5,380 Reviews
 (3,166)
 (1,259)

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid value (Mac compatible, too -- with some caveats)
Although there are a lot of promising ways to enjoy online content (web browsing, YouTube, Netflix, etc.) on your TV, the best one I've found so far is ... a computer.

The Logitech K400 is clearly designed with this setup in mind, giving you full control of a computer in a couch-friendly form factor. Surprisingly, it seems to be one of the few such input...
Published on September 8, 2011 by J. Kim

3.0 out of 5 stars Most useful as HTPC keyboard
Logitech seems to want to create a device that is small enough as a home-theater PC remote but still big enough as a regular PC keyboard & mouse. Does cutting it both ways work for Logitech? This is currently the #1 best-selling keyboard at Amazon, so maybe it does.

Most people would likely use Logitech K400 as a HTPC remote to be used on the living-room...
Published on July 25, 2012 by keviny01

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice htpc keyboard, October 11, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad, Black (Personal Computers)
this keyboard is perfect for htpc, big touchpad surface, left click button on the upper left of the keyboard for hand held operation. came with batteries, so everything was ready right from the box. this thing gets great range, i tried muting and adjusting the volume in the next room of my home and it worked.

three things i would like to see added to this keyboard would be a right click button on the upper left next to the left click button, a vertical scroll wheel, and backlit with a toggle switch or button.

one thing that bothered me at first is that i couldnt turn off the tap-to-click but once i updated the setpoint software a whole new menu opened up for the k400.

options include:
-turn off tap-to-click
-adjust pointer acceleration
-pointer speed
-enable smart move, and pointer trails
-scrolling size
-set F key commands
-disable caps lock, windows start key, scroll lock and insert keys.
-view battery level
-on screen status indicator for low battery, vol changes, lock keys on/off.

i upgraded to the k400 from an rii mini wireless keyboard because the touchpad started to jitter and i got tired of its crappy range.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Samsung TV, June 24, 2012
Works with Samsung UN46ES6580 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz 3D Slim LED HDTV (Black).
Not all functions work, like volume control, but main things like text input and touch pad work great. If you use one finger on touch pad you bring up the pointer. Two fingers on touch pad will enable you to scroll down a web page.
Great for internet surfing and controlling TV. Can use to access menu's on TV and Samsung's Smart TV features.
Works great and I'm glad I bought it to compliment my new TV.
Nice size for home theater.

Robert

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Motorola the Motoral Droid Bionic, September 15, 2011
I bought this to use for my laptop for couch use when connected to my tv and it works perfectly for that. I recently found another use for it. I've upgraded my phone to the Motorola Droid Bionic and have the home media dock. I popped the included usb connector onto the phone dock and WOW is works perfectly for the phone. It has full compatibility with my phone including using the multi-touch mouse pad. I love having the option to use it with my phone when docked to the tv, I have full access to all apps on my phone (I can make calls, reply to texts, play games, do email, watch netflix, pretty much EVERYTHING!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product!, September 15, 2012
Purchased to use with my Samsung "Smart TV" in order to easily navigate the internet directly through the TV. I first used a mouse and keyboard seperately to make sure it would work but it was too cumbersome. This product works like a dream. I just purchased a second one to use with my computer and another Samsung TV. For this particular application, I highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really cool, fair price, good buy!, December 1, 2011
I watch (listen to) Netflix and DVDs while I sit in bed and knit, and moving back and forth to the computer to change the volume, episode, captions, whatever, is a huge hassle. I have to restart what I'm doing every time I get up, and I have to get up often if I'm watching more than one episode of a TV series or if I get a phone call and need to mute the computer. This keyboard is the answer to my problems, as long as I don't fall asleep and roll over on it. :) Fortunately, it's made to stand up on one edge, so it's easy to store on my desk.

This keyboard comes with a radio receiver and a USB adapter. All you do to set up is pull out the tabs under the keyboard so the batteries are connected, plug in the adapter/receiver and turn the keyboard on (with the slide switch). So easy. You can go to Logitech's website to download drivers that allow you to check the keyboard's battery levels, and change the touchpad's speed, hot keys (up to 11 of them) and other options. You can set up the hot keys to launch programs or do other actions, like change the volume, go back one page in your web browser, etc.

I love that I can mute the speakers with one button! Really convenient. I love that they added a left-click mouse button on the top-left side, so you can operate the keyboard without needing to set it down. I do wish they had the right-click button there as well, though, because I am a big nerd and use it a lot.

I do already have a wired USB keyboard installed, and I wondered if they might fight with each other, but they work perfectly and I don't have to disable one to use the other.

Since I am using the keyboard as a giant remote, and not a replacement keyboard, I have pretty low standards for typing response and touchpad operation. That said, I'm dropping a star for two reasons:

1) The touchpad feels "stiff," and unexpected things happen (clicking links you didn't mean to click, accidental window closures). Everyone else seems to like theirs, so maybe it's just mine. Even though I don't love the touchpad, I do like the two-finger scroll option. It's a nice addition. It does scroll too quickly, but you can adjust that somewhat with Logitech's software.

