Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Videos Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Size: ..Only Bluetooth 2.0Color: BlackChange

TOP 100 REVIEWERon October 28, 2011
Size: ..Only Bluetooth 2.0Color: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Added 11/2013: 2 years later and it is still working perfectly.

- Lightweight - substantially lighter than my other headphones and comfortable
- Microphone tucks away nicely, is easy to pull down for calls, and flexible (bends)...noise canceling
- Used it on PC with iTunes, with iPhone 4S, iPad streaming Netflix as well as Skype, and Nokia N9 for calls and music, easy to switch back and forth
- Good sound quality...not great
- Easy setup, very simple instructions / illustrations
- Great for every day use. It blocks out most but not all sound, which is perfect for me. I need to be able to hear the kids.
- Folds up for easy storage
- Easy on ear controls: volume up / down, play/pause or answer call / end call, forward / track forward, rewind / previous track
- I can go from my office in the front of the house to the kitchen in the back no problem (about 40 feet)

- Set up bluetooth for the 4S and then went to set it up for the Nokia N9...and ran into "see website" on the instructions (if you want to set up a second device). I looked it up on the website and it said to hold the advance track and volume up at the same time to enter bluetooth seek mode.
- Comes with USB cable for charging only
- Everyone's head is different...sis wears this while cleaning and it slides off her head sometimes.
- You have to be careful with the dongle, it's so small! If I remove it, I always put it in the pen jar on my desk so I don't lose it. (note that in the comments, someone else mentions that there is a handy holder on the back of the left speaker for the dongle! Thanks Jon!)

This headphone charges for 3 hours, then I can use it for about 6 hours. It's light enough that it doesn't bother me at the end of 6 hours. Also, they are small enough that I can lie down and rest my head at a slant...I can't do that with other headphones (and I hate earbuds). So overall, I'm in love with these headphones for the versatility, and combination of good sound and wireless.
2020 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon October 27, 2011
Reasonably good sound for playing music
Reasonably comfortable for long-term wear
Easy to set up
Controls are convenient for controlling volume, skipping tracks, answering phone while away from the computer or mobile phone
Can use headphones while they are charging
Tiny USB dongle for use with computer
Bluetooth supported for mobile phones etc
Wireless, but sounds like wired

Uses the less-common Micro-B USB connector for recharging headphones, unlike most of my other USB devices
The tiny USB dongle is required even when the headphones are attached via the recharging wire
Six hour battery life between charges for wireless. 8-10 hours would be better for use on a full-time job.

These headphones have the potential for changing the way I use my computer. Once the headphones are charged, I can wander up to 40 ft (12m) away from the computer, and still answer Internet (Skype etc) telephone calls, adjust the volume, and skip tracks if playing music. The sound is not as good as my first-rate Sennheiser headphones (which cost a lot more), or even my Koss "The Plug" earbuds (which cost a lot less), but it is better than I expected: good enough to enjoy music, and excellent for voice purposes. The beep you hear for reaching min/max volume is pleasant.

I always test products by NOT reading the instructions first - they should be easy enough to plug and play. I assumed that plugging the headphones in with the recharge wire was enough to use it, but it isn't: you need the USB dongle plugged in as well, but that was easy to figure out. The controls are intuitive, so I put on some music, and adjusted it from the headphones, and was able to skip tunes. Granted I am in a technical profession, but I was able to figure out everything but Bluetooth without using the instructions. Reading the instructions after I tried it out, I found there was nothing else to know than I had figured out.

After trying out music, I tried Skype, using the Echo / Sound test service. The speaker's voice was very clear and full fidelity. My own voice was loud enough and quite clear when played back to me by that service. Trying it with a person, they said it sounded very good.

Next I checked out the Bluetooth support (model h800 only). I had to consult the instructions to discover that the middle position of the on/off switch was for bluetooth (the other positions are off, and connect to computer). I also had to find the PIN was 0000, though that default is fairly standard for Bluetooth, and I would have know that if I had more Bluetooth devices.

The comfort of the headphones, like their sound, is good enough, but not excellent. Most people would be happy to wear the headphone for hours. Some will find the headband and thin foam over the earphones themselves insufficient for comfort. I have a large head compared to the average man (have trouble finding hats that fit) and the headphones seem quite comfortable to me. They are at the middle range of the two size sliders, meaning that they would fit an even larger head, as well as smaller ones. They may be a bit large for small heads, such as for younger children, but they will probably work well enough.

