2,012 Reviews
 (1,480)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Keyboard
I used to have the Dinovo Laptop Wireless keyboard but it gave up the ghost when several keys just stopped functioning all of a sudden--way too soon!

This keyboard is an improvement over the Dinovo Wireless Laptop KB in that the space bar now registers clicks from the **side**--which the Dinovo wouldn't register.

In addition the K800 lets you into...
Published on September 29, 2010 by David

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
I hate wires. Absolutely hate them. I'm OCD and the wires on my desk drive me nuts. Solution? Logitech Unifying receiver. Pretty innovative if ya ask me. Anyway, back to the keyboard. I've had this for about 6 months now and while it's a great keyboard, there are a few things that drive me nuts.

Like:
- Soft, quiet keys that make it easy to type quickly...
Published on November 19, 2012 by chop

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for real work, April 15, 2011
Joanne Pandis (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 (Personal Computers)
It is VERY difficult to type quickly and for long passages with this keyboard. The rounded keys make it easier to miss a key. Also, the pressure required to press each key, greatly slows my typing down and is much more fatiguing. It almost feels like you have to double press the key, which may be a factor of having to press harder than other keyboards. The combination of these characteristics, greatly increases my mistakes. In addition, the sound of the keys is 'thunk-y', not quiet at all.
At work I can type many paragraphs before my hands become tired. With this keyboard, I only type a few sentences before I need to shake my hands out. This keyboard is ok for surfing, but not for real work.
Aesthetically, it lacks the very clean lines which I prefer - probably because of the rounded keys.
-must shake out hands now, for the 3rd time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, July 5, 2012
i received this product over a week before it set to arrive. the packaging was good, except USPS had dinged up the box quite a bit, but the product box on the inside was perfectly fine. the product works as described and flawless. it complements my wireless Logitech mouse very well and i only have to use one USB port to operate both of them. i did have to download the Logitech set point software in order to get both working. i could use the mouse with the dongle that came with the mouse but i couldn't use the keyboard and i couldn't use the mouse or the keyboard by using the dongle that came with the keyboard. once i got the set point software installed, i used it and it pared with the keyboard almost instantly. i also adjusted the function keys using the set point software so it opens the programs i use for specific things.

i am still getting used to the keyboard because my old laptop had a keyboard that wasn't full sized so this is a little bit bigger than my old one which throws me off a little bit, but i will get used to it soon. it is very easy to type on and the back light is beautiful, clear, and bright. i do wish the keyboard had more adjustments for the back light but it works just fine. i also wish that for the money, the back light had a couple of other colors, but it isn't supposed to be a high end gaming keyboard, so that is fine.

i am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the gentleman who sold it to me. i love the product, especially the unifying receiver. i do not know about battery life but it has been on since yesterday when i got it and it still has full battery (the back light has been on automatic which keeps the light at its lowest possible setting above off). i have used it to write this review by the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars It took a while, but I finally found a keeper, April 30, 2012
So far I'm very impressed with the Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800, and I'm not an easy customer by any stretch of the imagination. In Logitech's defense I didn't really know what I wanted when I first started shopping around, but I soon discovered that I was basically looking for a wireless keyboard that closely mimics (and improves upon) typical laptop keyboards.

I tried out and got rid of:
A. the Logitech Wireless Wave Combo Mk550 With Keyboard and Laser Mouse (920-002555) (keys and keyboard were too big and keys had too much travel),
B. the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard (excellent mouse, but I didn't like the full-sized keys on the keyboard, they had too much `press down' resistance when typing),
C. the Logitech MK710 Wireless Desktop Mouse and Keyboard Combo (920-002416) (a close second place, but it lacked short-travel scissor-switch keys and the edge-to-edge glossy surface was prone to smudges and scratches), and
D. the Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 (deserving of an honorable mention, but it felt a bit flimsy, also had an edge-to-edge glossy surface that was prone to smudges and scratches, and some of the reviews mentioned problems with recharging the internal battery via the solar panels (I didn't encounter that problem, but I'd have to put it in the 'hard error' category)).

Pros:

1. Low-profile scissor-switch keys have short travel, low 'press down' resistance, and excellent spring back (which may actually be the definition of 'scissor-switch' keys), which allows for fast and low-effort typing (exactly what I've been looking for, this was easily my top priority when testing out keyboards).

2. No noticeable initial connection lag immediately after booting up the computer and no noticeable lag or dropped keystrokes during operation (yay for Unifying receivers! If you are also using Bluetooth or other RF transceivers along with the Unifying receiver then try to keep them spread out among your USB ports (if possible), they can jam each other up pretty well when in close proximity).

