Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX for PC and Mac” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 57% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- No deductible, replacement via Amazon gift card reimbursement for valid claims
- Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX for PC and Mac
|You Save:||$50.04 (50%)|
- New Logitech Darkfield Laser Tracking works on more surfaces than other mice--even on glass
- Tiny Logitech Unifying receiver stays in your computer--plug it in, forget it, even add compatible wireless devices without multiple USB receivers
- Flexible recharging system for easy charging through your computer or a power outlet, even when you're using your mouse
- Hyper-fast scrolling lets you fly through long documents and web pages
- Sculpted right-handed shape with stealth thumb controls for rapid-fire web browsing, application switching, zooming and more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX for PC and Mac
Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse B003NR57BY
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Hardware Interface||radio frequency||usb2.0||radio frequency||radio frequency|
|Battery Description||Information not provided||Lithium Polymer (LiPo)||AA||AA|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Logitech's exclusive technology gives you new freedom to work on virtually any surface—even on glass desks and tables where other mice can't track.
The plug-and-forget Unifying receiver stays in your notebook and connects up to six compatible devices in different places.
Logitech Performance Mouse MX
The power to achieve more on more surfaces
Your hand is poised. You're set to create the big presentation. And with your Logitech Performance Mouse MX, nothing stands in your way. This is the mouse that puts high performance in the palm of your hand.
• Precision cursor control on more surfaces, including glass where other mice fail
• Wireless freedom for multiple devices with plug-and-forget Unifying receiver
• Recharging through your computer
• Fingertip controls for hyper-fast scrolling, quick-zoom and more
• Sculpted design cradles your hand for unmatched comfort
New Darkfield Tracking—now you can work on surfaces like glass, granite and polished wood without a restrictive mouse pad.
USB recharging eliminates the need to buy or change batteries.
Darkfield Laser Tracking for precise cursor control—even on glass
The culmination of a groundbreaking five-year engineering effort, Darkfield Laser Tracking lets you track on more surfaces than ever—including glass, where other mice flat-out fail. Logitech's exclusive technology tracks mouse movements by producing a detailed micro-roadmap of the work surface. So now you can confidently use your mouse on surfaces you never could before like clear glass, lacquered wood and marble.
Plug-and-forget Logitech Unifying receiver stays in your computer
One tiny wireless receiver gives you many possibilities. The receiver is so small you can leave it in your notebook and forget about it. So you never need to unplug it when you move around, and your mouse is always ready when you are. Plus, this one receiver connects up to 6 Unifying compatible devices, allowing you to add accessories like a Unifying wireless keyboard without having to manage multiple USB receivers. Create The Combo That Works For You. See other products that work with the Logitech Unifying receiver.
USB recharging system ends battery hassles and downtime
Recharge your mouse anytime, anywhere—even while you work. Use the USB cable for charging through your computer. From now on, you'll never need to look for batteries to get your mouse back in action so you can get back to work.
Fly through long documents at a spin of the Hyper-fast scroll wheel.
Hyper-fast scroll wheel puts you in total scroll control
Convenient thumb buttons help you to quickly flip through web histories.
20-page spreadsheet? Extra-long email thread? Spin the almost frictionless scroll wheel to fly through long documents, emails and web pages. Tilt the wheel left and right for side-to-side scrolling. You can even shift to click-by-click mode for precise, line-by-line navigation of lists, slides and photos. Fast or slow, you've got the control to get it done at your pace.
Sculpted shape guides your hand for more control and comfort
Imagine a mouse that feels so natural in your hand you actually forget you're using a mouse. The sculpted design cradles your hand for more comfort and less fatigue, even during marathon mouse sessions. And every control is intelligently positioned right at your fingertips, so you're in total control of every click, scroll, cut, paste and zoom.
|What to look for||Portable Mice||Full-size Mice|
Performance Mouse MX
|Connection Strength |
The higher the signal strength, the more reliable your connection will be. Especially important in busy wireless environments like airports.
|2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz|
|Tracking Quality |
Look for smooth, precise cursor control. The higher the quality, the easier it is to navigate documents and web pages. The best also work on more surfaces, including glass.
|Advanced optical sensor||Advanced optical sensor for multi-surface tracking||Also works on glass||Laser Sensor||Laser Sensor||Also works on glass|
|Power Management |
Stay more productive and eliminate hassles with longer periods between battery changes or a rechargeable mouse.
|1 AA battery(18 months max. battery life)||2 AA batteries(3 years max. battery life)||2 AA batteries(6 months max. battery life)||1 AA battery(12 months max. battery life)||2 AA batteries(2 years max. battery life)||Rechargeable|
|Wireless Receiver |
The receiver stays in your computer for cordless mouse control. The smaller the receiver (from standard to nano size), the more convenient it is. The Unifying receiver also lets you add compatible Unifying devices like a wireless keyboard.
|Unifying receiver connects up to 6 Unifying-compatible devices||Unifying receiver connects up to 6 Unifying-compatible devices||Unifying receiver connects up to 6 Unifying-compatible devices||Nano size receiver||Unifying receiver connects up to 6 Unifying-compatible devices||Unifying receiver connects up to 6 Unifying-compatible devices|
|Scrolling Performance |
Scroll through long documents and web pages without having to drag the scroll bar. Performance ranges from fast to hyper-fast.