Six hours of battery life means that if you are working a full-time job and want to be wireless all day, you will need to take a break to recharge. It takes 3 hours for a full charge, so charging during a one hour lunch hour may or may not give you enough charge to finish your day.

Four stars: I like it. I reserve five stars for products that I don't think could be improved, and don't give five stars often. These headphones would be better if the sound and comfort was as good as the best (e.g. Sennheiser or Bose), and if the USB connector was the more common Mini-B. [UPDATE 4/9/2012: I now consider MicroB to be a PRO, as it is replacing MiniB as the new standard] They should have slightly more battery time. However, they are very good for their use, and at this price, I would not hesitate recommending them to others.
1616 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 29, 2012
I've had the Logitech H800 Wireless Headset for three days now and it has been one disappointment after another. It looks great and feels good. And when it works, it works well. But I keep having problem after problem with it and there is no end in sight.

Out of the box it was simple to pair with my Android phone (Samsung S3) and the sound quality was good. The "quick start guide" is sparse and has minimal information. The Logitech support website says the device can be paired with up to seven Bluetooth devices but, in my experience so far, I have to re-pair it with each new device. I had intended to use it with my phone and tablet but having to re-pair the thing each time I change devices is a nuisance.

I wanted most to use the H800 as a wireless headset on my laptop for a Cisco soft phone and Skype. The first time I plugged in the USB nano dongle (and re-paired) it came up and worked well. But minutes later the USB device randomly disconnected. Nothing in the headphones - they just stop working - but I hear the sound Windows 7 makes when you unplug a USB device. Sometimes unplugging and replugging the USB nano will reset everything but, more often than not, I have to run the Logitech re-pairing utility (which I stumbled across on a post on their user community) and I frequently have to reboot the PC. Sometimes more than once. One moment it will be working and the next it quits. If I'm lucky I see a "USB device not recognized" error but usually the thing just stops working and I notice when sounds start coming from the laptop speakers rather than the headset.

There's no telling when the USB connection on my H800 will disappear. It's a nuisance when I'm listening to music but it happens when I'm on the phone with colleagues or customers. "Support" from Logitech is pitiful. The "troubleshooting" section of the quick start guide refers you to a section that doesn't exist ("For more information see, Test the Headset") or suggests that you "try another computer." If you have the patience you might find an answer in their online user community but how pathetic is it to pay this much and then have to depend on other customers for support?

The headset is comfortable and on the few occasions I've been able to complete a call people have told me that it sounded good. It might work better with Bluetooth only but the main reason I purchased it was to use as a headset on my laptop soft phone that performance with the supplied Logitech USB dongle has been unreliable.

This one is going back and I'm going to look for another brand. I wish I could say this experience was not typical of what I experience with Logitech products but, sadly, that is not the case.
VINE VOICEon November 19, 2011
These things are great.

Set up was nice and simple. You have to charge the head set and it comes with a USB connector for this purpose. Plug it in, wait until the light is green, and you're good to go. I plugged in the little USB stub (side-note, supposedly Logitech shares signal on these usb connections so you only need one for mouse, keyboard, headphone, etc., I have never made that work yet, still trying) and the after powering on the headphones the connection was made in about 2-3 seconds. That's all I had to do. I tried it on two different machines and I've swapped from machine to machine with the power on. No issues.

We're talking wireless, so the first thing I did was walk around the house while I recorded my voice. If moved down a floor and away from the stairs, I lost signal. I also lost signal when I went outside and closed the door. But within 50 feet, it was like I was sitting next to the computer or even just plugged in instead of wireless. Excellent signal. I also never noticed any weird static or signal loss while operating with the headphones the way I did with a previous set of wireless headphones I had.

Sound quality is excellent. So good in fact, I've started using these to listen to music instead of my noise cancelling ear buds when I'm sitting at my computer (if my zune supported bluetooth I'd use them on the road too). I've used them to present a couple of times now and the sound quality from the microphone has been solid. I've heard the recordings and nothing dropped out. The mic has been as good as my tried & true Plantronics wired headset (which I'm keeping, just in case).

Not that I would use these while out & about, but I went ahead and paired them to my Android phone. It was as easy as connecting the headset to the computer. It worked just as well as with the computers.

