1,438 Reviews
 (1,059)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Keyboard
I used to have the Dinovo Laptop Wireless keyboard but it gave up the ghost when several keys just stopped functioning all of a sudden--way too soon!

This keyboard is an improvement over the Dinovo Wireless Laptop KB in that the space bar now registers clicks from the **side**--which the Dinovo wouldn't register.

In addition the K800 lets you into...
Published on September 29, 2010 by David

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality and bad warranty policy
This keyboard at first seems very attractive since it has many practical features. It is cordless with rechargeable bats and it is illuminated. I have been using it for 4 months with no problem but suddenly I got some sticky keys. I keep the keyboard very clean and protected from dust. I contacted "Customer Service" at Logitech. First they asked me the usual questions and...
Published 20 months ago by Claude

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Keyboard, September 29, 2010
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 (Personal Computers)

In addition the K800 lets you into the Bios/Setup of your desktop--a first for me with wireless KB. GREAT!

In terms of battery life, it has generic 2 AA NIMH 2000mah Made in China ("Designed in Japan") "low discharge" rechargeable batteries. The compartment in the back has a screw and you're allowed to put your own batteries back there if you want. Among battery brands, I'm partial to the fantastic "new and improved" Sanyo Eneloop rechargeables for their **great** low discharge (retains 75% discharge after 3 years). You can also put AA Duracells if it suits your mood instead of rechargeables. Two alkalines should last a long time (as long as you don't overuse the backlight, of course) as Logitech wireless KBs historically do really great with batteries. The great thing is that this KB allows you to put whatever battery that suits you! The KB also has a battery dial to always let you know how much battery you have left.

The recharging can be done via the yard-long USB cable which you can plug into the computer, or for faster charging, I plug it into the USB power adapter from one of my devices (Android smartphone, Kindle, etc) and continue using it wirelessly.

In terms of KB lighting, the system allows you to adjust the light level at 25% intervals or inhibit the light altogether until when you really need it. I rarely game or use the KB in the dark but it's nice to have this option for the odd time I need the KB lit. Of course, using the light will eat up battery life, but the software allows you to customize how long it should stay on (i.e. 10 sec, 1 minute, etc).....Very customizable.

The KB feel is latopish, but not as silent as my Macbook pro. The spacebar clacks a bit more than the other keys but not annoyingly so and really no different than most KBs out there (unfortunate, IMHO). This is more a pet peeve of mine than an actual real problem, BTW.

The wireless connection is great. All keystrokes are registered, unlike my Dinovo that was MUCH MORE hit and miss.

The build quality is solid and the keys feel that they will last from popping out. Hopefully, certain keys won't electronically die on me within the year, as they did with my Dinovo (Logitech Customer Service took care of me though!)

The keyboard should do fine gaming wired...or even wireless as the reception is very solid. Reception can be made even more robust by attaching the *SECOND* included yard-long USB cable (with a female end this time, to tie-in the detachable micro-receptor) which allows you to extend this tiny receptor module all the way to your desk, and if you wish, you can attach it more securely with some velcro stickies that you can buy at Home Depot, etc.

I have no problems recommending this KB as it gives you options of wired or wireless with great battery life that can be improved with better Eneloop batteries or alkalines, and a bright light function (sensitive to your hand gesture) that can be toyed with to suit your needs. The FLEXIBILITY of this KB is why you're paying the premium, though I do think it's overpriced a bit (and thus why I knocked a star off from a perfect 5)!...

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior in every regard., November 22, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This keyboard is a 'step up' from my former wireless keyboard -- also a Logitech: Logitech Cordless Desktop S510. While my old keyboard was nice, the K800 offered a number of significant improvements, including an illuminated keyboard and a built-in rechargeable battery. It's also compatible with the Logitech Unifying Receiver, which operates on the 2.4GHz frequency for great range and performance. Bottom line -- I LOVE THIS KEYBOARD. For more details, see below:

>>SETUP<< -- Getting this keyboard up and running was a snap. I just took it out of the box, inserted the Unifying Receiver, a teeny-tiny little USB device, into my desktop, and turned the keyboard on. The entire operation, from bringing the box inside my house to actively using the keyboard, took around a minute. This keyboard is truly plug-and-play.