3. Good quality black matte finish material along top and bottom portions of keyboard's surface that is a bit more resistant to smudges and scratches than the glossy surface alternative (the middle portion surrounding the keys still has the same anti-scratch-resistant glossy surface mentioned above, but the glossy surface isn't edge-to-edge, so the wear and tear should be minimal).

4. Illuminating keys with adjustable illumination levels (options of `no illumination' or one of four brightness levels), adjustable illumination times (10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 5 mins, 10 mins), optional keystroke activated or motion-activated illumination (keyboard lights up when you move your hand(s) over the keyboard's surface at about an inch above the surface), and an option to disable keyboard illumination completely (extends battery life between recharges). I actually disable the illumination most of the time, but I'm sure I'll activate it when I'm working late at night while others are sleeping. It probably sounds strange, but the illumination aspect is actually pretty low on my priority list (icing on the cake, but I had to find a cake that met my standards first).

5. Rechargeable batteries via USB charging cable. It'll be nice to recharge the batteries instead of replacing them (I ended up buying rechargeable AAs for the media pad that came in my Logitech diNovo Media Desktop Laser because it would burn through standard AAs so quickly).

6. Sturdy design and good size for keyboard and keys.

Cons:

1. Quite difficult to access rechargeable AAs in keyboard. The battery panel has a small screw that you have to unscrew and then the battery cover still doesn't come off very easily (I didn't get it all the way off because I was worried about breaking it). I have other rechargeable AAs (that I charge in a wall charger) that I'd like to be able to swap in if the rechargeable AAs that come with the keyboard start to drain too quickly with age. It would also be nice to have the option to run the keyboard off of standard AAs (I promise I won't plug the keyboard into the USB charging cable when it's powered via the standard AAs).

2. Removing the rechargeable AAs voids the warranty (I can see the reasoning, because I can only imagine what would happen if someone tried to recharge standard AAs, but it still falls in the 'Cons' category).

3. Keyboard comes with USB charging cable but doesn't come with USB wall-charger adapter and the USB charging cable seems a bit short (my Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX for PC and Mac came with a USB charging cable that's at least twice as long and also came with a USB wall-charger adapter, so I'm using that USB cable and wall-charger to charge the mouse and keyboard as needed).

4. Scratch and smudge prone glossy surface surrounding the keys. While the glossy surface only makes up a small portion of the keyboard's surface I think it should be removed completely in favor of a black matte finish material that is much more durable.

Possible Alternative:
I also looked into the Logitech Wireless Combo Mk520 With Keyboard and Laser Mouse (920-002553), because at first glance the keyboard appears to be a non-illuminating version of the Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 for a little over half the price (and it includes a mouse), but I read some complaints that the keys are harder to press and lower quality than the keys on the K800, which was leading to typing fatigue after extensive use. Avoiding typing fatigue is by far my biggest priority (which is why I went through so many keyboards), so I didn't even bother testing the Mk520 out.

Overall I think the Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 is an excellent keyboard. I've read complaints about the small `F1' through `F12' keys and the fact that you have to press the `FN' button to access the second functions that the `F1' through `F12' keys respectively have (as far as I can tell there is no `F-Lock' capability for this keyboard), but I don't see either of these issues being a problem for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fans of the original wired illuminated keyboard might be disappointed, May 24, 2011
The keyboard is responsive, sturdy and overall really nice, but if you were expecting the high quality feel of the original wired illuminated keyboard you might be disappointed as this one definitely feels more 'cheap plastic'-like and has rounded 'chiclet-style' keys. On a positive side, the materials used make it way lighter than the wired one.

It is still a pretty decent keyboard that is way ahead of the laptop-integrated ones, that's for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars best keyboard....ever, September 15, 2011
this is the best keyboard I've ever owned. the keys are like typing on a laptop keypad. smooth, quiet. no more klakity-klak of my old keyboard. the illumination is why I bought it. soft white light. all other keyboards I looked at had all different color keys. red, blue, green...not bad for the christmas spirit but not for everday use. I can type in the dark no problem. plenty of function keys... which I don't use alot but they are there when needed. people complain that it's not a real "wireless" keyboard...but it is. Just unplug the power cable. when the batteries go low just plug it back in and recharge. beats swapping out batteries. no other keyboard has the features this one has and believe me I did my research. on/off button is right on top so it's easily accesible. I turn it off when I turn off my pc and turn it on when I use my pc. the unifying software is great. I have 2 mice and this keyboard connected to my pc. no interferance to or from any of my other devices...and I have alot of wireless devices near this thing (phones, routers, etc). The style is great. Setup is a snap using the unifying software. Logitech just keep making great products. They are not cheap but if you want a great product they are the only way to go. I've owned countless number of Logitech products over the years and currently have attach to my PC a keyboard, a mouse, a trackball, a gamepade and racing wheel and a webcam. I will not buy anything else but logitech.
If you want an excellent keyboard you won't go wrong with this one. people complain it's too flexible, the keys come loose, it's not really wireless, it takes getting use to, problems adjusting the brightness, etc... to that I say hog-wash. Get one. You won't be disappointed. One thing though to keep in mind. If you plan to use this on a home theater setup and plan to have this thing on your lap...the bottom is very smooth and will fall off your lap. A non-slip bottom would be nice for that type of use. I don't use it for that so it's not a problem for me. I did suggest it to Logitech in their feedback forum. Hopefully it is a change they will make for this model in the future. Oh just buy one already will ya! They retail for $100 at the Logitech site. I got one here at Amazon for alot cheaper.

