1,304 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishment is an Understatement (UPDATED: 1.5 YEAR MARK)
First of all, after using Amazon for more than five years, I have never written a single review for a product. It is simply that nothing that I have previously purchased on Amazon was worthy of taking the time that writing a review requires.

This particular product of Logitech, however, has made an impression that will last for months to come.

The...
Published on April 8, 2011 by SigmaV

Important: Please read latest update regarding the battery below.

Published on June 27, 2011 by Thanehand

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishment is an Understatement (UPDATED: 1.5 YEAR MARK), April 8, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 (Personal Computers)

The first thing you notice when you receive the item is, well, nothing. The packaging on the outside of the product is exactly what one would expect from Logitech, nicely printed in both color and quality. The genius of the packaging design, however, lies within the box. Logitech has revolutionized how a technological "green" product should be packaged. Where in this case the keyboard is packaged using nearly 100% of cardboard materials. Furthermore, there is not a single piece of paper within the box, as both instructions and manuals are cleverly integrated onto the reverse side of the outer box and the inner carton. This clever method by Logitech has not only reduced the amount of environmental impact through unwanted materials, it has also made me feel less guilty from having the ability to throw the entire packaging into the recycle bin.

The second thing you notice after taking out the keyboard is how incredibly light and thin it is. There are several introductory tags on the keyboard itself that shows its features and one of them kept the battery separate from the circuit. There is also a protective layer on the front side of the keyboard covering the surface, of which I have not yet removed since it does not interrupt the usage of the keyboard itself.

After a simple process of pairing it with my Performance MX's unifying receiver, the driver was installed within seconds and the K750 was ready to go. The keyboard itself includes a unifying receiver and a signal booster, I just did not need them.

The typing itself is a thrill. While feeling like a laptop keyboard, the keys generate enough "bounce" on your fingers that allows the smoothest of input just like a desktop keyboard. I own both the Logitech G11 and Logitech DiNovo Edge (Was nearly $250 when it was purchased), and I can easily say that the K750 beats their "feel" hands down.

I have heard many complaints about Logitech keyboards not being "game ready" because it cannot take more than a certain amount of keys at a single time. Well, in my rudimentary tests it was able to handle up to 6 characters at the same time, where if 8 keys are simultaneously pushed down it will input the first six. I am not sure what the exact problem with the previous keyboards were, but I hope this will at least answer a few questions.

Furthermore, the keyboard prop legs on the N750 is very stable, contrary to that of a previous review. It was able to stand firm on a surface where my DiNovo Edge likes to slide around.

Thin, light, green, great feel, no charging required, numpad and an ingenious Logitech design has combined forces to create arguably the best piece of computer peripheral.

Thank you for taking the time to read this review, as it was nothing less than an amazing experience for me to type up with my new K750.

--------------------------------------------------

UPDATE - 1.5 YEAR MARK

After almost a year and a half of heavy usage on the K750, I figure it is time to give y'all a progress update.

THE GOOD:

The battery holds up against the test of time extremely well, never dipping below 80% charge in a well-lit room. In darker rooms, all I have to do is stick it near a window every 2 month or so to return it to full charge. It is no hassle compared to other options out there.

The keyboard's keys still feels as good as the first day I started using it.

Durability of the keyboard is amazing. It's shape had held it's ground through many forms of physical torture.

THE BAD:

The keyboard's glossy surface has incurred countless minor scratches during my travels with it. My recommendation is to not remove the protective film that came with the keyboard, or to transport the keyboard in it's original box if you would like to keep it's condition pristine.

The logo on the receiver rubbed off after staying on my laptop for a 6 months or so, but that is understandable on any product.

One of the rubber legs in the bottom left corner fell off after many times of transportation in my backpack. Actually I am surprised that it had not fell of earlier with the way I handled the keyboard. Again, I recommend keeping it in the box when moving it around.