What's In The Box?
- Logitech Performance Mouse MX
- Logitech Unifying receiver
- Micro-USB charging cable
- User documentation
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- USB port
- Internet connection
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- USB port
- Internet connection
Top Customer Reviews
And man am I glad I did.
This mouse is worth it to overlook the ultra-tiny receiver. It is oh so smooth and uncommonly comfortable. I bought the Microsoft mouse about three weeks ago and my forearm and hand have been aching ever since. It was the first non-ergonomic mouse, designed to be symmetrical for both right and left handed users, that I have used in many years and using it was downright painful. I also have the Apple mouse which suffers from the same design flaw. The Performance MX, by comparison, puts very little strain on my hand and arm, and the groove where my thumb sits not only feels terrific, it also provides greater control.
I will never buy a symmetrical mouse again.
The kit that comes with it is smart and useful. The recharging cable is Micro-USB so when the mouse battery dies, you just plug one end into your mouse and the other into your computer, and use it like a corded mouse while it charges. Also, it comes with a Wall-to-USB adapter so you can charge the mouse in the wall if you don't have an extra USB slot available. This means I can still use the mouse while it is charging from the computer or the wall. Very handy! My previous mice had charging stands and if the battery died, I couldn't use them again until they charged. Logitech also included a USB extension cable to help desktop users reposition the USB receiver and a handy little bag to hold the power plug and cords for us notebook users. All in all, a very thoughtful kit!
I am using this with a MacBook Pro and it had 3-button functionality right out of the gate without installing drivers.Read more ›
First, the good:
- The new sensor allows you to use the mouse on any surface, including glass. They're promoting this like crazy, but it seems like it's not really a big deal (hard mouse on hard glass is a recipe for scratches on one or both, if any grit gets between them, so I don't see myself wanting to use it on glass). This new sensor should mean better tracking on all surfaces, though, which is great.
- The new thumb button underneath the rubber is really cool, and very convenient to use.
- The DPI can be changed on the fly if you use the software that the mouse ships with.
- The accessories are very nice - a travel case, a USB charge cord and a USB-to-outlet-power adapter (which presumably can be used with any USB-charging device), and a USB extension cord for the receiver.
- The new receiver is tiny, so there's no risk of accidentally hitting it and breaking it if it's plugged directly into your computer.
- The new receiver is a "unifying" receiver, meaning it'll work with other cordless devices that support it. If you plan to buy another brand new Logitech input device, and if they stick with this interface in the long term, this could be really useful.Read more ›
Ergonomics: The mouse is very comfortable and well-designed. My previous mouse had forward & back buttons near the thumb area, but they were so close to where my thumb was positioned that I would often hit one when first grasping the mouse. The thumb-rest on this mouse is very well-designed; it's easier to hold & control the mouse because the grip is so much surer.
Zoom, Forward & Back Buttons: These three buttons are located a bit above the thumb rest and are very intuitive. The zoom button is just above your thumb, but far enough that I don't accidentally press it. When I do use it, the wheel increases or decreases the size of the image. Hit it again, and the zoom mode goes off, but nicely leaves the image at the size that you set it so you can continue working.
The Forward and Back buttons are above the zoom button and I found them comfortably placed to access when I wanted them but not get in the way when I didn't. They work well--it's usually easier to hit the back button than move the mouse to the left arrow in my browser.
Scroll Wheel: Here, the mouse pleasantly surprised me with its "hyper-scroll" feature. I expected a slightly enhanced scrolling capability--after all, when marketing people write "hyper," meaning super-duper and extreme to the max, they usually mean that this version works properly where their previous product was buggy. OK, I'm cynical. This feature is a true improvement.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
it can work about 3 week with a AA bettery, 5 days per week , 6 hours per dayPublished 1 day ago by liang_jw_ljw
This has been my favorite mouse for years now, but the left button goes bad quickly. So I have to rebuy once or twice a year. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Dipsy Doodle
Fantastic mouse! I was willing to spend some money on a good mouse because I use one all day at work and my tiny one I had was giving me hand cramps. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Tom
as described. time will tell if it has the infamous "static electricity issue" from the free spinning wheel feature as with all of logitechs mice. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Tom Doyle
The most comfortable mouse I have tried, but was extremely quirky. Could not use until I followed these instructions on Logitech's site to remove the "static energy trapped... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Careful Consumer
This is what other mice want to be when they grow up. Most comfortable and durable mouse I have used.Published 3 days ago by Leonard Niles
This mouse is super comfy and works great. The rechargeable battery is the best part, and it lasts for a long time, maybe a month or three, depending on use time.Published 3 days ago by Lucas Mitzel