>>APPEARANCE<< -- This keyboard is sleek and stylish. The all-black coloring and use of both matte- and glossy-black finish is a tasteful design choice. This keyboard, like my old one, has a slim profile... very modern and 'clean' looking. The backlit keys are amazing! This is definitely a feature I will enjoy. It's nice to be able to see the keys at night without having to have the lights on; not only does it cut down on electricity, but it lets you do work at night without having to keep the house lit up while others are trying to sleep. Plus, if you're into gaming, it lets you get 'in the zone' with the monitor as the sole light source (besides the keyboard).

>>PERFORMANCE / FUNCTIONALITY<< -- Again, this keyboard is a step up from my old one in every way. The illuminated keys (which have 4 brightness settings plus an 'always off' setting) are very nice. The programmable function keys are a bonus, but I don't typically use those. The keyboard layout is pretty much the standard, and should be intuitive for those with even a basic level of computer experience. The key spacing and proportions are good; I have large hands, my girlfriend has small hands, and we both love the keyboard. Keystrokes are smooth and QUIET, making even less sound that my old keyboard, which was already pretty quiet. The feel is that of a very nice, solid laptop keyboard... only a bit larger, and without the Laptop.

>>WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY<< -- The 2.4GHz receiver with Logitech 'Unifying' technology is awesome. Truly plug-and-play. As an added bonus, the range is FAR superior to that of my old keyboard. I can sit at the table in my dining room, eating a meal or playing cards or another game with my friends, and use my keyboard to shuffle through a playlist on the computer in my office 30 feet away, behind a wall. The extended range of the 2.4GHz unifying receiver is something users of this keyboard will definitely enjoy.

>>RECHARGING<< -- The recharging feature is great; no more worries about popping out batteries. I use SANYO eneloop 4 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries for my devices, and a pair of AAAs in my old keyboard would last a couple months. Not bad, but it's even nicer to NEVER have to worry about batteries. The 10-day life is fine for me; recharging is as simple as plugging in a micro-USB cable to the back of the keyboard. You can do this while using the keyboard, or leave it charging overnight. Having the keyboard plugged in every week or so for a few hours, to me, is well worth the tradeoff of its light weight, illuminated keys, and excellent wireless range. NOTE that while the keyboard package includes a USB charging cord, you can use any old micro-usb charger plugged into a wall socket / power strip just as easily. Personally, I have two micro-usb charging cords plugged into my office power strip, and have them threaded through the little hole at the base of my monitor stand. I use these to charge wireless headphones, my cell phone, the K800 keyboard, bluetooth headset, etc. Very convenient, very cheap. You can find them for around a dollar on any web retail site, Amazon included.

>>SUMMARY<< -- what's left to say? I really, really like this keyboard. At around eighty bucks, it's a considerable pricetag for something as 'basic' as a keyboard, but take it from me: you will like this keyboard. The feel and layout are comfortable and sleek. The performance is great. The design / appearance is clean and modern. The recharging and illumination are key features you never knew you needed or wanted until you sit down and type with this keyboard. Bottom line: I enthusiastically recommend this keyboard to any and all users who may even occasionally wish to make use of the functionality of a wireless keyboard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Performer, Just Watch Your Finger Placement., November 16, 2010
What's in the box?
This wireless Logitech Keyboard (the K800) comes with:
- A disk of drivers/software and instructions
- A black, backlit full-sized keyboard
- A USB receiver (that you plug into your computer - it is NOT BlueTooth)
- A USB extension (for the receiver, should you need it), and
- A cable that allows you to recharge the keyboard's battery via USB

My thoughts:

Ok, the cable that allows for USB recharging of the keyboard... BRILLIANT. Out of I-don't-know-how-many wireless keyboards I've owned, this is the first one that allows quick and simple recharging. (It recharges quickly, too) By far, this is the best quality of the keyboard besides it being wireless.

The backlight function is ok. In pure darkness, it's great. But sitting in front of a monitor, the light off the monitor easily overpowers it unless you have the backlight cranked to the max. So, it's functional, but no big deal there. If you remove your hands from the wrist rest, it dims after no input REALLY quickly. Luckily, it lights back up the moment the rest senses your hand.

