Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

Logitech Wireless Mouse M560 - Black
Color: BlackPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$25.45+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on September 27, 2013
Color: BlackPackage Type: Standard PackagingVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This mouse is a good size and heft. It "feels" good in your hand and functions well on day-to-day basic activities. After the first hour or two my index finger was a bit sore but that's due to the different size of the wheel. After a day of work this went away as my finger got used to the configuration and shape. I tested the mouse on 4 different systems and OSes using it a full day. One of those is my primary work system that's used fairly constantly on the internet doing research and support work and the other is my primary home system. Those two systems are are running Windows 7 and Windows XP.

Here are my observations.

First, if you chose to download the control application from Logitech make sure to select the "Full installer" rather than the "Smart installer" from the selection menu. The "Smart installer" is one of those "downloads the application while installing" abominations that can cause issues should your system shut down/reboot while the application is installing. Full installers can be easily saved for later use (after a rebuild/restore for example) and can also be used offline which makes them superior.

Windows 7 - Works well, even without the software package. The pre-programed buttons do some interesting, and occasionally useful, functions. The front-left button brings up the "Start" menu. The front-rear button minimizes *all* applications to the task bar and the 2nd press brings them all back up to their previous status/position. The wheel-left and wheel-right buttons work in browsers as "back" and "forward" buttons on a web page - this is nice but not something I use often. Pressing the button behind the wheel followed by a mouse right shows a cascading display of all open applications, minimized or not, and allows you to chose from one to bring it to the front. The software, which is easily found and downloaded from the Logitech site, offers more functionality by allowing all buttons to be re-programed for other functions/tasks.

Windows XP - Yes, it works with XP. At least the mouse. Logitech has no direct software for XP systems on the support page for this product. I suspect other Logitech control applications will work but I've not yet tried them. All the buttons work just as they do on Windows 7 without the software installed. If that's good for you then you can use this mouse.

Apple OSX 10.8.4 (aka Mountain Lion) - It works but has some oddities. The front-left button appears to do nothing. The rear-left button will *copy* anything you have selected on the screen - even applications, shortcuts, etc. The button behind the wheel does nothing. Interestingly the wheel left/right "buttons" perform as the "middle button" or "wheel" click in opening new links in a new tab or closing existing tabs.

Google Chromebook - Yes, it works with this device too. You get basic functionality with neither left side buttons providing a function and the wheel buttons doing forward/backward on web pages.

The software package is fairly comprehensive. You can change the function of many of the buttons to perform tasks you'd rather have than those that are hard wired. It also provides a battery status reading and can notify you when the battery needs to be changed. A nice addition. BUT the software is only available for Windows 7 and Windows 8. That means you must be content with "default" functionality on other devices. If that's what you want there are less expensive choices for a wireless mouse which could suit your needs better.

The largest flaw IMHO is that the wheel no longer acts as a button! I use the wheel button very regularly for opening links in new tabs and closing existing tabs. I feel lost without that function. Logitech has chosen to replace this with a gimmick which changes the wheel motion from "smooth" to "click". While this is nice to chose which way to use the wheel I have to wonder how often people will actually change it once they decide which method they prefer. This could have been done with a switch inside the battery/dongle storage compartment leaving the wheel button in place. There's more than enough room in that area for such a simple switch. Admittedly you can reprogram either/both wheel buttons to do the center click function but it's not the same. You're then moving the wheel sideways a bit rather than a simple press down. It works, but it feels like a kludge. It's for this glaring omission that I've given this mouse a 4 instead of 5. It's also this omission that will keep me from using this on a daily basis. It'll be relegated to a system that gets little use or on one for which I don't use that wheel button often.

Overall, recommended only if you can live with the one design flaw.
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 29, 2013
I was excited when Logitech released a new mouse that was silver! Finally one that goes with Macbooks or those with a silver PC setup. Anyway Cosmetics aside, that was before I had it in my hand So what did I find?