2) I don't like the small enter/right-shift/backspace keys, and I don't like having to push two buttons to access "home" and "end," which I use a lot, especially since it's harder to scroll quickly with the adjusted touchpad. But I'm laying in bed typing this right now, 5 feet from my computer, so I guess it's not so bad. :)

Long story short, this is a good buy and I am really, really happy with it.

UPDATE: The touchpad is driving me crazy (clicks on EVERYTHING and I am constantly dragging things around that I didn't even mean to click on). Also right now I'm typing from my bed, maybe 6 feet from the computer, but I have to hold the keyboard up in the air or it either stops responding or doess thnngs lk thiis. >:( I guess there is interference from something new on my desk? Irritating. I dropped a star (mostly for the touchpad, which is DRIVING ME CRAZY.)

ADDITIONAL UPDATE: I moved and had to arrange my furniture differently, so I don't use a normal mouse or keyboard at all. For six months or so I've been using this keyboard only. I bought the keyboard in November of 2011, and it's March 2013 and I still haven't changed the batteries. I do get occasional misfires, and some of the keys stick a little (probably because there is lunch stuck under them), but I got used to the over-sensitive mousepad for the most part, and I really love this thing. It is so ridiculously convenient. Just do be careful if you're sending an important email or anything like that--it's easy to navigate away from your work, or close the active window, without meaning to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Logitech K400 keyboard, October 2, 2013
Very disappointed with the quality of this keyboard,
The keys are wobbly, the stroke is very long causing you to drag the adjacent key down also if you don't hit the intended key right-on. The feel is cheap, the touchpad is very unpredictable, maybe it will register your taps and maybe it wont.
The two finger vertical scroll is almost useless. If it does scroll, it jumps, making it impossible to slide a document smoothly.

The one good feature is it is wireless and comes with the appropriate dongle. Unlike Blue Tooth, it requires no setup, or password and is always active the moment you turn the computer on.
However because of the other factors, I replaced the keyboard with another brand.
I have noted that many people rate the more expensive back lit Logitech keyboard very highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with USB OTG (Nexus 7, Galaxy S3, Android), July 27, 2012
If you have a device that supports USB On-The-Go, you can get the adapter from amazon (look up OTG adapter) for $1. If you plug the receiver into the adapter and the adapter into the phone/tablet, you will be able to use this keyboard with the phone/tablet.

The mouse trackpad works flawlessly for it. I was actually surprised with Android's extended support for mouses. The keyboard was flawless too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard for Samsung Smart TV, December 13, 2012
J M Dho (Redondo Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Samsung's SmartTVs are a great idea but many functions are just about useless (or at least extremely hard to use) with the included remote. Samsung does offer a small keyboard remote but only includes it with their top line SmartTV series and it is extremely expensive to purchase separately.

Enter the Logitech Wireless K400 keyboard. The included dongle plugs into one of the available Smart TV USB ports, Smart TV recognizes it immediately upon power up. Select the "external keyboard" option and you're ready to go.

I am quite happy with the keyboard for TV use (although I'm not sure I'd want to type a novel on it . . .the keys are a bit cramped. . .and there are a couple of caveats.

I haven't yet found a way to activate the Smart TV interface from the keyboard; you need to press the Smart TV button on the Samsung remote first and then pick up the Logitech keyboard. Not a big deal. . .except I seem to always grab the keyboard first!

The Smart TV virtual keyboard continues to appear on the screen even though it's no longer being used. I haven't yet found a way to close the virtual keyboard without disabling text entry. You'd think the OS would be smart enough to know that the virtual keyboard isn't necessary when it detects an external keyboard. Perhaps Samsung should rename their sets "Semi Smart TV...?"

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech K400 Wireless Keyboard, August 30, 2012
Dennis (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
Product is light and compact and has a decent touchpad. Also has an on-off switch which is useful in saving battery life. I bought this to use with both a Samsung UN32EH5300F and UN46ES6150F HDTV. Inserted little stubby antenna into USB port of TV and was immediately recognized and keyboard connected to TV. Keyboard much easier to use than hunt & peck of typing using TV remote. Worked fine with YouTube if went in through the general web browser, though does not work at all if use proprietary version of YouTube that comes with the TV; have not yet tried it with other Samsung supplied apps such as Hulu, Netflix. So great for general input such as searches, handling email, etc. Does not seem to work with all of the proprietary links under the Samsung Smart Hub. Only negative is the advanced function of volume control and mute on the keyboard does not work with the TV's...probably a function of not being able to download the Logitech software you would use if connecting to a computer. Also, when initially typing in say a web browser search, the Samsung TV will still bring up its on-screen keyboard, but not a big deal as the Logitech keyboard will still permit input.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for a Smart TV, January 25, 2013
We were looking for a good keyboard for a Samsung Smart TV and found this. It works great. We plugged the wireless USB stick in the side of the TV and it popped right up. All keys work as they should and the mouse pad allows you to move the cursor on the tv in all directions and angles, not just the X and Y axises (Up and Down, then Left and Right) like the remote. Great product, my TV is now my new netbook.