THE UGLY:

Unfortunately the keyboard refused to pair with a receiver at the 1.5 year mark. It is a strange problem shared by a few buyers, and the solution to the problem varied. Some say to "shake" the keyboard and it will work, some say to remove and reinsert the battery, and etc... Personally, my diagnostics procedures included:

Pairing with another receiver
Reinstalling software
Deleting the driver manually (USBDEVIEW)
Using another computer
Pairing other devices using the same receiver
Reinserting the battery
Shaking the device (See Above)

Nothing worked. The computer simply did not want to see the keyboard.

Therefore, I contacted Logitech Support and asked for a RMA. After a relatively painless process of submitting your information, a replacement was on its way to my doorstep. Strangely, Logitech did not want its broken device back, unlike most other RMAs.

And here is where it gets good:

The replacement K750 is a BRAND NEW RENDITION of the keyboard.

The border of the keyboard as well as the back is no longer white, it is now a metallic black color.

The logo between the solar panels is updated to a newer version, and is slightly bigger.

The keys are slightly louder and lighter on the press. It feels ever-so-slightly looser while does not compromise the feel of quality.

Instead of yellow functional keys, they are now blue. Personally I like the yellow better as it stands out more.

Overall, the new keyboard is significantly lower profile than the version I had, while retaining the functionality and size of the original.

Oh and did I mention it is brand new? I can say without hesitation that Logtech support is one of top-dogs of the industry, next to the likes of Amazon or Apple.

A twist to the story:

Apparently during my RMA process, my old K750 has had some time to think things over and decided to revive itself to fight another day. It is now working perfectly again without any work on my part other than to leave it alone for 2 weeks or so... If you are looking for answers I have none... My best guess is that the keyboard reset itself after not being used for so long, who knows?

Conclusion:

The K750 is still the best typing keyboard I have used to-date. Even with minor/major hiccups there is nothing for you to worry about when it comes to Logitech's world class support. After the whole ordeal I ended up with my old K750 working again and a brand new one to boot.

Thank you Logitech. And thank you for reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Idea for a Keyboard, April 4, 2011
Holly (Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 (Personal Computers)
My biggest concern before buying this keyboard was that it would die too often. Let me first explain how these concerns were put to rest after several months of use. I use this keyboard in a room with a single window that is covered by both blinds and curtains. I also use the keyboard at least 10 feet from the window and the light in the room is off for most of the day. The keyboard gets several hours of use daily and I have never flipped the hardware power switch off. The power level, however, has never dropped below 100%.

Next, the "PerfectStroke key system" and "Incurve Keys" really are comfortable and make typing easier. I particularly like the way the key feels when you press down. You get a very small amount of feedback almost resembling the old IBM keyboards, but without the loud clicking. I agree that it is a bit like tapping on a laptop. The big difference, however, is that the keys on the k750 are much sturdier than those on your usual notebook PC.

As for the connection, I was a bit worried that the new super-small "unifying receiver" would not provide adequate signal. This is incorrect. In fact, this small transponder works much better than Logitech's older stick version. It is on the back of my pc and so has to see through an aluminum computer chassis as well as a wooden desk, about 4 feet total distance. I've never had a problem with the signal on either my mouse or this keyboard.

Finally, the software for the keyboard is pretty much what you'd expect. You press the sunlight button and a dialog pops up on your computer telling you the "LUX" (amount of light) your keyboard is getting and how much battery power is remaining. There is also a function key which you use in combination with the top row of keys to do things like open your internet browser, pause a song, mute/increase/decrease the volume, etc.

One downside, according to my wife, is that it looks like I'm using a giant old-school calculator. I think this is not true at all: the solar panels are a dark red while the keyboard is black. This causes the solar panels to not really be noticeable unless you are looking for them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wireless; Never replace batteries; very comfortable, March 23, 2011
Nemeo (Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 (Personal Computers)
I wasn't specifically looking for a 'solar' keyboard, but this works great.
The design/feel is about the same as typing on recent Apple keyboards where the keys are like 'chiclet' candies.

