Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on HTL

Format: Personal ComputersChange

Showing 1-10 of 2,266 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
I was very resistant to buy this mouse because I have only bought Bluetooth mice since 2002. But mouse manufacturers are clueless to our needs and so I was forced to switch.

And man am I glad I did.

This mouse is worth it to overlook the ultra-tiny receiver. It is oh so smooth and uncommonly comfortable. I bought the Microsoft mouse about three weeks ago and my forearm and hand have been aching ever since. It was the first non-ergonomic mouse, designed to be symmetrical for both right and left handed users, that I have used in many years and using it was downright painful. I also have the Apple mouse which suffers from the same design flaw. The Performance MX, by comparison, puts very little strain on my hand and arm, and the groove where my thumb sits not only feels terrific, it also provides greater control.

I will never buy a symmetrical mouse again.

The kit that comes with it is smart and useful. The recharging cable is Micro-USB so when the mouse battery dies, you just plug one end into your mouse and the other into your computer, and use it like a corded mouse while it charges. Also, it comes with a Wall-to-USB adapter so you can charge the mouse in the wall if you don't have an extra USB slot available. This means I can still use the mouse while it is charging from the computer or the wall. Very handy! My previous mice had charging stands and if the battery died, I couldn't use them again until they charged. Logitech also included a USB extension cable to help desktop users reposition the USB receiver and a handy little bag to hold the power plug and cords for us notebook users. All in all, a very thoughtful kit!

I am using this with a MacBook Pro and it had 3-button functionality right out of the gate without installing drivers. The USB receiver itself is very small. It's even smaller than the magsafe power adapter head. Time will tell if I can safely keep it in the notebook while I place the computer in and out of it's neoprene sleeve, but I don't anticipate this being a problem.

Do I wish this was a bluetooth mouse? Absolutely. But it is more comfortable than any Bluetooth mouse on the market, it moves the pointer with more fluidity, smoothness, and accuracy than any Bluetooth mouse on the market, and as much as I have enjoyed not dealing with receivers over the past 7 years... the total package provided by this mouse more than makes up for the fact that it isn't Bluetooth.

I highly recommend it.

! -- UPDATE -- !

OK... 3 years later and I still use this mouse. I own 3 of them! One for my work desk. One for my home desk. And one for my computer bag. I own a MacBook Pro with Retina. The receiver never leaves the USB port and I never notice it, even though I'm throwing my computer in and out of my bag multiple times a day. Still great!
4141 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2009
I'm used to being disappointed by products after reading the advertising hype. Not so with this mouse--I'm very happy that I spent the money that I did to buy it. I've used it every day for several hours for a week now and I like it better as time goes on.

Ergonomics: The mouse is very comfortable and well-designed. My previous mouse had forward & back buttons near the thumb area, but they were so close to where my thumb was positioned that I would often hit one when first grasping the mouse. The thumb-rest on this mouse is very well-designed; it's easier to hold & control the mouse because the grip is so much surer.

Zoom, Forward & Back Buttons: These three buttons are located a bit above the thumb rest and are very intuitive. The zoom button is just above your thumb, but far enough that I don't accidentally press it. When I do use it, the wheel increases or decreases the size of the image. Hit it again, and the zoom mode goes off, but nicely leaves the image at the size that you set it so you can continue working.

The Forward and Back buttons are above the zoom button and I found them comfortably placed to access when I wanted them but not get in the way when I didn't. They work well--it's usually easier to hit the back button than move the mouse to the left arrow in my browser.

Scroll Wheel: Here, the mouse pleasantly surprised me with its "hyper-scroll" feature. I expected a slightly enhanced scrolling capability--after all, when marketing people write "hyper," meaning super-duper and extreme to the max, they usually mean that this version works properly where their previous product was buggy. OK, I'm cynical. This feature is a true improvement. When you press a release button that is conveniently located slightly behind the scroll wheel, it frees the scroll wheel to spin, enabling you to scroll through pages very fast. When you touch the wheel to stop it from spinning, the scrolling stops instantaneously. You can simply push the release button again and you're back to "click" scrolling.

Slightly Strange Software: The software that comes in the package on a CD enables you to adjust certain mouse settings to suit your own preferences. However, you must go into the Control Panel / Mouse application to set things like the number of lines per wheel "click," the "double-click speed," and the pointer image (I like a large black arrow because of vision problems). I would have expected an integrated suite of software that handled all of these things, or at least advice from the manufacturer that informed me that certain mouse settings had to be made in the control panel.