1.0 out of 5 stars Suffers design flaws, December 13, 2010
I'm now paying the price for being an 'early adopter'. I'm typing this on the sister keyboard to this one which is the wired version. It has performed so well that I was excited to get what I thought would be the same in a wireless version. First I was dismayed to see that had changed the key layout a bit, the worst being cutting the Del key in half so they could squeeze an 'Ins' key into the same space. The backlighting is triggered by a proximity sensor that turns the backlighting on for a few seconds. Often it does not activate the backlight until you actually press a key, then it goes out again very quickly, and once again if you are typing in the dark you can't find the keys you need until you press something on the keyboard. This kind of defeats the purpose. Then after about 7 weeks the space bar started to stick. I carefully lifted it and blew in compressed air even though I could not see anything in there. That did help for a few days, and then a few days later it returned and the same thing happened to the Enter key: you depress it and it stays down, slowly working its way back up again. Again I lifted it from the bottom edge and looked under and it appears to be a mechanical problem with the design of the plastic lifting mechanism underneath because the actual switch pin seems to respond properly.

Now I'm going to have the dubious pleasure of testing their warranty service, and I'll report back on that if I can as well. Overall I would say do not purchase this keyboard as it appears to suffer from some serious design flaws relating to not only the proximity sensor, but also the key mechanisms.

Edit: Dec 29. Called them the day I wrote the review. I noted that I did not have to wait on hold long, and the lady was quite nice. They gave me a case number and could not deal with the issue at the time because they had no stock of the same item. They said in 3 weeks to call them back and if they still did not have any stock they would offer a replacement with a product of equivalent value or an 'upgrade' to another product of greater value. The obvious question in my mind (being a typical cheap Scot that usually buys items on sale if possible) would be, would I want to upgrade to anything based upon the full retail price of the new item rather than what you'd get it on sale for? In desperation I again lifted the keys and sprayed 'invisible glass' solution under them, and then blew them out with compressed air. That must have lubricated the sticky mechanism because they worked for a couple of days before starting to get a slow rebound response again. So next I used a marine spray that has a bit more lubricity to it, and again blew it out with compressed air. I must have used to much and shorted some contacts on the PCB as now I got some keys that repeated themselves or added characters when pressed. So I left the keyboard to dry and tested it daily. On the third day it was back to normal and remains normal to this day with no apparent ill effects. So I have not called Logitech back. I'm thinking to just leave it and see how the keyboard responds over time. Given what happened I can't help but wonder if something sticky got under the keys somehow (I never drink coffee, etc., when I'm at the computer and don't type with 'sticky fingers' so it seems unlikely). As it happened to the two most often pressed keys I wonder if the key mechanisms are so delicate and precise that they simply get sluggish as they are exposed to ambient dust from the environment. I've also noticed that if you leave it plugged into the charging cable, it seems to stay backlit, so that's one possible solution for someone who wants to use it in a completly dark room. Another thing I seem to notice is the keys are starting to feel and sound a bit more 'clicky' than they did when the KB was new, whereas the sister keyboard to this (the wired version) still seems to have the same tighter and silenter response that it originally did. Anyway I hope that my fix to the problem may be more than short term and it can help anyone else with a similar problem. I think in view of the fact this is priced to be positioned as an 'upmarket' product, Logitech may be on to a good thing in principle and this would be a good product with a couple of engineering and design tweaks made to the next generation of this product, and perhaps a price adjustment to make it about 30% cheaper.

