Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K250 (Dark Fleur)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on September 22, 2010
Another reviewer said you can't mix and match the K250 and an M305--not so.
You just need to download the Logitech unifying software at logitech:
[...]or
[...]It's in the little pamplet that came with the keyboard which you didn't think you needed to read. I should know...
You run the downloaded software. You should uninstall the mouse's receiver and turn the mouse on and off when prompted by the software. What it is doing is pairing like Bluetooth or when you reset any receiver. What no one tells you--you heard it here first!?--is that you can uninstall the Logitech Unifying Software without any consequences--the mouse will continue to work. It just need to be paired. You would just use the software again when you have another Unifying product to connect, and you could just reinstall then. There are several devices besides keyboards and mice.

Anyway, I like this keyboard.
It has a small footprint and you have to use the Function key to get the special functions like sound on/off, but I'd rather have a smaller footprint any day.
Seems well built to me. Response is great.
The range for both the keyboard and M305 mouse is much better than the older models despite the size of the tiny receiver--a big improvement.
Some mentioned that they did not like the key clack. I think it is just the sound of the keys bottoming out if you have a heavy hand. But it's not plastic clacking. I think it's pretty quiet.

The only potential problem is that if you need to remove the receiver, it would be easy to lose since it does not have a dock on the keyboard or mouse, and it's very small. If you are using it on a laptop or netbook, that's a plus, because you can just leave it plugged in on the road without fear of it breaking off.

Not that I care, but the weird artzy design (Dark Fleur) matches the M305 mouse, for those who care.
If I had my choice, I would have preferred no art. I think it's tacky compared the lack of art on my V220 mouse. The keyboard's design is not as decal looking.

I don't know why mouse and keyboard are not sold together. Maybe it's because the M305 is notebook size. I have pretty big hands but still find it more comfortable over a big clunker mouse.

This is about my sixth or seventh Logitech keyboard. It is my favorite thus far.
Of course, some folks measure cool by how many widgets, keys and buttons...
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First of all, I'll deal with the K250 keyboard on its own.

Pros:

1. Set up is literally as easy as 1-2-3. Turn on machine, plug in unifying receiver, turn over keyboard and pull out the plastic tab for the batteries to make contact. That's it.
2. Compact in size, but with 14 functions accessible through the FN (Function) key, such as volume control, play and fast forward, internet home, launching e-mail application, internet searches and calculator.
3. Despite the girly "dark fleur" moniker, it has a rock star look to it.
4. Keys have a nice feel and not too noisy.
5. Tiny receiver is a one-time plug in and forget about deal
6. Adjustable height

Cons:

1. Takes some getting used to if you've been using a larger keyboard.
2. Being black, dust just can't keep away from it

EDIT: A big con I forgot to mention - there aren't any lights to indicate whether your Caps lock or Num lock buttons are on. This is a big pain when you have to use a lot of passwords on a daily basis, or enter a lot of data.

Notes:

1. Be sure to open the box from the front flap, or you may miss the USB receiver tucked away there.
2. Uses 2 AAA batteries (included)

Summary:

Idiot-proof keyboard for desk-top or lap-top computer, with all the functions you need, and a rocking exterior.

Now for the wireless M305 mouse on its own.

Pros:

1. Easy set up. Turn on machine, Insert battery (included), plug in receiver, turn on and go.
2. Comes with one AA battery, tiny USB receiver and instructions in English.
3. Slider on the bottom opens front casing to insert battery, similar to the V220, except that the battery direction is much more clearly marked.
4. Easy on/off slider also on bottom.
5. Handy storage space for receiver inside battery compartment.
6. Small and portable
7. Wicked cool pattern, matching K250 keyboard mentioned above.
8. Indicator light for low battery situations.

Cons:

1. May be a bit small for large hands
2. Pretty basic in functions (but has everything most people will ever need)
3. Receiver is NOT a unifying receiver.
4. Battery cover a little tricky to remove without practice.

Summary:

A compact, basic, portable, easy to set-up wireless mouse ideal for laptops. Combines the size and design of the V220 mouse and the USB storage compartment of the VX Nano Laser mouse.

Altogether now ....

I'm reviewing the K250 wireless keyboard and the M305 wireless mouse as a pair, because they came together as a matched twosome.
Pros:

1. They make a handsome couple

Cons:

1. They don't get along and are headed for divorce court, because they don't have a unifying receiver in common.

Notes:

After driving myself crazy for a few minutes, and downloading unnecessary software, I discovered that the M305 mouse does not have what it takes to work with the unifying receiver, and therefore you'll need to plug in BOTH receivers to make the mouse and keyboard work.