Other Stuff: Simple things enhance this mouse, like very low-friction feet. All of my previous mice were harder to move on the desk or table surface and therefore harder to control. The only alternative that I could think of was to go into the control panel and set the "mouse speed" slower than it was when I was doing any kind of fine work. With this mouse, the low-friction feet make it much easier to make fine movements with the pointer, and in general make the mouse more pleasant to use.

Speaking of friction, the mouse has rubberized pads on the right and left sides, making for a non-slip grip, unlike my previous mouse, which was clearly molded from recycled potato peels or something. The serious point is that I haven't yet found my fingers slipping when accessing any button.

Overall Comfort: A harder-to-define characteristic is how the mouse feels overall. I find my hand and arm less tired, and the grip feels natural to me--it is shaped correctly to my hand. Previous mice, like the piece of... well, let's say "low-priced" mouse that Dell supplied with my computer, forced my hand to conform to the mouse. The result is a feeling of "rightness" when I first take hold of this device.

Battery Recharge: Logitec thought through this one very nicely. I've had the mouse for a week and charged when I first got it. It's been on all this time. BTW, the mouse actually has an "on-off" switch. After I pulled the mouse out of its box, I charged it while I was using it by simply connecting the mini-USB connector to the wall charger. It was then similar to using a wired mouse while it was charging. Logitec also supplies a USB cable so you can charge the mouse from any of your computer's USB ports. No putting the mouse into a cradle to recharge, which prevents you from using the computer.

Receiver Extender Cable (USB): None of Logitec's literature and no review that I've found properly states the simple reason for this cable: when you have problems with erratic pointer movements because of interference, too great a distance from the mouse to the receiver or obstructions between them, this cable enables you to move the receiver closer to the mouse. This gives you a so-called "inverse square-law" advantage in signal strength: for example, at half of the distance between the mouse and the receiver, the mouse's transmitted signal strength is four times higher at the receiver.

I paid $99 for this mouse at Best Buy in NJ. I think that this is a case where paying more gets you more. This mouse is a great product and I recommend it.
1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2009

-Comfortable for LONG periods even though I am much more sensitive to repetitive stress from mice. I have never felt any discomfort with this mouse!

-Rechargeable and replaceable battery

-Superb tracking and features

-The added treat that it seems to have its own mouse acceleration algorithm in OS X, replacing, at least for itself, the (in my opinion) horrible, mud-like, mouse cursor acceleration that is unchangeable in the Mac OS X operating system. (I love everything about my mac but that horrible mouse acceleration!)

Other thoughts:

There is not a single negative thing I could say about this mouse. The only nitpick I can bring up is that I have to use a receiver, which means it takes up one of the only two USB ports on my macbook when I use it. Small price to pay! And if you have three or more USB ports on your laptop, or are using it exclusively on a desktop, this is a non-issue. Of course, giving me a receiver means that I can switch it between computers that don't have bluetooth easily, which is wonderful.

I'm one of those gadget nuts that just owns too many of nearly any computer peripheral. I have had three different tablets, and bought a large variety of mice and game controllers, and I can say with no hesitation that this is the best mouse I have ever owned. I bought the mouse after thinking about how cool the Darkfield technology was, and wanting to try the scrolling thing in the real world. I expected it to perform very well for games, but to give my wrists a hard time just like every other mouse I have owned, (vertical, slanted or horizontal). I have issues with repetitive stress, and basically every mouse I have used has caused me discomfort of one kind or another while using it. This has always been my gripe with performance mice: they look great, and track great, but they ultimately are poorly designed as far as ergonomics go. NOT so with this mouse! It is ergonomic AND has superior performance. It even increased my score and accuracy in UT3 and Quake 3!

I have used this mouse at work, and in games, and in not ideal computer use conditions, and my wrist has not acted up at all, despite long gaming sessions. I am surprised and tickled. I am sure I am going to buy another of these mice so that I can keep one at home and not have to keep moving this one around. I take it with me everywhere now.

If you can afford it, buy it! You won't regret it!
on December 12, 2009
I am a big fan of Logitech product. I would say the Logitech has the best for ergonomic designs for any mice. With the Darkfield technology, Logitech has implemented the microscope technology into a portable mouse that works on any surfaces. Yes! It does work on glass table, smooth reflective material, mirror, and magazine with plastic cover. None of the optical mice technology even Microsoft's Blu Track is as good as Darkfield.