The headset itself has a few controls for adjusting volume, advancing tracks and answering/hanging up the phone. I haven't tried the last option, but the others worked wonderfully. I've adjusted volume with all the computers and devices I've connected it to. I've used it to cycle through the songs I was listening to.

Overall, this is a great device. It does exactly what it's supposed to do and it does it in a very simple, straight forward way. The ergonomics are nice. It works well. I'm very pleased to have this headset available for both work and leisure.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I tested the h800's on a newer Mac with a 2 Ghz Intel Core i7 and 8 Gigs of RAM. I was running Lion.

What I found is that the sound quality is good, but the headphones themselves are a little uncomfortable. By which I mean that they are a little hot to wear and tight. Then again I have a 'big head' -- lol. Hats are nearly impossible to find off-the-rack.

TO GET THE HEADPHONES to work on the Mac you have to go into System settings and turn on Bluetooth if you haven't already done this for another device. At that point it will work for some audio from videos and such that reside on your Mac, but not for streaming video or music. To get that to work you have to plug in the neat little dongle.

TO GET THE HEADPHONES to work on a Windows laptop -- I tested on my daughter's HP Mini-110 -- you just need to plug in the dongle and put on the phones. Windows 7 recognized what was needed and there was no need to fiddle with software.

I might have fallen in love with these headphones except my ears didn't find them all that comfortable. The foam didn't allow for heat dissipation and didn't protect my delicate ears either. Other than that they worked for my purposes. There was okay base response and channel separation. At volumes louder than I would ever listen to music at, I should note that there was distortion -- tested on Marilyn Mason, Patti Smith, The Hollies, and 'La Dona e mobile' to confirm it wasn't a recording fluke.

One last note: I really liked the volume controls which are built into the headset, as well as mute and pause/play options.

Pam T~
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 24, 2011
I work on a project with partners between California, Australia and Europe. We have 4 to 6 hour long Skype sessions and conference calls. I LOVE this product, because:

- ease of use with Logitech harmony is flawless
- freedom to roam around. It goes beyond 12 feet, and around corners, great for grabbing something in your kitchen while computer in other room. When you do loose the connection it reconnects instantly.
- Bluetooth option allows for use with phone, thanks to hardware switching, the switch from computer to phone is absolutely painless
- 6 hour+ talk time is true, it really delivers.
- it is light to wear
- doesn't make your ears all warm
- doesnt give you that 'inner voice' feeling, thanks to open air design
- great for speech. Decent for music, not great.

If you're sky ping or calling long and a lot, this is your product. If you're thinking about mostly listening music, move on.
on October 24, 2014
One purchased from Amazon, one replaced by Logitech, both failed within one year and Logitech fails its obligations.

This is the sad story of a company that once had fine customer service. It is not that way any longer, at least for me. I purchased the H800 headphones from Amazon in September, 2013. Within 4 months the headset would not charge. The charger head would go into the base of the headset but the light would not come on and the headset was dead. I spoke to Logitech and they somewhat reluctantly agreed to have me send them in for inspection. Since the headset was under warranty, it seemed to me that they would want to see what the problem was. 2 weeks after they received the headset they sent me an email. "Congratulations, your headset is eligible for warranty replacement." I didn't enter a sweepstakes so I was put off by the email. It took another 5 weeks and 11 emails from Logitech to advise me of the headphones arrival at the warehouse, of being logged in, of being reviewed by quality control, etc. on and on until finally the 11th email announced my case had been sent to shipping and I would be notified when the replacements had been mailed!
I did finally receive the headset. Like the first pair, they are more than adequate for what I need. I had difficulty adjusting the microphone so I could be heard adequately, but I am not an audiophile and for listening to music at the computer they were fine.
When they worked.