Apparently you'll need the M705, Performance Mouse MX or Anywhere Mouse MX if you prefer having only one receiver for both mouse and keyboard.

Summary:

Two great looking gizmos in matching attire that function well on their own, but should forget the wedding plans.

Points off for Logitech for this mismatched match-up.

Amanda Richards, July 17, 2010
55 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2011
For a keyboard design, it's pretty slick. Everything is distributed evenly, and I have no problem with the F#-keys being combined with the Function commands (such as "Next track").

Unless I am using this keyboard NON-STOP, the signal for it will cut out if I'm in the middle of typing, or just won't work. I'll wait a second, or pick up the keyboard and wave it near the receiver, and suddenly text will come flooding in, with letters doubling-up on themselves. It works great when it isn't cutting out. But if I'm simply surfing the internet or chatting in an IM with someone, it's less than ideal and often leaves me frustrated. Because of this simple annoyance (happening even as I type now), I will probably go back to a wired keyboard.
on May 3, 2015
I have been using this keyboard for 4-5 years now. Batteries last a long time - I never turn the keyboard off, but have only had to replace the batteries a few times that I can remember. I have used my flat screen TV as a second monitor on and off over the years, and the wireless range is more than sufficient to use in the other room. The lettering on the keys has not worn off in the slightest, which is a pleasant surprise - my coworkers make fun of me, I type like I really mean it! I hit the keys hard, and have worn the lettering off a few keyboards at work already. I like the compact size, yet it still feels like a standard keyboard, and still has the 10-key which I use often. It is lightweight and comfortable to use anywhere. The only drawback I've found is that there are no lights to indicate if caps lock etc. is active, but it's such a minor inconvenience that I really don't mind.
VINE VOICEon July 15, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This wireless keyboard is amazingly simple to install and use. It comes with the Logitech Unifying receiver, which means that the USB receiver that comes with this device will also pair with up to six other wireless Logitech devices that have the unifying capability. That means less USB ports being taken up by dongles in order to get wireless operation.

The device is very simple, yet very attractive. I love the design on the side of the keyboard. It is bold without being tacky. They keyboard itself boast an impressive space saving design that also manages to pack in some basic extra functions. With the FN key, you can access your home page, your email, and some other nice settings. The keys on the keyboard are very quiet, yet they give solid travelling feedback. This is a great keyboard for those who may not love low profile keys for typing but like silent keys.

The keyboard is a real space saver. It has the extra features, yet does not take up any additional space. It was a breeze to install...just plug in the receiver and you are ready to use it. If you want the special keys, you must install the SetPoint software from Logitech's website. Installing the software takes a little while, but it is well worth it.

If you are looking for a simple no fuss wireless solution for typing, I highly recommend this keyboard. I got it for my mom as she is not a computer whiz but could benefit from a wireless keyboard. She figured out how to use it fully in less than a day.
on January 21, 2015
I bought this keyboard in March of 2012 so it's been a little under 3 years. It was great while it lasted but in the last 6 months it started going downhill. It would randomly lose signal and happened more and more often as time moved on. Also some keys have stopped working I have a feeling if I let it go eventually more keys would go. I wish it lasted longer.
on April 3, 2011
I bought this keyboard to use with my 3rd gen Macbook. I was able to use it right out of the box without any installation issues whatsoever; although a popup notification appeared at startup saying that my OS was unable to recognize the keyboard, I closed the window and proceeded to use the keyboard with no problems.
Most of the standard mac keyboard commands are still available here, which is nice. I haven't been able to make some of the keyboard's own shortcuts compatible with the Mac OS (such as the homepage, email, and chat function keys) as well as the home, end and number lock keys, but that's a trivial issue that doesn't get in the way of general usability.
Overall as a Mac user, I am pleased with this keyboard.
on September 13, 2010
Pros of K250:
- Supports Unify Technology
- Desk saving space compact design
- Lots of holes to drain the liquid out in case of a coffee spill
- Stylish Rock-inspired Dark Fleur pattern
- Adjustable heights
- On/Off Switch
- Cheaper and more comfortable than K340
- Supports multiple keystrokes simultaneously such as W+D+SPACE.

Cons of K250:
- No Programming Keys
- No dedicated buttons for calculators, right click menu, volume control, and sleep button. They are all done by combining the Function Key with F1 to F12 keys. You can't complain on a compact keyboard though.