Note: For anyone attempting the same repair I did, note that the chicklets do not come completely off. If you gently pry them from the bottom edge, the bottom detaches and somehow seems to hinge from the top edge, from where they do not seem to want to readily detach. I feared trying too hard to get them to come completly off may result in disaster, not the least would be if you could not reattach them properly, you'd definetly have no case for a warranty return at that point! Also note that I'm probably lucky that the substance I sprayed in evaporated enough to stop shorting the PCB contacts after a few days, perhaps if I had used another more 'oily' substance that did not evaporate as readily, I may not have been so lucky and I'd simply have a bricked keyboard that would no longer be under warranty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Logitech K800 illuminated keyboard, August 31, 2011
I read a few reviews on this keyboard and some related the issue of the backlight not working after a time. They were few so I took a chance. Alas, these are true in my case. The backlight stopped working and I use this keyboard extensively and in low lighting conditions (hence the need for a backlighted keyboard).
Good keyboard otherwise but very lacking the feature it does sell. Too bad brainiac Logitech designers who were so thoughtfull in bringing you 'motion detection' etc were so thoughtless not to give a simple option of 'force backlight 100% of the time'... I can switch a power button on/off (or backligt on/auto switch' and it does have usb recharging capabilities... I would not be totally in the dark at this point. So let's see how Logitech and their support backup their products!
I my humble opinion, avoid this keyboard as backlight will let you down, as I have read on some reviews and must add mine to the list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 - a lot better than I thought! - Purchased elsewhere (I read a lot of the reviews), November 26, 2013
R. Goldhammer (Bakersfield, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I just got this Logitech Wireless Illuminated K800 keyboard 3 days ago and I cannot
understand why I have yet to see a review which mentions anything about the
amount of brightness this K800 has when compared to the "wired" version
"Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard with Backlighting".

That is why I waited so long before buying this K800 keyboard.

I have had the wired model of this keyboard for about a year now and the lighting
is so dim that I could only see it at night with the lights off in the room,
other than that it is a very good keyboard.

But one of the main reasons I purchased the illuminated wired Logitech was
because the lighted keys but I was very disappointed due to the very dim
illumination unless in a very dark room.

I searched the internet to see if I could find a comparison review in the amount
of illumination each of these two keyboards have when compared together but my
searching was a waste of time, I could not find anything about the amount of
illumination each of these keyboards have.

Same problem here, I have yet to find anyone who has reviewed this K800 keyboard
mention anything about the illumination level of this keyboard especially when
compared to the old wired Logitech illuminated keyboard.

Finally when the price dropped to $59.95 at a brick/mortar/online store I could
not resist and I purchased it.

So here is the story, the original wired Logitech illuminated keyboard is really
excellent in every way except for the amount of illumination it can produce, the
lighting is only useful in a very dark room, otherwise you can hardly see any
illumination at all unless you put your head 2 inches from the keys on the
keyboard.

This new Logitech wireless keyboard K800 has all the great features and comfort
as the old wired illuminated keyboard but it also is truly illuminated, it has
very bright lite up keys which can be seen easily in any average room lighting
making the illumination actually very useful and not just a gimmick as was the
case with the Logitech wired illuminated keyboard.

Hope this review helps other people who were also wondering about the
illumination factor and usefulness in these keyboards.

Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap!, August 2, 2014
Justa Girl (East Coast United States) - See all my reviews
Ok first of all let me say, I own two of these and the first one is perfect. I love it. Works great. So, when I needed one for a second computer, the one I work on, it was an easy choice. Sure I'd read the other reviews that mentioned problems, but honestly, the first one I bought was so great, I figured it was worth the risk. I was wrong. I worked great- for 3 weeks. Then the space bar started to space. Meaning, it would only work if I slammed down on it or hit it toward the left side, which is unnatural for me. I'm a writer btw, so an unworking spacebar is a SERIOUS problem. But ok, this thing was expensive, so I figured I'd just smack the hell out of the spacebar and suck it up. Then the control key started sticking... when I wasn't even touching the keyboard! Which also means that my mouse won't scroll, it will zoom in and out. Another SERIOUS problem. The last straw came when out of nowhere it did who-knows what else and refused to space or type anything, just began highlighting things. A keyboard is pretty darn important to a writer and it's not the kind of thing that should be throwing temper tantrums. I had to pull out the ridiculous pos that came with my computer because the Logitech one wouldn't work and this thing isn't even 2 MONTHS OLD!
Be Warned.

1.0 out of 5 stars misses keystrokes, October 19, 2013
Ryan Yost (Canton, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
I got this to connect to my projector without needing wires all over the room. While I love the auto-illumination when you go to type, it misses keystrokes being less than 5 feet from receiver. Even when using the usb extension to literally have the keyboard and usb dongle touching key presses get lost in the air... This is an annoyance when using the internet, and downright unusable if attempting to play an mmo(I would not have ever even considered wireless for FPS or more intensive games). Logitech makes great wired keyboards - still have an original g15 on one machine - but this just doesn't work. I didn't write this review right away because I thought there could be interference or something on my side, but after testing on 5 different systems, in different rooms, in 2 different houses and making sure drivers/software was correct for each test - I cannot recommend this keyboard to anyone. Logitech mouse g700s purchased at same time works flawlessly from across the room and has no lag when gaming - why couldn't the same communication software/hardware not be used for the k800 keyboard?

Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800