Unfortunately for me the second pair gave out within 6 months of receiving them.The same problem. The charger is not connecting and not charging the headset. I certainly wanted to know if I was causing this since I am careful with devices and equipment that looks a bit fragile, as these headphones do to me. I called Logitech and was advised that they had shifted to a new computer platform and therefore had no information on either the first pair or the replacement set. The agent told me I would need to provide the receipt for the original set and I would have to send them in and they would need to be inspected before a replacement set could be sent.
Firstly, I wasn't certain I wanted another set if Logitech couldn't answer my questions about the cause of the problem. Secondly, I needed the headsets for a work project and offered to purchase another pair until they received my broken ones back and then they could credit my account. No, he said. That was not possible. They needed to be "certain you didn't cause the problem." (all along Logitech had told me I had not caused the problem and indeed, I have read numerous reviews from others citing the same problem). I told him I needed the headphones and if it turned out I had been the one who broke the replacement set then so be it, I would have already have paid for another set.
Unbelievably, he told me, no. I had to go through the entire return process before any type of transaction could be made. I told him I could just as easily buy them on Amazon for less than Logitech was charging but it didn't make sense.
He then advised me that I probably would have trouble logging into my account or receiving emails since the new platform was causing such issues.

And at that point the light went on. Logitech is backing out of its obligations by erecting impossible hurdles, suggesting customer malfeasance and blaming a new computer platform for my inability to access my account. I received the agent's email which, laughably, told me I could check the status of my case by logging into my account---the account he had already advised me I could not access. I wrote back providing the year old receipt and telling Logitech I was not trying to score a pair of free headphones. I went on to say I would send back the headphones so that it could be verified that I did not break them. But, I added, I did not want a replacement. Not under those conditions and stipulations and implications.
I requested he acknowledge my letter. I told him he didn't need to agree with me nor defend Logitech's position, I just wanted to know the label was on its way.
That was earlier this week. In an amazingly brazen show of contempt, Logitech has not responded to that letter or a follow up letter requesting a reply.
Did I mention that I had called in originally because a pair of Logitech speakers I had just purchased from their online store had arrived and made a loud whistling sound when I first plugged them in? I called Logitech to find out how to fix the sound and was advised I would need to return them....that's right, brand new from Logitech and I was going to have to wait 6 more weeks at least to get them replaced. I never did send it the speakers. It seems that this delayed-turn around on new items is just another hurdle to discourage buyers from returning items. Did I mention I live in California, not American Samoa and Logitech ships out of California? Six weeks?
I only mention the speakers because it seems to me that if the Logitech product(s) you have work, then you might never know about this side of a once reputable company. But if even the slightest problem arises that causes you to have interactions with Customer Service, then I'm afraid this story will ring horribly true sooner or later.

I have read other reviewers who warn us away from Logitech products. I have always taken those reviews with a grain of salt since I had not experienced the same poor treatment or the consistently malfunctioning products. Now I have. And I realize even while writing this cautionary message that many of you will read part of it and move on to something more positive. Check out my other reviews. I like reviewing things I find that I like on Amazon and being a fairly positive person, I always try to find something to like in what I get on Amazon. Except when I can't find anything. Such as in this case. Good luck to you.
VINE VOICEon November 16, 2011
Logitech H800 headset. Excellent sound, minor quirks

Initial impression: The number one job of headphones is to sound good, and the h800 sound really really good, almost excellent in fact, despite somewhat modest 30-15kHz specifications. An initial charge with the supplied USB to micro USB cord (but no charger) required a computer as there is no supplied AC charger. This is not that big of a deal, as now I also have two other chargers, and Iphone and an HP that will accept the supplied cord, and also more and more devices use the micro USB (very skinny and about ¼" wide) style plug. Using Bluetooth, the headphones paired up instantly with my Touch (2nd gen) , but then I had trouble pairing with a Iphone 4. This was operator error, as only the initial device will pair up seamlessly. Additional devices require holding the volume up button , and the skip track slider at the same time until the power light flashes rapidly. This is not intuitive, and just as I was about to give the headphone bonus points for using a slide switch to turn on and set the Bluetooth mode, vs some combination of switches, I find this complication. This is still better than my Altec Backbeat headset where turning it on and off requires remembering the light flash pattern and a changing tone. I wish all devices would have a dedicated power and a dedicated pairing switch. Guess with very small devices you have to cram as many functions to as few as possible hardware switches.

Ergonomics: The computer dongle fits nicely into a panel behind one of the earpiece covers, which also hides a real replaceable battery. When the dongle was inserted into a Windows 7 computer, the machine configured itself instantly and all the sound was routed thru headphones immediately. The track skip button worked in Itunes, it also worked with the Iphone 4, but NOT with the Touch (running 3.1 OS).
The advertised range of 30 ft is quite accurate, even with a wall or two in between the source and the headphones. Some of my other wireless headphones (Altec and Plantronics) come with an audio headphone plug adapter which allows you to use them with non Bluetooth devices such as a TV, a receiver, or say a Zune. The H800 do not have such a device. The microphone works well with the phone (slight echo in my testing) and computer software that can utilize it. The wand for the microphone is moldable as well to adjust it to your head.