I have owned numerous Logitech Keyboards and Mice. I also have tried and own the latest Unifying series by Logitech, K350, K340 (Refunded), K250, and Performance MX. All I need is a single Unifying transceiver to communicate with all my keyboards and mice at work and at home seamlessly. K250 is a very standard yet compact keyboard that works perfectly for work and gaming. The reason I've returned the smaller form factor and more expensive K340 model is due to the problem of pressing W+D+Space simultaneously for First Person Shooter. This k250 does not have any problem when pressing multiple keys at the same time. There is, however, no programmable keys at all but it does have all the Windows essential keys already pre-programmed in it by combining the blue function key with F1 to F12 to use them.

I've the K350 Wave shaped keyboard and that keyboard is definitely more comfortable than K250 however, it's huge so it's good when used at home. The K250 is pretty compact and save a lot of desktop space, so I use it when I travel around to work with my laptop tilted up using laptop stands that works like a desktop PC.

I would always choose the Unifying technology over other products including Bluetooth keyboard + mice on the market for mobile computing. The reason is simple. Unify by Logitech works very similar to Bluetooth to pair the devices directly onto the nano USB transceiver that is a size of a penny. I never need to remove the USB transceiver from the computer to connect to another device everytime nor need to pair devices again when I switch locations. Moreover, Unify works on Mac OS, Windows, Linux, and BIOS directly.

Bluetooth has completely failed in the convenient category, because most Bluetooth keyboard + Mice have the following problems:
1. Sleep after 8 to 10 mins and requires 1 second of wake up time
2. Does not wake up the computer after the PC has slept by press a key on the keyboard or moving the mouse.
3. Does not work directly in the BIOS, Linux, etc
4. Need to pair it on every single computer OS

Pros of Unify Technology:
1. Pair the device once directly to one Unifying Device
2. When switching keyboards from one computer to another, simply remove the USB and connect to another computer to use the devices immediately without pairing.
3. Not interfere with WiFi
4. Works on Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Bios, Dos without installing any drivers
5. Pair multiple devices to a single Unifying transceiver at a time.
6. Supports all upcoming Logitech devices that uses Unifying Technology.

Cons of Unifying Technology:
1. A device can only pair to one Unifying Transceiver at a time. It replaces the pair with the initial Unifying Transceiver when pairing to another Unifying transceiver.
2. Unify Technology belongs to Logitech, so you are stuck with Logitech line-up. It's not a problem to me though as I LOVE Logitech products but some people might not agree with me.
I've had this keyboard for a few years and I love it. Batteries last a long time in it. The keys are easy to hit and don't make your fingers tired if you use it frequently. The design is beautiful, elegant and bold.

My only "complaint" is that it doesn't have a caps/num lock indicator light. It's not a huge deal, but would have been nice to have.
on February 18, 2013
This wireless keyboard is great!

Wireless Range: 5/5 Very good. I can sit on my couch across the room (about 12 feet away) and still type on the screen without any visible delay/lag.

Design (Dark Fleur): 4.5/5 Good. I'm an artist so I'm very picky about this kind of stuff. Looks exactly like the internet picture shows. For the most part it is a crisp vector image, except around the egde of the keyboard on the left side, where it has been printed on a little "fuzzy".

Keys: 5/5 Nice tactility. The keyboard itself is a little lighter then I expected it to be, but this doesn't effect how the keys feel or the keyboard functions.

Packaging: 5/5 Very nice, professional packaging. The tiny (very loss-able) wireless USB receiver was right in the middle of the packaging with a yellow tab on it so you will see it right away. Also came with a "Getting Started" guide and "Important Info" booklet, sitting underneath the keyboard. And batteries which were already in the battery compartment, ready to be used once the safety tab was pulled out.

*Works with my MAC! I had no problems using it with both my Mac and PC operating systems even though it's a PC keyboard to begin with. I just plugged it into my Mac OX Mountain Lion and the system conferred it for me. The only thing I had to do was switch the "Options" key and the "Windows" key.

**One major negative comment about the keyboard: The batteries that came with it were CORRODED. I pulled the tab out of the battery casing so the batteries were making contact and I noticed there was white power on the strip of paper. I quickly took the batteries that came with the keyboard out, cleaned out the battery pocket area, replaced them with new AAA and it's working fine. (Good thing I noticed it right away).

***Works with the Logitech Unifying Software which lets you use one wireless receiver for more then one wireless device. Right now I have both my wireless mouse and keyboard using one receiver (which came with the keyboard). The Unifying Software is a separate download from the website.

Conclusion: This keyboard is lightweight, easy to use/install, has a long wireless range, and is very stylish! I would defiantly recommend it.
review image review image review image review image review image review image