Look and Feel,
The Mouse is Silver that's cool...
However upon feeling it in your hand you will notice it feels cheaper and less sturdy then the Logitech M510 and some other mice I was very disappointed in this respect. (This thing cost me $40!) The Martial used in it is a cheap Mate plastic, The kind you used to find on those old silver Acer aspire laptops ( Circa. 2005-7) or the cheap mate plastic you find in your car interior trimmings. It's "Ok" But it just doesn't feel as nice like other mice. Like the semi glossy plastic used in the m510. I wish they used better plastic. On top of that when you hold it or tap on it its not as sturdy as it should be for $40. I feels a lot like a Logitech 310 to me. (That you can get for $25)

Day to use:
The mouse is ok in the hand, but to me it lacked some preciseness that I'm used to in the Logitech m510 ,Apple and Microsoft Mice. Scrolling is pretty nice you can choose between free rolling scrolling and the traditional clicking scrolling by pressing the scroll wheel in or out. But to gain this you give up middle clicking (More on that bellow)

There is no Middle Click Button By Default! When you click the middle buttons it toggles the scrolling between free spinning wheel and clicking scrolling. That kind of stinks. However! you can download Logitech's SetPoint software for Windows 7 or 8 and map any of the buttons to middle click. However! this takes getting used to and will not work by default on anything without this software like Linux or Mac OSX. Plus your supposed to use the button for the start menu? right? But you will end up mapping it to middle click and it's a little awkward.

The mouse is "optimized for windows 8", But works just fine anywhere else Mac, Linux, Windows 7. However without setpoint you will not have middle clicking or customizations. Setpoint is only available on Windows 7 & 8.

Because of this I have to rate it 3 out of 5. I recommended going with the Logitech M510. But if you want this mouse Make sure you have Windows 7 ,8 And use Setpoint or Make sure you don't care about middle clicking. And are ok with a semi plasticy mouse. I Like the Idea and Love Logitech but this feels like a cheaper product then it claims to be (Should be $25).
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon October 4, 2013
Despite having a touch-screen ultra book, I'm still not a huge fan of Windows 8. I just don't feel the need to touch my screen when using the computer, and it's really not intuitive to me yet. My wife has adapted better than me, but I still prefer to keep my touch screen for my phone or tablet, and have my laptop be a laptop. Laptop touchpads have never been my thing, either, as I often hit them inadvertently, so overall I just prefer to use a mouse.

As an IT worker, I've used many brands and types of mice over the years. Of those, Logitech mice have been a favorite. For many years (almost 10!) I used a corded Mx500, which I loved. Currently, I use a wireless Logitech M510 with my desktop, and a wireless M705 with my Win7 work laptop. So I was happy to try a mouse that is wireless and designed specifically to function with Windows 8.

Compared to my other Logitech wireless mice, the M560 mouse felt lighter weight. That's not to say it felt cheap - it's perfect for using with the ultra book. The styling is simple and understated, with a matte black finish. Because I have large hands, the full size profile of this mouse was nice, but my wife found it comfortable to use, as well. The mouse was easy to configure -- simply plug in the USB receiver and it automatically synched with the mouse. The scroll wheel was also nice - more solid than my 510, but maybe not as solid feeling as my 705. The thumb buttons were a bit difficult to get used to at first. Experience has taught me that they are for forward and backward browsing, which is how they would function if used with Windows 7. But with Windows 8, they either minimized all applications or took you to the "Start screen" (formerly known as the "Metro" interface). Once I got used to that and using the scroll wheel for forward/backward movement, it was fine. The "Edge" shortcut button was also quite helpful for bringing up the apps switcher and "charms bar" (settings menu) on the left and right-hand sides of the screen.

Overall, this M560 made using Windows 8 *significantly* easier for me to use, and would likely be a great asset for anyone who does not have a touch screen or who just prefers a mouse. The device should work fine with a laptop or desktop, as direct 'line of sight' is not required to the receiver. And if you still have Windows 7, it will function with that OS, as well. I've had no issues with using the mouse on a wide variety of surfaces, and while I can't speak to the battery life of this specific mouse, the batteries in my other Logitech mice have lasted a really long time.

Overall, I highly recommend this product!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 29, 2014
So far, I have to admit I like this mouse a fair bit. Maybe even more than the M510 (gasp), though that is still an excellent mouse well worth the money.

The M560 is a bit similar to the M510, actually - it's about the same size, and carries the same features, and more.