Sound: The sound is really full with tight and ample bass, and clear highs. The 15kHz high frequency rolloff corresponds very well with the 15kHz upper range cut experienced with the predominant 128 kbit/s MP3 sample frequency, so it is not really a limitation for common sources. If anything, I found the mid range somewhat low in amplitude, clear, but too quiet. Also I found myself turning up the volume (on right earpad) to the maximum, as indicated by a bleep sound, quite often.
In summary the H800 sound really well, very competitive with wired devices, and have only minor midrange deficiencies. Sound is best described as solid. Comfortable to wear and moderately easy to set up.
on February 9, 2012
I work from home and I needed to get a headset as my company transitioned from hardphones to softphones. This was one of the ones I was really looking at, and I wanted a wireless as I hated being tied down to the desk.

As always, Amazon and UPS did great with shipping, as I got it when promised.

The box is clean, opens easily after tearing through the tape holding the top on. The plastic carrier makes a good storage for the headset after it is opened because it is molded and actually locks at the top. It also holds the Nano Reciever nicely. The instructions and USB Charging cable are under the bottom of the box. The USB Cable is wrapped with the instructions.

Setup is extemely easy.
The Nano Reciever can plug into Any USB Port.

Windows Vista PC: Took it with no problems. I plugged in the nano reciever and it installed driver automatically. I was concerned about the mic, because Vista barely showed any pickup even at full volume. I started Skype and called their test service. When I heard it play back to me, I was extremely impressed. The sound level on Vista may not show its picking up, but wow...does it ever!

Apple iPhone 4S: My iPhone picked up the headset without issue after I turned on the bluetooth. The sound quality of music and such is great, and the calls are nice and clear. Talking to Siri is easier because she can understand you better. I can turn the Bluetooth off and on, and all I need to do is tap the Logitech h800 and it instantly connects. The controls on the headset control the player with ease.

Apple MacBook Pro: Took me a while to figure out why the Bluetooth wouldnt pair on my Macbook. Turns out, you have to press and hold the track rocker to Forward (wearing it on your head means you slide it up) and press Volume Up. (Forward+Vol Up). It takes about 3 to 5 seconds but it will be in pair mode (verifiable by the flashing light on the back). *This info is not in the instructions!* My MacBook picked it up instantly. Same as the iPhone, it works great with all sounds on the PC, even iTunes. The controls on the headset control the player with ease.

- The volume control on this headset seems to be independent, so you can control the sound coming out of the headset, as well as independently controlling the volume on the PC/Mac/Phone.
- You can use the headset while charging, and it can be plugged in and unplugged seamlessly.
- Sound Quality for calls is excellent.
- USB Charging Cable is thin and easy to work with.
- Headset is very light and easy on your head. Pads are fluffy and it even has a nice padded headband.
- Buttons on the side are easy to figure out. (Vol Up/Down, Play/Call, Mute. Slider controls Track Prev/Next. Power Switch is OFF/Bluetooth/Nano Reciever.) Play/Call does NOT activate Siri on iPhone 4S.
- The left side of the headset has a door that can come off by twisting it, and under it is a slot that you can store the Nano Reciever in.
- Mic boom is easy to manuever.
- Headset folds in half for easy storage.
- Switch instantly from a paired Bluetooth device to the Nano Reciever. Only issue is, it takes about 3 to 5 seconds for the headset to fully switch, so there is a bit of lag.
- I currently have this connected with the Nano Receiver to my Vista PC, and Bluetooth to my MacBook and iPhone. I can switch easily between devices thru the devices themselves. Keep in mind that you CANNOT use two Bluetooth devices at a time.

I recommend this headset, as it works great with any device.
on November 12, 2011
even works while charging with usb cord & usb receiver plugged into computer!

this works with the receiver and when the charge in the headset runs out (and there are audible beeps when charge runs low), I can plug in charger and continue listening.

also like that it doesn't have parts that stick out and catch on things, so when I fold up headset and put it in my purse, I don't worry it will break.

very comfortable & lightweight so I forget it's on my head, sometimes.