a macro (obviously targeted towards the MMORPG world). There is also 2 buttons directly in the middle of the mouse where 1 button is used to toggle the scroll wheel to be smooth or clicky and the other to toggle user profiles.
**ISSUE** When the scroll on my mouse is toggled to the "clicky" it is abnormally loud in that it feels like it is catching on the toggle button when you scroll with it. Basically it is loud and clunky. Not sure if this is just my mouse or not.

Up to 5 user settings
Very nice feature for a gamer. There are 5 profiles on this mouse that you can toggle instantly (like the memorized settings of the powered seats/mirrors on a car) so that you can keep your macros/key bindings set to 5 different games. Loved this.

Up to 3 levels of performance
This is very similar to the power settings on a laptop. You can either have this mouse set to MAX (The mouse stays on the longest, but uses the most battery life--however this is the setting I used when testing the battery life: remember 2-3 hours of 8 hrs usage/day), NORMAL (Stays on fairly long, but accommodates games/usage where there are a few breaks), and POWER SAVING (Obviously to save more power: mainly used for non-gaming)

Very high response rate and DPI
Has the possibility to up to 1,000 r/s though it is set at 500 when you first use it for they say putting it to max can cause your computer to lag a bit. I did not see any reportable load on the CPU/Memory when set to max, nor did I see much difference between the two settings (they are both fantastic rates). DPI is of course great with max at 5,700.

Extension on Adapter
This comes with an extension cord so that if the tiny adapter (about an inch long) is not able to get in a direct line of sight to the G700, you can hook it to the USB extension cord and maneuver accordingly.

There you have my review. It is hard not to root for the G700 completely for it overflows with gaming friendliness--the manual even makes reference to a certain, very big MMORPG (Curse of Agony, Rain of Fire). However, if you read most, or all of my review, you came to the conclusion that to me this is better for gaming than the G7, but lacks some of the G7's best features so that instead of a new level of perfection, there was a stalemate for superiority.

For gaming BUY IT.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice physical design, but one minor and one major problem., February 28, 2013
Mark Lahren (Bismarck, North Dakota USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 (Personal Computers)
I had been using exclusively Logitech mice for upwards of 10 years on all of my computers. And for the first few days, I was happy with the G700 as well. It has a nice shape and feel (as do all my other Logitechs), but not quite as nice as my old favorite, the G7.

After a few days, the first problem appeared. Mine came with a single AA Sony Eneloop battery, which in my case lasted about three days before needing a recharge. This was after using it for only about an hour a day. Turns out there is an on/off switch on the bottom that you must use to shut off the mouse each time if you want to preserve battery life. After using G7s for about five years prior to this mouse, this was unacceptable. The G7s had an auto shut-off feature, which worked flawlessly, so I don't understand the need for an on/off switch on the G700. As I could not be bothered to shut the mouse off each and every time I was done using it for the night, I eventually just left it plugged in to the cord constantly, which gave me a decent corded mouse with a stiff cord. Okay, that problem was very irritating, but I could live with it.

The second problem was the killer for me. After about 6 months of use, it developed a double-click whenever a single-click was pressed. For gaming, this was not a problem, but for web-surfing, it became a nightmare. I'd have one browser open over the top of another browser session, and I'd click to close the top browser, it would register the click as two clicks, and close both. The double-click issue was a problem in several other examples (any time I'd have one program with an 'X' to close the program running over the top of another program using the 'X' to close it in the same location), but I list this one because it was most noticeable when it happened then. No amount of fussing with the settings would fix this.

The G7, which preceeded this mouse, had also developed the same double-click problem after about 6 months. To be fair, Logitech's support was fantastic, and replaced the G7 twice, but both replacements (brand new in the box) also developed the problem after about 6 months. In the 5 years I lived with the G7s, it was still my favorite gaming mouse, so I ended up using a G7 in tandem with a 10-year-old Logitech, which after 10 years of use did not have the double-clicking issue. I'd use the G7 or the G700 for gaming, and the 10-year-old Logitech for everything else. I could leave both mice plugged in at the same time and use whichever I wanted without any problems. A clunky solution, but it worked.

I bought the G700 hoping that they had fixed the problem with the redesign, but apparently they are still using the same cheap microswitches (which I'm assuming are at fault for this). After reading the first few pages of reviews here, I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it. Google it if you don't believe me, or even check at Logitech's forums, where the canned response is to not press down so hard on the buttons. Huh? I've been using mice since 1993, and have never had a similar problem until Logitech's products beginning around 2005.