The keys themselves are very quiet. They're as quiet as laptop keys. In terms of action and pressure needed, they're a step up from laptop keyboards, but still nowhere near the action of a regular keyboard. My gripe is with the spacing of the keys. Each key is the size of a laptop key (even a tad smaller) which isn't too bad. No, the trouble is that there is a one-millimeter gap between the keys. I've had to correct typos 6 times so far in this review that are due to one finger glancing off of a second key. (My major gripe)

Battery life is robust. In the four weeks I've had it, I've only recharged it once. But; I do use the onboard power switch. When I step away from my desk, I flip the switch on the keyboard. So, my cognizance of power savings might be a larger contributing factor.

I've used the keyboard on both Windows and Mac OS machines and have no complaints of its performance on either operating system. The volume keys works perfectly on Macs.

So, it's a solid keyboard with the right bells and whistles to make me happy. But, if you have large or pudgy fingers, it might frustrate you a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars May as well be a wired keyboard, but great keyboard nonetheless, November 15, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This keyboard looks great, and I love the feel of the keys compared to most other keyboards. They are almost flat and require less effort and movement to press each key.

The manually adjustable brightness on the keys is a nice touch, as well as the built-in proximity sensor that only lights the keyboard if you are near it. At first, I couldn't figure out how the automatic brightness was working. It didn't seem to be working at all. But after reading the "getting started" guide, I realized that after you make a manual adjustment to the brightness that the automatic brightness feature will turn back on after 3 hours of inactivity or when you turn the keyboard off and then on again.

I use my computer about 8-9 hours per day, and the battery is lasting about 4 days until I need to plug it back in to recharge. My biggest problem is that I forget to turn it off using the keyboard's power switch to help conserve the battery. I think I am going to just drop the wire behind the desk and keep it plugged in most of the time. It is nice that the keyboard itself has the LED battery charge meter on it so you don't have to keep opening the SetPoint software to see what the approximate level is.

In the past, I've been able to use existing Logitech receivers any time I replaced my keyboard or mouse (if I didn't purchase both together). But the new Unifying receiver is only compatible with other Unifying products. So currently, since I don't yet have a Unifying mouse, I have two different receivers. Not a big deal, but I thought it was worth mentioning. You may want to pick up a compatible Unifying mouse with this keyboard if your USB ports are limited.

This keyboard is staying on my desk. Small issues aside, I can't help but give this one 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Soft, Really Nice, But Worth $100?, November 6, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a freelance writer, which means that all day, every day, finds me in front of my laptop. If you didn't know, laptop keyboards aren't really that great for fingers, and I've been dealing with recurring pain in my left hand (which my doctor assures me isn't tendonitis) for over a year, requiring me to wear an uncomfortable brace ten minutes or so after I start typing. I was extremely hopeful that this keyboard would help me to avoid having to wear the brace, which is why I ordered it.

THE PROS:

Right out of the box this baby is ready to go. Simply plug in the micro USB device into your USB port and give the computer a few minutes as it finds the device and installs it. Then, with the keyboard turned on, you're ready to go. So ease of installation? Definitely a plus.

Then there is the lighted keyboard. I actually didn't think that it would make me anywhere near as happy as it has, because I'm used to working in a darkened area and type without looking at the keyboard. But it was very nice to be able to swipe my hand gently over the keys to have everything light up. It helped me to put my fingers in the right place the first time, and was perfect when I needed to use some characters that I don't type very often.

And the keys are very quiet, and very soft, which is definitely a plus.

THE CONS:

I was not able to give up my wrist support. I may need to purchase an ergonomic keyboard, or it may be a situation that I have no answer to, but the larger keyboard didn't fix the problem that I was hoping that it would fix.

I have a Logitech wireless mouse, which, according to the manufacturer, means that I should be able to have the mouse connect using the micro USB attachment, so that I only have to use one USB slot, but even after downloading the proper software from the company I wasn't able to get the mouse to work. This may be because it is three years old, and a newer Logitech mouse might actually work wirelessly.

After typing six articles I started to hear a squeaking sound with the space bar. It happened for about twenty minutes and then went away. I'm hopeful that the noise will stay gone but the fact that it was there within only a few hours of use makes me suspicious.