I upgraded the mouse from Revolution MX to Performance MX. The differences are categorized below :

Performance MX has a thicker body and a narrower back compare to Revolution MX. This is suitable even medium and small palm size people. I think Performance MX wins!

Back and Forth buttons:
If you use a lot of back and forth button on your mouse, the traveling distance for the thumb on the Revolution MX is shorter than Performance MX. It doesn't really bother me much but I need some time to get use to. Revolution MX wins slightly.

Thumb Scroll is removed:
A lot of people have complained that the thumb scroll on the Revolution MX is useless, while I think it is quit useful when I set it to control the volume on my PC. The thumb scroll requires me to move my thumb to reach it but I find that compromise okay because I do not have a chance to accidentally press the thumb scroll when I move the mouse around. Logitech removes that thumb scroll on Performance MX. I miss that on the Performance MX. When Logitech removes the thumb wheel at least they should add 3 buttons somewhere on the Performance. Sorry, Revolution MX is slightly better on the number of buttons.

Missing Smart Hyper-scrolling from Revolution MX but added analog tilt:
Performance MX is lacking the electro-mechanical control to automatically switch the scroll between hyper-scroll and regular scroll. The Performance MX has a manual hyper-scroll switch in place of the Revolution MX search button. I feel disappointed about the Performance MX lacking a smart hyper-scroll wheel. To compensate that, Logitech introduces the analog tilt wheel where you can now tilt more to speed up the horizontal scroll speed when working on Excel Spreadsheets. Since vertical scroll is needed more often than horizontal scroll, Revolution MX wins definitely.

Rechargeable using micro USB:
Performance MX does not need an AC charging cradle. It can be charged using micro USB so you can use it while charging at the same time! It also comes with a AC to USB wall charger to charge the mouse. I think Performance MX is definitely the most comfortable mouse to travel without worrying about the battery! Performance MX Wins all the way! This is one of the most important feature to me for travelling. There is a catch though. The USB cable does not do data transfer for the mouse, so you still need the Unify transceiver to use the mouse. That means you need to occupy two USB ports for charging and using.

Included the best removable Sanyo eneloop 2000 mAh Ni-MH Rechargeable AA Battery:
Most people complain about a non-removable rechargeable battery in Revolution MX. Performance MX comes with the best Ni-MH battery. A lot of reviewers forgot or didn't even know Sanyo's eneloop Ni-MH battery self discharges at a very slow rate. A fully charged eneloop battery can maintain 90% of the charge even after 12 months! While other brands of Ni-MH batteries self discharges to 50% after 4 months in room temperature. The storage time for eneloop therefore is the longest in the Market of Ni-MH. eneloop also supports more than 1000 charge cycles. A 2000 mAh Ni-MH battery by Sanyo in Performance MX can last around a week on average depending on the daily usage.
I have to give kudos to Logitech to decide to go for Sanyo's eneloop battery. Because Ni-MH rechargeable batteries can be purchased everywhere. They are also economical. Moreover, any types of AA alkaline battery also work perfectly on Performance MX but make sure you don't charge the non rechargeable alkaline batteries, otherwise it might explode and damage the Performance MX!!! The removable rechargeable AA battery and USB charging feature have topped any Logitech wireless products I've ever used. PERFORMANCE MX wins!!

Logitech Unifying Technology:
Logitech does not want to pay for Bluetooth licensing fee, so they have developed their own Bluetooth-like technology that works for all future Logitech products that support Unifying wireless transmission. I personally think that Unifying technology is easier to use and has really quick response compare to Bluetooth devices. With only a size of a penny, the Unifying USB transceiver is able to connect several mice and keyboards at a time after paring using the Unifying software in Windows or Mac. Once you have paired the Keyboard and Mouse to the USB transceiver, you can immediately use it on any operating system. It worked on my Linux, mac and windows 7 without installing any drivers. It also works on my BIOS of my motherboard. However, if you want to use all the features and re-map the buttons, you have to install the Logitech Setpoint software.
Please note that any Logitech products that do not have Unifying technology are not compatible with the new transceiver, so don't complain that you can't use your old Revolution MX with the new Unifying USB transceiver. Performance MX is the way to go. I would love to marry Logitech products using Unifying!