And yes, I'm certain I could have gone through the warranty replacement procedure yet again for the G700, but I'm equally certain they would have sent me yet another brand new mouse that would develop the same problem, so I didn't even bother. Instead, it now sits in a drawer with my G7s, awaiting the day I am brave enough to take them apart and repair them (there are several sites online that take you step by step through the procedure, but it looks complex).

I have no idea if Logitech ever did fix this problem (to be fair, other brands have suffered the same fate, such as Microsoft and Razer, apparently because they use the same microswitch manufacturer). All I know is that after doing a ton of research, I "think" I finally found a mouse that doesn't have this problem: The Corsair M60. I am not certain of this however, as I've only owned the Corsair for 7 months thus far, but so far it's been very solid. Please, at least do yourself a favor before purchasing any mouse, and Google "double-clicking mouse problem" before you buy. You'll be amazed at how many brands are affected, and how common it is.

To sum up, if you've had a Logitech mouse built since 2005, and you have never had the double-click issue, and you are confident that the 4 instances I've listed are rare, and won't happen to you, then go ahead and order one, because otherwise, I have no real complaints. The wireless connection was solid (in the weeks before I switched to using it corded all the time), it has a nice shape, feel, and weight, and it looks good. Also, I believe you can rest assured that if this problem would happen to you, Logitech would honor its warranty (they did with me, but that was several years ago, when they were replacing my G7 every 6 months - at that time, the warranty service was stellar). If I could ever be assured that Logitech has ever finally gotten this fixed, I'd go back to them. But after 7 years of reading complaints about this, and after having the last 4 of my own Logitechs in a row develop this problem, I'm not real confident.

4.0 out of 5 stars G700 on a Mac, July 21, 2012
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 (Personal Computers)
The sole purpose of my review is to discuss using this mouse on a Mac. Many of the reviews are very good and give you excellent information usable to make your decision, but I did not see any that discussed using this mouse on a Mac. So here are simple questions and answers:

- Is this a good mouse? Yes. Read the tons of reviews most of which are very positive. I agree with all of the positive comments.
- Will this mouse work as intended out of the box on a Mac? No. The mouse will work on a Mac with no changes, but it is far from fully functional. If you bought this mouse, you were likely not looking for a 2 button replacement mouse and that is about what you would get out of the box on a Mac. Most of the buttons will not work as intended and configuration is far from optimal.
- Is it a surprise that the G700 does not work on a Mac out of the box? No. The box clearly states Windows and never mentions Mac at all. Additionally even a cursory review of the web clearly shows the G700 is not supported on Mac.
- Will Logitech support Mac for the G700? No. There are threads that go back years with updates from Logitech personnel that clearly say they have no intentions of supporting Mac OS. Do not waste time asking why.
- Should Logitech support Mac for G700? Yes. But get over it, they are not.
- Can you make the G700 fully functional on a Mac? Yes. More later.
- Is it worth the effort? Yes. Mac users are in general spoiled by ease of use of peripherals and everything in general. Again if you bought this mouse you probably do not mind spending the time to configure it to exactly what you want which is what this mouse does best.

- So why only 4 stars? It does kind of suck that you have spend a little extra effort to use it on Mac especially since Logitech really could prevent this.

Figuring out how to use G700 on a Mac is pretty easy using any internet search and I will not go into great details, but here are some quick summary of options:

- Configure G700 on a PC then just shift to a Mac. This is the easiest method, the one I use, and the only one I have seen specifically mentioned by a Logitech support agent. It is very easy. One key point is set the sensor speed on your PC to 125 (this value comes directly from a Logitech post and is easily done on a PC). This is truly the best thing about this mouse. Once configured it works on any PC - and similarly on a Mac - due to the onboard profiles. Only purest Mac users have a problem with this since they dislike everything PC, but everyone has access to a PC to some degree.
- There are several 3rd party Mac options. I have not tried them and am specifically not mentioning them, but they are easy to find. They nominally cost $20-25 and some have fully functional demo versions with no expiration that seem to work. The advantage is they seem to be specifically targetted at Logitech mice and you can directly select the G700. This is probably one of the most comprehensive solutions.
- You could use the mouse as is on a Mac, but you will not be able to change the dpi switching (one of the coolest and most useful options), many of the buttons will be unusual, and in general you will not be happy.