It's very comfortable and easy to use. I was looking for an ergonomic replacement for my aging/sticky Microsoft wireless ergonomic keyboard... I was sick of changing out rechargeable batteries all the time.

This uses a VERY tiny USB adapter which allows other wireless logitech devices to connect to 1 adapter.

PROS:
-very comfortable / fast typing / very responsive
-not overly 'fancy' with all kinds of volume/media controls... although it does have the capability for some functionality such as music, shortcuts, media controls, calculator, etc...
-VERY thin (feels like typing on a thin laptop)
-you don't "need" to install any software... so it should work on Linux for basic functionality

CONS:
-not 'ergonomic' / wave-shaped
-shiny black surface might attrack some fingerprints, but it's not too bad as it seems
-incline 'feet' are a little thin, not very stable (but I don't use them)

SOLAR:
-I was worried the solar panels might not get enough light but I've never had the built-in batteries drop below 100% (I'm within a few feet of a window
-overhead room lights are more than sufficient to charge solar panels
-cool little 'Solar App' shows if you're getting enough light at that particular time

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Windows/Mac OS X, gaming, some KVMs (Updated after over 2 years), June 27, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 (Personal Computers)
Important: Please read latest update regarding the battery below.

I was looking for something wireless that would work with my KVM switch (IOGear) and be compatible with Windows AND Mac OS X. This works great out of the box with both. The size is great and it has a very low profile. Two fold out legs provide two fixed angle options. The solar aspect of this is an "it's about time!" feature and seems to work marvelously well -- even in constant low lighting.

The description "Solar-powered keyboard: No battery hassles ..." is a bit deceiving though. The keyboard IS in fact battery powered and the solar panels charge the battery. The single coin-cell battery is user-replaceable, although it is really difficult to get out without marring the keyboard and there is a big sticker on the battery that says not to replace it. A button on the keyboard shows a happy or sad indicator regarding the amount of light being received. Mine is always a "sad face" due to low lighting, but the battery has remained charged at 100%. There is an easy-to-access on/off switch right on the keyboard if you need to conserve more.

The keyboard keys are similar to most laptop style keyboards (square/flat), which I personally prefer. The Windows and ALT keys are a bit on the small side (they're the same size as regular letter keys) and there aren't any caps/number/scroll lock indicator lights. Windows software is available for on-screen display though.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the white border and underside of the keyboard. It looks okay, but I imagine it won't age well.

Lastly, as a casual gamer, I can confirm that this keyboard supports multiple, simultaneous keypresses so you'll be able to run, jump and shoot at the same time :)

For Mac OS X users that are contemplating getting this, here is some compatibility info and other tidbits that I couldn't find anywhere else:

* There's only one Windows key (which correlates to the Apple/Command key on the Mac) and the positioning of it is a bit awkward for keyboard shortcuts on the Mac, however ...

* Remapping ALT keys to Apple/Command and the Windows key to ALT/OPTION makes it feel MUCH more natural, but leaves you with only one ALT/OPTION key on the left side. Though, the tradeoff is that you will instead have two Apple/Command keys. As mentioned, the ALT and Command keys are a bit small.

* The volume adjustment on the keyboard works great with OS X as do normal function keys (spaces, expose, etc)

* There are only 12 function keys, which means that brightness/contrast don't have keyboard shortcuts without some fiddling

* The INSERT key maps to the native HELP key in OS X as expected

* Because there's no native eject key, F12 is remapped to CD/DVD eject by default (and OPTION+F12 for a second drive), which means you'll have to find something else for Dashboard if you use that key for it

* Because it doesn't technically support OS X, you can't run the cool software that tells you how charged the battery is

* If you want on-screen notification on OS X for caps lock, you'll need to use one of the many third-party tools to do so (ie. Capster, CapSee, CAPS Warn, etc)

* Numlock works as the native CLEAR key as expected

----------

Update (12/22/2013):

Over two years and not one complaint. Keyboard works as good as it did on day 1. As others have mentioned, the battery is holding up great and I occasionally have to set it near a Window to recharge because my office is somewhat dark. The rubber feet on the bottom have slid around a bit unfortunately (expected since they're stick-ons) but so far I've been able to simply reposition them.

