Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 1-Pack|Change

on January 24, 2014
I've owned this keyboard for about 2 years now and I'm still using it. Still no problems and works great.
This is what I would call a basic keyboard. The keys are what I would call the normal height, no low profile or anything.

As with all Logitech items I have bought the keyboard is durable and is build to last. The only problem I had with it was that it was harder then expected to take apart and clean but still do-able. Once I found out how it came apart it only took me about 20 minutes to watch the none electronic parts in the sink and dry them then put it back together.

I would buy another one if it ever breaks, but that seems unlikely at this time.

Pros:
-Durable, Build strong.
-Really long battery life, only replaced batteries once in 2 years.
-Liquid spill holes, have not tested to see if it works after getting wet.
-Nano receiver, can be stored in bottom for transport.
-Will work for gaming, no noticeable lag so far, seems to be just as responsive as my built-in laptop keyboard.
-Feels like a normal keyboard, anyone could pickup and start using it.
-Plug and play, works in bios and windows with no problems or software.

Cons:
-buttons seems a little firm for my liking.
-bit hard to take apart to clean, uses plastic snaps to keep it together, and screws. (will void warranty, have to break a sticker)
on June 30, 2012
This is a fantastic keyboard. Easy to set up and downloading software from logitec site to unify keyboard and mouse a snap. Only feature that could be improved are hot buttons. They are very small and symbols on them hard to read if you have any eye problems. Other than that it's a great buy for the money.
on December 7, 2014
First time I buy something disappointing from Logitech after decades of loyal purchasing. The shift, backspace and other keys are unresponsive on and off. The mouse will not move the cursor on and off. Distance and direction from the USB receiver seems to make no difference.The power buttons are nice, but this doesn't make up for the other flaws. I've had a model K260 that works fine after years of constant use.

Addendum: My apologies, this review should be of the keyboard and mouse combo shown here:

on November 7, 2013
This keyboard is GREAT! I wanted a Logitech Unifying-compatible keyboard, bought this one and another, and this is by far my favorite. Nice key action, full keyboard, plus nice extra-feature buttons. If you need a wireless keyboard, you should give this one some thought.
on February 21, 2013
Couldn't be any easier to set up right out opf box. Plug the transmitter into computer and voila, you're in business. Really like the number keyp[ad, and the one touch calculator button. (I was always fishing around my desk for my calcualtor) Using for a few weeks now and really like that I can lean back and use keyboard on my lap, or move it around to different locations on desk. I paired it with the HP23x11 monitor and now keep my laptop folded up and out of the way.
on June 8, 2012
This keyboard is awesome! I bought the keyboard so that I could connect my laptop to my TV and control it from my couch. I already had a Logitech wireless mouse with the unifying receiver and was able to quickly set up the keyboard to work off the same receiver as my mouse. All I had to do was download the software and turn your keyboard on and off when it prompts you to. All in all it took about 5 minutes from opening the box to using my new keyboard! I am incredibly impressed with Logitech products. I have had my mouse for 3 years now and it still runs like its brand new. I look forward to using my new keyboard for years to come. I would definitely recommend this keyboard or really any of Logitech's items. Oh and one more thing! I love the small unifying receiver! It is so small that I never have to take it out of my laptop. In fact mine has been plugged into my computer for 3 years now and it has never gotten in the way. I take my laptop to my classes and even though I do not bring my mouse or new keyboard with me, the receiver just stays plugged in and never gets in the way!!! I highly recommend this product!!!
on November 17, 2012
It is vastly better than the old Dell keyboard that I replaced. It is very quiet, although not as quiet as my Mac keyboard. The keys are solid and not wiggly, and they don't have a large range of motion, so you don't feel like you're pressing down on a big level every time you hit a key. The row of buttons along the top that lets you do stuff like open the calculator is convenient. The cordless aspect is nice and the keyboard works great with the M510 mouse. It installed and worked with little to no effort. There was some kind of software that I had to download from the Logitech site to get it to cooperate with the mouse, but that was trivial. Just read the half-page of instructions. I have no problem with it and I would buy this again.
on July 12, 2013
**IMPORTANT TIP**: As stated by Logitech, this keyboard does work perfectly out of the box without any driver installation (it also works outside Windows: in boot screens, BIOS, Linux, non-OS boot utilities, etc.). However, it works better with the Logitech SetPoint drivers and software that you can download (for free) from the manufacturer's Web site. With SetPoint, you gain battery life indication (there are no LEDs on the product, other than a very dim Caps Lock indicator, to save battery life), screen notices when you press Caps Lock and Num Lock (also low battery warnings, though I haven't seen that yet), some key customization, and receiver dongle management.

I have this keyboard as part of the Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo, and I'm very happy with it. My biggest complaint is that it doesn't have a wrist rest area, but a spare foam rest is cheap and easy to find. I also wish it had more media keys (Stop, Previous Track and Next Track), but I can live without them. The K270 does come with Play/Pause, sound mute, volume down and up keys, as well as Home, e-mail, PC shutdown and Calculator shortcut keys. I used to have a more sophisticated Microsoft keyboard with lots of customizable keys that the K270 doesn't have, but I never used any of them, so I don't miss that feature.

The most important thing, however, is that I find the K270 extremely comfortable to type - and I should know, because I'm a translator and type all day long in my work. The keys have just the right size, height, readability, and feedback. To be honest, I'm enjoying working with this basic keyboard much more than I did with my previous, more sophisticated Microsoft one. When it comes to keyboards, no esoteric feature compares to having the right feel of the keys, and the K270 has it.

In spite of being a basic keyboard, the K270 has some nice features. The best of all is that it has an on/off switch. In a wireless keyboard, this is a very important and much welcome feature, as it makes a lot of difference for battery life. Not all wireless keyboards can be turned off when not in use, draining the batteries uselessly, so you should consider this feature an important purchase decision factor. The K270 uses two AAA batteries (the first pair is included). It also has strong signal encryption (no eavesdropping), and the Unifying technology, which makes it easy to substitute or add extra Logitech wireless mice and keyboards, as long as they are Unifying-compatible.

Overall, great value for the price, I'm very happy with my purchase and recommend it enthusiastically. Since I've only been with the product for a very short time, I can't tell about durability or battery life (Logitech promises up to 2 years). I'll post updates if and when I have any news to tell.
on June 25, 2013
Love this keyboard!! Received it and was able to set it up in about 10 seconds flat. The keys are quiet, the keyboard is comfortable, and best of all, I can now shift my keyboard to anywhere on my desk without pulling on that pesky cord or getting the cord caught around my coffee mug. Seamless integration, great product.
on September 16, 2012
I purchased this keyboard for 2 reasons - it was cheap, and it used logitech's unifying receiver.

That being said. This keyboard does a good job, it's low profile makes it easy to tuck away in a drawer or set on a bookshelf when not needed, but is very comfortable to type on. The keystroke does feel a bit cheap, but for $18 I can get over that. Logitech has always been a trusted brand for me and this keyboard is no exception.