Clearly I think option #1 is best. Good luck and thanks for reading!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Gaming Mouse, January 1, 2012
Vince B. (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 (Personal Computers)
I have owned this mouse for four months now (received 08/09/2011) and so far, it's been great. This mouse was a replacement for my old Razer Orochi due to the fact that I needed a big mouse to fit my relatively large hands. While not completely perfect, the mouse is great for casual gamers (like me) and pro gamers (when wired). Hopefully this mouse is a great replacement to my overall favorite, the MX700, which lasted several years before breaking down in a gamer rage :P

Pros:
-Size: The large size of this mouse is perfect for gamers with medium to large hands. The palm style grip suits my casual gaming needs as it is comfortable in long FPS and RTS gaming sessions.

-Buttons: 13 programmable buttons are great with the potential for many combinations due to the potential for multiple user profiles. These buttons don't even have to have a gaming function. For example, I mapped my G6 and G7 buttons as my volume control, which turned out to be pretty useful if not lazy :P

-Profiles: While my 3 profiles differ only in polling rates and power profiles, you can map out different button programs.

-AA Battery: To some people, this may be a step backwards especially if they have owned the MX Revolution or G7, but to me, this was a great feature. While not stated in the manual/startup guide, other reviewers, and myself, choose to make the mouse hot-swappable. I basically leave the battery door off as the plastic looks flimsy and may break due to repeated openings. With the cover off, it is easy to swap rechargeable batteries when low, thus keeping the mouse completely wire-free. Since I have a multitude of Sanyo NEW 1500 eneloop 4 Pack AA Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries and a La Crosse Technology Alpha Power Battery Charger, BC1000 or Maha Powerex Wizard One MH-C9000 Advanced Battery Charger and Analyzer - Free Deluxe Storage Case Included as a charger, I have a minimum of 4 charged batteries ready to go. I would also like to mention, as many other reviewers have pointed out, that the mouse comes with a Gen. 2 Eneloop battery, which can be charged up to 1500x. *NOTE* If you are not in North America, you may be receiving the G700 with an EniTime battery. This is also a low self-discharge battery, but it is only rated up to 1000x charge cycles.

-Dual Wired/Wireless Mode: This is also a con, but having the ability for users to charge and use the mouse at the same time is great. I have no idea on the real-world charging time, but according to Logitech, it is about 4-5 hours (I'm assuming when fully depleted). This is useful for those who don't take the same route as me and have an external charger to charge spare batteries.

-Great Build Quality: The mouse felt rugged and sturdy in the 4 months that I have owned it. One issue is the loose scroll wheel when you shake it. It'll sound loose. Also, the 4 thumb buttons feel a little cheap and may eventually break. They also don't click so you won't have an audible feedback when you press them.

-Decent Battery Life: The battery life, as with any rechargeable device, is pretty ok if not great. On 1000 Hz polling and the Max Gaming power mode, I got about 2 days of moderate use (some gaming and some productivity ie. web surfing) without ever turning the mouse off. This may or may not be suitable to some people, but it doesn't hurt to charge the mouse every night. I mean you get 1500 charge cycles to play with, which is equivalent to about 4+ years of daily charging (assuming the mouse lasts that long).

-Micro Receiver: This is also a bonus as I can leave the receiver plugged into my laptop when travelling. There is a slot within the battery compartment of the mouse, but it is easier to leave it plugged into a usb port.

Cons:
-Unreliable Battery Meter: Many people complain about the poor battery life based on how quick the green lights drop to 1 LED and then eventually to the critical battery range. According to the Logitech forums, this is due to the NIMH discharge curve being relatively flat, causing the meter to be not accurate. A user also noted that when discharged through a battery tester, the last green LED indicated about 50%+ remaining battery life. I may eventually test this when I have down time, or when bored.

-Thumb Buttons: Out of the whole mouse, these 4 buttons seems poorly made. They don't click so you may unintentionally press the button and not know.

-Thick Charge Cable: This may be the main reason I use the hot-swap method and charge the batteries through and external charger. The cable is pretty thick, which can be a hassle when you start knocking things off the desk. This was one of the reasons why I went wireless, so going back to a "wired" mouse was pretty frustrating. Also, the cable could have at least been braided so it would be more flexible, just like the usb cable for my Razer Orochi. It is also not that long as Logitech probably assumed you would be using a free USB port for power.