All in all this is definitely a great wireless keyboard, and I'll be using it whenever I've got a lot of writing to do at one time, but is it really worth the price? Honestly, I don't think so.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT for home Theater!, December 28, 2010
E. Tracy (Hillsboro, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
I am one of those rare users with a 1080p projector hooked up to a high end gaming PC that also does Blu Ray movies and TV-DVR. I needed a wireless keyboard with VERY good range, backlit keys, no lag on keystroke, works in BIOS Setup, good battery life and does not drop (needing re-connection). I can VERY happily say that this is the ONLY keyboard I have found that does every one of those items very well! I have personally tested around 15 different wireless keyboard trying to find what this one does.

When I'm doing 3D Gaming on my projector every one of those features except working in BIOS is a must. Bluetooth keyboards drop off constantly, and have lag. Some don't even have good range. Infrared does not have any range. Most other wireless radio frequency keyboards are not backlit. Problems, problems problems. This one is the real deal. I would have paid up to $300 for this keyboard in my setup, but luckily, I didn't have to.

In case you are wondering, the killer mouse I use for my setup is the Mamba Razor. Perfect in every way except 2-issues. When the mouse is turned off, and docked to the recharge port, movement wakes the PC. The other issue with the Mamba Razor is I have noticed it having intermittent lagging after a few hours of gaming. Not yet sure why.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality -- not completely functional on Mac, April 12, 2011
High-quality piece of gear. Typical Logitech quality. Keys light-up nicely and have a medium-soft click.

I replaced my Sony Bluetooth keyboard with this one, as the Sony takes way too long to re-negotiate a connection after it sleeps. The Logitech seems like it's always connected -- no lag whatsoever.

I like chiclet-style keys, but this one has rounded keys with no gaps between them. Aesthetically, this one does not look as good as a chiclet-style (in my eyes).

There is one caveat for Mac users: the Logitech SetPoint software is NOT Mac compatible at this time. There is no Mac version of this. SetPoint allows the user to customize the Function keys, essentially allowing re-mapping of these special keys. Mac users are out of luck for now (at least, to my knowledge). Still, the regular functionality of the keyboard is there and I've had no problems with it.

There is no other option around which allows backlit keys, wirelessly. Even though this is the case, Logitech did not pass a half-baked unit -- this one feels solid and functions well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice keyboard - wish it were priced lower, October 5, 2010
I was waiting eagerly for this keyboard (was using the MX5500 before this) - just because this keyboard had the soft-click (or whatever they called it) keys. (I didn't even wait for this to show up on amazon - ordered it the day it was released from manufacturer's website)

I've used the Logitech Illuminated KB (wired) and it works just as awesome as well. I just wanted to get a wireless one this time.
The battery - WOW! I was plesantly surprised. I got this exactly a month ago - used it 9 hours every business day (I turn off the backlight as soon as I turn the PC on - so I'm sure that contributes to the battery life), but my battery indicator is still indicating full charge.

My only complaint is that the price of $100 is a little too much for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely The Best Keyboard I have Ever Used !, November 2, 2010
Words can't explain how satisfied I am with this Keyboard as well as Logitech ! I have purchased Logitech products for years . It started with a Wireless controler for the original XBOX . I tried two other brands of controlers and wound up dissapointed . I discovered Logitech had a wirless controler , but was a little reluctant to try one due to it being alittle more expensive than the previous two other brands i had been dissapointed with ! Wow ! From the feel of it in my hand , to the Battery life and responsiveness I was 100% satisfied and ammazed ! I could stand in the drive way , leaning against my car , with all doors and windows closed in the house and fully control the XBOX !! This was well beyond my expectations ! In fact I bought three more and used nothing else from then on.