Inside the traveling bag there are:
- AC to USB wall charger 110 - 220V
- Micro USB cable
- Extension Cable

If you have never owned a Revolution MX and would like the most comfortable mouse on the market that works on any surfaces including glass table, want to combine with any type of Logitech keyboard or mouse using a unifying transceiver, able to charge the mouse with USB while using it, like excellent battery life with Sanyo eneloop, enjoy replaceable Ni-MH or non-rechargeable AA battery, then get Performance MX.
If you don't really care and can tolerate a limited size mouse pad, non-universal larger USB dongle, non removable rechargeable battery, no USB charging, get revolution MX while you can ONLY at clearance price.
review image review image
on September 12, 2009
I've owned a number of Logitech mice -- among others, I've owned the G5, the G9, the VX Nano, the MX1000, the MX Revolution, and now, the Performance Mouse MX. I believe I'm qualified to pass judgment on Logitech's newest pointing device, the Performance Mouse MX.

For starters, the Performance Mouse MX ("PMMX") improves upon the MX Revolution's ("MXR") somewhat kludgy mechanism for switching the scrollwheel from a freewheeling mode to a clicky "detent" mode. Where the MXR required the user to firmly press on the scrollwheel to change modes (often resulting in the mouse generating a scrollwheel button-press event rather than changing the scrollwheel mode), the PMMX uses a button just behind the scrollwheel to switch between those two modes. This is a far less frustrating method, and is also better implemented than the G9 mouse's bottom-mounted mode change button which required that the mouse be turned over to switch modes.

The PMMX also improves upon the MXR's charging design considerably. While the MXR required you to put the mouse in the charging cradle to recharge its battery -- thus rendering the mouse unusable for the duration of the recharge cycle -- the PMMX can be recharged on the fly while the mouse is in use by attaching a micro-USB cable to the front of the mouse and plugging that cable either into a powered USB port or into the back of an included AC-to-5V USB adapter. While Logitech's charging solution isn't nearly as elegant as Microsoft's implementation on their Sidewinder X8 (which uses a thin wire with a magnetized "charging paddle" which grips the front end of the mouse fairly tightly), it is equally as functional and is a quantum leap over the MXR's charging cradle.

Additionally, I could detect no discernable "wireless lag" between the mouse and the PC. The MX1000 had considerable lag as well as occasional glitches in how it interacted with the OS (sometimes resulting in the mouse tracking over only part of the desktop); the MXR still had some lag, enough to make it difficult to play certain "twitch" games (first-person shooters, for the most part), but no show-stopping tracking issues. Also, the PMMX seems to track more smoothly across all the surfaces I've tested it on (wood, cloth, mousepad, glass tabletop, glass patio door) than the MXR ever did; the MXR won't track reliably across glass on its best day, while the PMMX seems to be surface-agnostic, as it tracks equally reliably across every surface I've tested.

All in all, the Performance Mouse MX is a worthy successor to the MX Revolution, and would also serve well as a wireless gaming mouse. Its few flaws are outweighed by its improvements on its predecessor. I heartily recommend it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 6, 2010
Logitech's MX Revolution was Logitech's top of the line mouse and was truly revolutionary with the introduction of the hyper-fast scroll wheel, rechargeable battery, and great performance. In competing with Microsoft's BlueTrack laser technology, Logitech developed their own Darkfield laser technology. Both technologies provide better tracking on more surfaces, including the dreaded glass table top. Logitech's new top dog mouse, the Performance Mouse MX, while not as revolutionary as the MX Revolution, definitely deserves it's top billing.

- Amazing Darkfield tracking (100 - 1500dpi)
- Comfortable
- Switchable hyper-fast scroll wheel
- Includes leatherette accessory case
- Great 3 year warranty

- Bigger than the MX Revolution
- Thumb buttons placed too high
- No charging dock like MX Revolution
- Scroll wheel less configurable than MX Revolution

Like a lot of people, I used to have the MX Revolution. It was my favorite mouse of all time and nothing else even came close. The Performance MX has done an admirable job in following up the Revolution. It's as close to a perfect mouse as I've ever used.

The Darkfield tracking works. Whether that will be a selling point is debatable since many people still rely on mouse pads, including myself, and don't need the added tracking abilities. However, I have to say that it glides smoother than any mouse I have ever used. I'm not sure if it's the gliding feet or the Darkfield laser but it glides effortlessly on my cheap Belkin mouse pad. Out of the box, there are no dpi switching buttons but I configured the Forward button on mine for dpi switching using the SetPoint software. You can even configure which two dpi settings you want to switch to. This would be useful if you decide to use the Performance MX as your gaming mouse too so you can set it for the max 1500 dpi and when done, switch it back to a more normal 800-1000 dpi. It took me a few days to find the right combination of dpi and cursor speed for my use.