I've seen others complain about the build quality of the mouse - but I have to disagree. As someone who was fanatical about the M510, I can honestly say one of the things I didn't care much for on that device was the glossy plastic - some think it somehow feels "premium" and "expensive", but I thought it just felt slimey and prone to attracting dirt and fingerprints. This mouse, however, features a more "matte" type of plastic, and I find it better for it. I was concerned by the fact that the left and right click aren't actually divided into two buttons on the exterior of the mouse, but so far it feels natural and there's been no worries. The sides of the mouse are contoured just like the M510, giving it a nice fit in the hand - the rubber has even been given a bit more texture for a better grip, as well. The wheel, on the other hand, is totally smooth, which feels much better to scroll with.

The extra buttons, however, is where the mouse falls apart a little bit. You have two buttons on the left side of the mouse where your thumb rests, forward ad backward. They're a bit small, tiny compared to the M510, but they get the job done just fine. Usually these buttons move you forwards and backwards a page in your web browser, but for some reason, Logitech thought it'd be neat to make one of them bring up the start menu, and one bring up the side menu on Windows 8. This is incredibly bizarre, as no one needs those functions at their fingertips on a mouse - plus, the start button is right there on your keyboard, anyways. The wheel features the expected middle click - but not really. Instead, clicking the wheel will toggle between the wheel scrolling freely (which is awesome, by the way), or scrolling by notches. To rectify the absence of a true middle click, there's a middle button, separate the wheel - but the smart people at Logitech decided to map that to another, equally useless function other than middle clicking (I can't remember exactly what, but I can assure you it was not useful at all).The wheel also clicks left and right, enabling you to move forwards and backwards in your browser, but it's just awkward in my experience.

These problems are legitimate issues with the default settings of the mouse, but not a dealbreaker. The reason I can say that, is because all of it is easily fixed by installing Setpoint, Logitech's customization software for their devices (which is available for free on their site). From there, you can easily rebind the forward/backward buttons to what they should be in the first place, and the middle button to middle click.With those settings in place, the mouse becomes incredibly usable, and, in my opinion, pretty formidable against other mice of this price range.

The only real problem I've noticed with the mouse is that it feels a bit bottom-heavy for some reason, which made me turn the sensitivity up higher (you could also use a smoother surface, but I digress).

All in all, this is a highly usable mouse with a lot of functionality, if you just remap the buttons on it. If you're using a computer right now, you will be able to do it (I believe in you), and it's really not that big of a hassle. I am docking a star, however, because the default bindings are incredibly stupid,and you shouldn't HAVE to remap things that are pretty much standard by now. I'd highly recommend this one.
VINE VOICEon September 26, 2013
Let me start by saying that overall I'm a big fan of Logitech products. I own a few mice, keyboards and the Harmony One remote. Before getting this mouse I was using the Logitech LX7 Cordless Optical Mouse - Dark Blue ( 931395-0403 ), which is a great mouse except that it debuted before Logitech introduced the Unifying receiver. As a result, I kept this mouse at home with the dongle plugged into my docking station and used a separate mouse when not docked. Now with the Unifying receiver, I've set aside my other mice and use this both when docked or undocked.

Here are my basic observations on the mouse:

+ Fit: The mouse fits comfortably in my hand and the indented grooves on the side provide a natural resting place for my thumb and ring finer. The mouse is smaller than my previous mouse, which is not an issue for me, but may feel uncomfortable for someone with larger hands.
- OS Support: Limited support in terms of Operating Systems supported. You only get support for Windows 7 & 8 along with Chrome OS. I'm not a fan of Vista, but I'm surprised it's not supported, since it's still a supported Operating System by Microsoft.
+ Software: The downloadable software is a must. By default on Windows 7 the back/forward buttons on the sides were minimizing windows, so I needed the software to configure the desired actions. Software setup was easy and buttons now provide all the functionality I need in a mouse. I can scroll up, scroll down, scroll left, scroll right, move forward, move backward and use the button below the track wheel to toggle between open windows. One other piece of software available is an extension for Chrome (browser) users. The extension enables smooth scrolling, which enables scrolling in Chrome similar to a tablet experience. In other words, the page "glides" up and down instead of "choppy" scrolling.
+ Extras: As with most of the newer Logitech computer accessories you get a Unifying receiver. The nice thing about this is if you decide to use a Logitech wireless keyboard you don't need to take up an extra USB port. The same receiver will work for both.