And now the Logitech K800 Keyboard ! Once again Wow !! I have been in search of a good Wirless KB and mouse for over 2 years . I also wanted it to be Illuminated , and all Keys illuminated not just the F or function keys and or Num. pad. All Keys . None that I could find were available and so I have messed around with 2 different KB and Mouse combos as well as mixed KB and mice combinations . They all had idiosyncrasies that erked me. From to short of wireless connectivety distance , to funky feeling key actions , to poor battery life as well as the AA plauge ! The Search is over !! The Logitech K800 Keyboard does it all and More !!
From the moment I first had it in hand I could Feel and See the Quality . All keys are Laser etched and will never faid or wear off . They Illuminate perfectly no matter which of the 4 setting of brightness you chose to use or put on Automatic and let the KB's Ambient Room Light Sensor adjust it according to the brightness of the room currently useing it in. And yes It works ! The Motion Senseing is Ausome and Illuminates the keys by the time my hand or hands is within 3 inches of the Keys ! The Wireless is Phenomenal ! I can Litterally be 31 Feet from reciever and faceing 90 degrees opposite of it and type as though it is wired ! Im sure it works at even farther distance but at 31 Feet I am standing at and faceing my closed kitchen door and dont see the need to go any farther ! The Rechargeable Battery Life is more than acceptable for me . I am getting full charges in 1.5 Hrs. and with an average of 6-8 hours/day use the charge is lasting 7 days pluss. I say Pluss cause it actually took 3.5 hours for the verry first Full charge and 12 days of use to fully discharge ! Since then it has only taken 1.5 Hrs to fully charge and I have been recharging once a week with it still showing one light on the charge indicator when I plug it in to USB to charge it. USB cable included. I was thinking $100 was to much for a KB even if It had everything I required and more. I was wrong !! The Logitech K800 is worth every penny and then some !! LOGITECH ! I Litterly layed this K800 KB down next to an IO gear wireless KB and a Wired HP Persario KB. Had a friend who rarely uses a PC just press a few Keys on each . He was floored at the difference in the Quality feel of each . The IO being the Least with the HP being Better and the LOGITECH K800 Being the Absolute Fingers on Hands Down Best !! I'd say if someone who doesn't even hardly use a KB can feel the Quality of this KB, Then someone like You who does will for sure Love This KB.
Furthermore if there is a wireless device I need and LOGITECH produces it , You can Bet It will be the LOGITECH one I get !!
LOGITECH Forever !! You wont Be Dissapointed !!!
Thank You LOGITECH !

Marlin Creasy , IL. USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Good wireless keyboard for Mac but not quite as nice as the wired version, March 8, 2011
I had been using the wired version of this keyboard, Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard with Backlighting. I love that keyboard but when I saw this one that seemed about the same but wireless, I had to have it as I hate all the wires running around and under my desk.

Overall, I think this keyboard is very nice. But, I find it is not quite as nice as the wired one. Part of this is because I am using this on a Mac. I know Mac's aren't "officially" supported by Logitech, but that simply means they don't have Mac software for this keyboard. The keyboard still works perfectly fine. You just can't customize the keys with their software. However, I use Key Ace, which allows me to define custom actions for any keyboard key. So, I can make the function keys on this keyboard do what I want and I tried to assign them functions that make sense with the icon displayed on them. I didn't realize this keyboard's function keys had different icons than the wired one and I prefer the icons on the wired one as they seem to fit better with a Mac. And, on this keyboard, they put a special extra key for the calculator button but this key doesn't register as a normal keyboard key and thus the software cannot detect it. So, that calculator key is useless to me whereas on the wired keyboard, the calculator icon was on one of the standard function keys.

The keyboard feels good but I find it just a little too "mushy". I'd prefer if the keys were a bit more responsive and "clicky".

I like that the keyboard came with Sanyo Eneloop rechargable batteries. I'm a programmer and use the keyboard pretty much all day. The batteries seem to last me just over a week before they need a recharge. I then have to connect a USB charger to charge the batteries while in the keyboard. I'd prefer to be able to simply swap out the batteries with another set of Eneloops and charge them outside the keyboard. But, they don't make this practical as the battery cover is held in place with a tiny screw and it is just too bothersome to have to take it apart just to recharge the batteries. I really wish they had used a snap in place type cover to make battery swaps simple.

The keyboard backlighting is nice but again, I prefer to have the backlight be constantly on as I did with the wired one. I know that would be a battery killer and I understand why they didn't do that. But, I guess I'd still like to have that option. At least, allow me to have it constantly on at times, like when I'm gaming at night. The light simply turns off too fast at times and I then have a hard time finding the key I need in the heat of battle. Or, even if I could set a longer delay before the backlight turns off would be better. Perhaps that is available in the Windows software for it, not sure.

Overall, the design is more rounded than the wired one and I think the wired one looks more "modern", which I prefer.

So, in short, it's a good wireless keyboard and certainly the best backlit wireless keyboard I've seen. Yes, I prefer the design and functionality of the wired one a bit more, but so far, I haven't gone back to it as I love being wireless.

ARRAY(0xa762c5c4)