I find the Performance MX to be very comfortable, but not as comfortable as the Revolution. The Revolution was smaller and allowed my fingers to rest more easily on the front edge of the left/right mouse buttons. I'm not sure why, but ever since the MX1100 by Logitech, they have been making humongous mice. Fortunately, Logitech did shrink the Performance MX down a little bit. The MX1100 was unusable for me so I'm very grateful that Logitech made the Performance MX smaller. However, I am not as grateful that they raised the thumb buttons to a location that is far more difficult to reach than the Revolution. With SetPoint though, I easily reassigned the useless Zoom button to be the Back button and that worked out for me. I will also mention that the hyper-fast scroll wheel works well and can be switched to ratcheting and back by using a mechanical switch just under the scroll wheel. Logitech has received a lot of flack for removing the scroll wheel feature within SetPoint that auto-shifted to free-spin. Though I did configure my Revolution to auto-shift, I'm not nearly as upset about it's exclusion as some have voiced.

Battery life on the Performance MX is very good. My MX Revolution lasted just under a week when fully charged. The Performance MX though, lasts over a week and half, but YMMV depending on your usage. The battery is user replaceable since it's a 2000mAh Sanyo Eneloop AA battery. I love how Logitech is starting to include the Eneloop batteries in their rechargeable mice instead of using proprietary batteries. Logitech does not recommend you use regular alkaline AA batteries though. This is probably a safety precaution so that you don't accidentally try to charge an alkaline battery. Who knows what would happen if that occurred. Logitech includes a micro USB cable for charging, that you can use straight from your computer or with the included AC adapter. I personally preferred the charging dock on the Revolution but using the micro USB cable is fine and adds flexibility for travel. In fact, you never have worry about your mouse being unusable due to a dead battery since you can continue to use the Performance MX while charging. I used to have a Logitech wired G9 gaming mouse plugged in at all times to serve as not only my gaming mouse but also a backup mouse in case my Revolution's batteries were low. Now, there's no need.

The unifying nano receiver works very well in my environment, even plugged directly into the back of my computer, which sits on the floor under my desk. I have a cordless phone and a single-band wireless N router on my desk and there is no noticeable interference among those devices. Interestingly though, there is no place to store the nano receiver in the mouse itself, so be sure to store it in the accessory pouch should you decide to take it with you on the road.

Without a doubt, I consider the Logitech Performance MX to be the best non-gaming mouse ever. It did fall slightly below the MX Revolution in comfort, but made up for it with flexibility and solid performance. If you're looking for a new high-end mouse, the Performance MX should make the vast majority of users happy. MX Revolution users should keep their expectations modest, but I personally have fallen in love with the Performance MX.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2011
I have owned this mouse since 11/10. I also own the Logitech Anywhere Mouse. Both mice are terrific in their operation and ergonomics. I use the Performance mouse with my desktop and the more portable Anywhere Mouse with my laptop.

The main problem with the Performance Mouse is battery life. The Performance Mouse uses an NIMH battery that needs recharging anywhere from 3 to 5 days, while the Anywhere Mouse uses 2 off the shelf AA batteries which last at least 3 months before needing replacement. The battery life issue is annoying enough to downgrade the Performance rating to 3 stars while I would give the Anywhere mouse 5 stars. The Performance mouse is well engineered except for this issue. Why Logitech went down this battery path is a mystery to me.

Having known what I know now, I would have bought 2 Anywhere mice.

6/30/11 Update: I e-mailed my battery issue to Logitech and they responded the next day that the mouse is defective and offered a replacement. All they asked was a return e-mail with the appropriate information and an attached jpeg of the receipt. I will update this review on receipt of the new mouse and determination of battery life. If all is well I will change my rating.

7/13/11 Update: I received the new mouse directly from Logitech on 7/6. It came fully charged so I immediately started using it, retiring the faulty mouse. As of today the new mouse is going strong on the same charge. My older mouse would be getting close to its 2nd recharge at this point. I have to say I am impressed with Logitech support and backing of this product and I am therefore changing my rating to 5 star.
on February 16, 2013
These are my initial impressions after less than an hour. I will update after a while.