If I had to pick something not so great, it would be the relatively regular cleaning I have to do because the shiny surface shows fingerprints galore :)

----------

Update (04/10/2014):

I am updating my rating to three stars. A few years in and I have now discovered what many people with the same keyboard have -- Logitech considers the battery non-user replaceable. Their support site specifically states "The K750 keyboard comes with a rechargeable ML2032 button-cell battery. It can't be replaced." and "NOTE: The battery is not replaceable."

Which means that they expect you to throw away the keyboard, even if it is in perfectly working order, when the battery no longer can maintain a charge.

You can with a little effort actually replace the battery, but the difficultly lies in providing a third-party battery supplier and making sure you get the correct battery. While my keyboard remains in like-new condition, I have been struggling with battery issues now.

With Logitech's stance on the battery issue, I can no longer recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, bad battery, November 14, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 (Personal Computers)
The idea sounded great, solar-powered keyboard that never requires battery replacement ever again. The product delivered on that promise, for a short while. It was easy to recharge, dimly-lit room is sufficient to keep the power reading about 95%. Keyboard was responsive, stylish, light, types well.

Life was good until about 2 months of light daily use. For all intents and purposes, the "rechargeable battery" in the keyboard turned into a living hell. No amount of charging is enough to keep the power above 50%. Leaving the keyboard about 6 inches away from a 13W CFL (probably equivalent to 60W incadescent?) for 4 hours each morning is REQUIRED for the keyboard to be useable at all. Otherwise there is not even enough charge for keys to register.

I did two things:
a. I took the battery out, and saw that it was ML2032. Looked around, nobody apparently sells it at a reasonable price, on ebay and some other retailer, Maxell branded (same brand as the one in the keyboard) was about $10 apiece. And some UK seller selling cheaper looking unbranded ML2032 for $5. In my mind, if Maxell is this bad, I don't want to even bother with the cheaper looking one. Passed on that.
b. I contacted logitech, hoping they would just send me a replacement battery. All communication was through email, and they want me to send in the keyboard and pay for the shipping. No sir.

Either way I look at it, I'd be out of $10 or more.

Then I thought, isn't CR2032 the same sized battery? And it has more charge (CR2032 typically 200+ mAH, and ML2032 is about 60mAH), and can be obtained very cheaply (roughly 20 to 50 cents apiece from ebay). I thought I had just found the perfect solution until I read in the keyboard manual, that you should not put in a CR2032. It made sense, a lot of sense. After all, the keyboard "recharges" by converting solar energy to electricity and store in the battery, right? And what do those lithium button batteries have in common? "Thou shall not recharge them" because they can explode! I actually found a youtube video showing button battery explode while researching this issue, woah, don't want THAT to happen to my face while typing.

Update:
The battery is now available for sale in logitech's store for $5 each. It would have been nice if the batteries were provided free of charge because the keyboard is still under warranty, but at least you can get it if you want.
[...]

1.0 out of 5 stars This is International version, not the US version, November 19, 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 (Personal Computers)
Amazon is sending the international version of this keyboard out instead of the US version. There appears to be a mixup. I ordered two of them, they were both the international and not the US version. They came from two different Fulfilled by Amazon sellers.
[...]

Notice that there are backslashes to the left of the enter key and also to the right of the left shift key. Within 5 minutes of using this keyboard, most if not all Americans will be driven truly nuts. The website shows Logitech model number 920-002912, but Amazon is sending out Logitech model number 920-002929

Here's the international layout: [...]
Here's a standard US layout that should be being sent out. [...]