Overall this mouse is perfect for my needs, but in thinking about drawbacks for others I had to take over 1/2 a star for the limited OS compatibility. If you are a Windows 7/8 or Chrome OS laptop user then this is a great value. Otherwise look at some of the other Logitech offerings.

********* I received this product for free as part of the Amazon.com Vine program. Nonetheless, I review the product in the same manner as I would if I had purchased it myself. *********
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 3, 2013
The Logitech M560 mouse is a value mouse with some premium features that have trickled down from Logitech's higher priced mice. If you scroll a lot (who doesn't?), you might really like the hyper scroll wheel, which makes quick work of scrolling long documents or web pages. Its battery life is rated at 18 months and works on just a single AA alkaline battery. It also has two thumb buttons, neither of which are configured to be the standard Back or Forward buttons. Instead, they show the Windows desktop and show the Start menu (Windows 7) or Start screen (Windows 8). To reprogram those buttons, you have to use Logitech's SetPoint software. I try to stay away from custom mouse software, but sometimes they're unavoidable.

The M560 is pretty comfortable to grip. Though, despite its ambidextrous appearance, the thumb buttons are strictly for righties. The optical sensor on the M560 works OK on my high performance Steel Series mouse pad, but it doesn't glide as smoothly as I'd like. The glide pads on the bottom are small and aren't as slick as they could be.

Overall, the M560 is a decent mouse for the price and probably a decent solution for basic computing purposes. However, for more precise and higher performance needs, I would look at another mouse.
on November 6, 2014
This is the first mouse I've ever used where I am aware that I am using it. I'm aware of it because it keeps frustrating me. For starters, since I use Windows 7, I had to download additional software to make the 2 thumb buttons "back" and "forward." The scroll wheel is way, way too sensitive. Want to scroll down just a little bit? You might as well click the arrow at the edge of the screen because its the only way you'll get accurate scrolling. My biggest complaint, by far, is the amount of accidentally right-clicking that occurs when I'm trying to left click. Because the mouse does not have 2 separate pieces of plastic for the right and left clickers, a simple left click ends up being a right and left click. Also, the mouse is not really comfortable. The worst part is I actually bought this at Staples for $40.
VINE VOICEon November 7, 2013
This otherwise good mouse is crippled with connectivity issues. It gets "choppy" from time to time. I initially though something was wrong with my Windows, however I tried other mice -- which worked well, even a better mouse surface -- which did not fix this. It might be related to my recent move to a new place, but that should not be an excuse.

Also the middle button is mapped to a useless function on Windows 8. I had to download the Logitech application to map it back to normal middle button function. This is a minor annoyance, but it's still there.

Overall, the mouse is ergonomic, and feels sturdy. When it works, it works great. However I have to give this mouse a three stars rating, since it does not always work properly.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon September 30, 2013
First, before I even started using it, I have to give props to Logitech for making a plastic clamshell case that is easy to open.

I chose this mouse to use with my MacBook Pro, despite its Windows only claims. Once I turned the mouse on and plugged the USB dongle in, I could use it without any software, which is pleasing, if a little secretive on Logitech's part. Without some kind of mouse software though like USB Overdrive, some of the extras buttons on the mouse won't work on a Mac.

While I have adapted to the MacBook's trackpad, there are still times when a proper mouse is best, with video games or anything that requires quick action.
on November 1, 2013
I can not believe i am writing a negative review about a Logitech mouse!

The mouse functions as it should. My issue is with the left and right buttons.

Logitech decided to use one piece of plastic across the front and allow it to flex to push the left or right button. Normally the buttons would be two separate pieces or one top piece but split at the bottom.

What ends up happening is when you left click the right side of the plastic tilts up a little and I catch it with my ring finger. I end up clicking both buttons at once.

I was looking for a mouse that was full size, had the fast freewheel center wheel, had the forward/back buttons by the thumb, and used a laser.

Other then the above issue, the mouse was a perfect fit.

I use the MX on my desktop. I was not expecting that but, I can not live with this issue. It will be the first Logitech product I send back, EVER!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...