First, this mouse is awesome. There is a really high quality aesthetic to every aspect of it. The packageing, the materials, even the amazing leather (pleather?) pouch is an amazing touch. But the biggest surprise, for me who didn't do too much research or look at the user pictures, is the use of the eneloop battery. For years I have wanted devices to use universal rechargeable batteries with a USB port to recharge the batteries while still in the device. I had given up on this until I saw the Logitech Performance Mouse MX. To have an Eneloop AA that I can recharge in my existing battery chargers, but also via USB plugged into the mouse is sort of a game changer. First of all it allows for a non-proprietary way to replace the battery on the fly. Theoretically any rechargeable AA should work.

Also a plus that I am new to is the unifying receiver. Once I installed the app for it I immediately got it working so now I have a K750 solar keyboard and wireless mouse on my hackintosh. Loving the experience thus far.

Mouse Movement is amazingly smooth especially coming from a mouse with thin pads that were acting up. It is also nice that there is a finger slot to remove the pads for replacement. I am debating purchasing spare set right now. I would hate to find that they aren't in stock in a year when this mouse has been discontinued. They are 2.00 so the question will be shipping.

I confirmed that the mouse is useable while tethered to a USB cable for charging.

At this point I am upset that the navigation keys aren't working out of the box in OSX Mountain Lion. This is why I bought the mouse, to replace my Razer Black Mamba and Lachesis. I will install all the software until I find a way to get it to work.
on September 9, 2011
I also experienced the middle mouse wheel not registering the clicks because the scroll was too sensitive. Even the slightest movement would put me out of position to register a middle click. However, by changing the settings in the provided SetPoint software I was able to eliminate the issue.

In the SetPoint software, go-to 'Pointer and Scrolling Settings.'

On the right side under 'Scrolling Size' you have two options:

1. Selecting Lines: Allows you to select the amount of lines to skip when you register one resistive scroll (scrolling the middle wheel until it stops through its own designed resistance). The options provides you with the ability to skip 1 line, 3 lines, 6 lines, or a full screen.

2. 'Enable Smooth Scrolling': Provides the ability to scroll through the page in very short lines AKA 'sensitive middle scroll wheel'. To be honest, it doesn't feel smooth, rather it's herky-jerky. By UNCHECKING the box for 'Enable Smooth Scrolling' I was able to easily register middle mouse wheel clicks. Now, there's no more sensitive movement of the scroll wheel when trying to open a new tab or close the tabs. Rather, it now registers exactly what I want the middle button to do.

*NOTE* 'Enable Smooth scrolling' here is NOT the hyper-fast scrolling feature that you enable by clicking the button below the scroll wheel.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2011
I received this product as a replacement for my Revolution MX about a year ago, and like many folks, I was initially disappointed. In particular, I hated the charging system: I would simply rest my Revolution MX on its cradle, but with my new mouse, I had to deal with a battery. I also found that the battery life only lasted me a day or at most two with decent usage. I am happy to report that one year in, my initial concerns have been relieved.

First, the battery life. I don't know if the Eneloop needs "priming" the way older generations of rechargeables did, but my battery life has improved dramatically after the first few weeks. Now my battery lasts a week, sometimes more, without recharging. Unlike another poster, I have not had to replace my battery or use a separate charger (though I imagine you could); moreover, I now see the replaceability of the battery as a real benefit, because if my battery ever does go sour, I can just replace it.

Second, the cradle. With my longer battery life, I don't really miss it anymore. In fact, I don't think about battery life at all unless I get a low-battery warning; in that case, I just plug in the charging cable and CONTINUE TO USE MY MOUSE. This is a biggie! Before, if I forgot to charge my Revolution, I couldn't use my mouse. Now I can, and although the cable is annoying, the battery charges in a couple of hours so it's not a big deal.

One last thing. A lot of people say they miss the automatic switching from click to free scroll mode, but I don't. I've had to exchange FOUR Revolution MXes because the free scroll mode stopped working properly (it would get hard to spin, as if there was gunk accumulated in the system). My Performance MX has given me zero trouble when I want to free scroll over the last year. I don't know if the two are related--maybe they could have fixed the spinning and kept the automatic switching--but if there was a tradeoff, it's one I'm happy to make.

Other reviews more than adequately cover the other aspects of this mouse. I have had it and its predecessor design for over five years, and it's served me well. I find it comfortable, well-built, stylish, and functional. I have never been disappointed by a Logitech product, and despite my early reservations about this mouse, my confidence is now restored.