-Not really a con, but the lack of an external USB charger: The Performance Mouse MX contains a USB charger, so for about the same money, one might have expected the same treatment with the flagship gaming mouse. It doesn't bother me as much since I can use my usb charger that I bought for my iPod, but it would have been nice if one was included.

-Not a Unifying Receiver: Again, this isn't so much of a con as I don't have any other Logitech device that is capable of using the unifying receiver. It also makes sense that it isn't unifying as the G700 might need extra bandwidth/performance boosts by using a dedicated receiver.

Conclusion:
This mouse has been great and reliable. I will update if something goes wrong, but with my faith restored in Logitech (had owned previous mice that had a double click issue), I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this mouse for casual and pro gamers. For those concerned about battery life being too short, it is rechargeable. IMO, when a device states it's rechargeable, I already make a mental note that the battery life will be short due to the fact that it can be recharged. That way, I won't be too optimistic on a long battery life.

*Update 1 - 01/06/2012*
I would like to include the forum link where I found the battery info. (...)
I also changed the info in the unreliable battery meter from 75% to 50%+ as I have rechecked the graph that the user eldeka posted in the link provided. Since I have no numbers myself, I wanted a conservative estimate and won't be sure until I check it myself.

*Update 2 - 01/07/2012*
I checked out the meter and I can confirm it is off. I discharged the battery using the MAHA C9000 and when the mouse is at 1 green light left, there is about 1265mAh left in the battery. That's roughly more than half the battery life remaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech! make a mac program!, January 14, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 (Personal Computers)
So I love this mouse. While it is not adjustable, I find it extremely comfortable and perfect in weight. My only complaint is logitech's refusal to support OSX. Luckily the mouse is still programable and useable. You basically have two options:

1. use ControllerMate or Steermouse to program the mouse.

2. Program it with the Windows software (assuming you have VMWare or dual-boot) and save the config to one of the 3 profiles stored on the on-board memory.
As there is no "command" key with windows you have to use either "alt" or "ctrl", so, for example, copy would be "ctrl-C" rather than "command-C"
When booted into OSX go to "system preferences:Keyboard" and click on the modifier keys button.
Find the mouse "listed as both G700 and USB receiver, you need to do this to both" and tell the mouse to interpret either "ctrl or alt" keypreses as commands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Mouse, December 25, 2011
E. Delleola (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 (Personal Computers)
I've had this mouse for a year or so. Originally when I bought it I was playing WoW. It's really uncomfortable for me to reach anything past 5 on the keyboard so I wanted a mouse with a few more extra buttons on it to help map a few more spells. It worked like a charm once I got used to it. Coupled with some add-ons I found it pretty easy to customize for my WoW needs. And with the exception of the G10 button I think all the other buttons are pretty easy to hit. The G10 is a bit of stretch so I have it set to change modes which I don't hit all that often. It helped make for tighter rotations as I was able to use multiple buttons. Say hitting W to move forward and spamming a mouse button to fire off an instant spell.

I stopped playing WoW a few months later though. Starcraft 2 had just come out and my gaming focus moved to that. Again the extra buttons helped to map 6-0. You could map it even further if you want. Like the F keys to the tilts or something but I only mapped the 4 side buttons and the middle button. I tend to not map heavily used keys like for say barracks or your armies. It's not the most comfortable or efficient button to spam. Works nice for upgrade buildings and CC.

Now outside of my gaming experience the mouse has some nice features. Being able to change DPI quickly is nice for when I use Photoshop. Tilt buttons to move forward or backwards in a web browser. The one feature I had no clue would be so nice when I got this was the free wheel button. If you ever find yourself reading walls of text the free wheel scrolling is awesome. I didn't think I'd ever use it but I'd never buy a mouse without it now.

Honestly, I keep mine plugged in 85% of the time so in the year I've had it I have no clue what the battery life is. I have packed it up and brought it with me when I've traveled and the wireless USB connector fits nicely in the mouse and you'll never lose it. The mouse still looks brand new and I use it at least a few hours a day, everyday. It has a nice textured feel. It also feels pretty solid. The only con about the mouse is it's a bit heavier than other mice. It doesn't bother me but I could see it being a concern for others.

I recommend this mouse to pretty much anyone who asks me about mice.

Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700