I notice this was reported in another review yesterday http://www.amazon.com/review/R19FRQ67YNLP4V Very frustrating, Amazon needs to fix this immediately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Performance but Easily Scratched, May 18, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 (Personal Computers)
I'm very pleased with the functionality of the keyboard. Just a few cosmetic quibbles mar the rating.

Pros:
- The solar cells work as well as everyone says. I haven't had to worry about a low charge yet. The software to monitor charge and solar cell status isn't really necessary but it's a nice touch. Hoping there's a windows desktop gadget that can show the status instead.
- Keys are the slightest bit clicky but have really good force/travel with a solid feeling detent as each key activates.
- Contoured surface on the top of each key feels good to the touch.
- It just works. No drama. No dropped connections or lag. If I didn't know better, I'd assume it was a wired keyboard in this respect.
- Unifying receiver works as advertised and pairing it with the M510 mouse along with the keyboard is painless.

Cons:
- The piano black applique that frames the keys and houses the "windows" for the solar cells is pulling up ever so slightly in two spots along the edge between the solar cells creating a slightly warped appearance. Pressing firmly in the areas of concern seems to reintroduce the applique to its adhesive again. It's a minor annoyance.
- Also, the keyboard comes with a cleaning cloth for two good reasons (or bad reasons depending on your perspective). First, the piano black finish fingerprints like crazy (no surprise) and along with the dust it shows, you'll be cleaning it on a regular basis. Second, if you don't use the cleaning cloth or something equally gentle, be prepared for scratches which have an immediate and permanent negative impact on the appearance. I couldn't find the cleaning cloth at one point and used a soft cotton wash cloth to wipe it down which resulted in literally hundreds of microfine scratches all over the surface. It was my mistake, of course. A hardcoat on the applique would have been a nice addition.

Hope this helps and enjoy.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good keyboard disappointingly held back by a poor design choice., April 20, 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 (Personal Computers)
Finding the words to review the K750 is harder than I expected before sitting down to do it. I want to stress that the K750 itself is a great keyboard but the battery and battery replacement design make it a frustration at times. I'll start with the positive, the K750 has a clean sleek design that is similar to many of our modern phones. It is slim as it can be, keys that are not highly necessary have been removed, the height of the keys have been reduced to those of a laptop, and the whole surface is a reflective piano black with a somewhat of a matte white back. This thing is something that you can carry exposed between offices, dorms, and get inquires about as you do, since it has such an attractive design.

As for functionality, the important part, the K750 delivers in most aspects. In the sound department, the K750 is as quiet as most keyboards can get. It's extremely responsive to the lightest touch and with the laptop style of the keys, you won't be bothering someone when working on business or personal projects during the night. The keys are also well spaced to help avoid hitting double keys, which we fast typers can do on occasion when we get in the "zone". The receiver that comes with the K750 is low profile and can be paired with other compatible wireless Logitech products. So you won't have to worry about a unsightly USB receiver sticking out of your computer. In functionality, the K750 really only lacks in a small area which would be that number lock and caps lock key light-up status display has been removed and replaced with a small power tab and battery status indicator for the keyboard. So that can be a deal breaker for some if they want readily visual confirmation as to which locks are on.

For games, the K750 does the job great. If you're into fast reaction FPS, you might need a different keyboard but I've played numerous high paced games on this and have yet to find a problem with its responsiveness and comfort when hitting multiple keys at a fast pace. The K750 also comes with software that allows the user some customization, as well provide a detail battery status widget for your computer home screen. It's something nice to have but for users like myself, that dislike installing unnecessary software, you won't be missing much.

Now for the bad, the battery changing process of the K750. The K750 is billed as a hassle free solar powered keyboard but this isn't entirely true. It's really a keyboard using a ML2032 battery that is continually charged via the solar panels and therefore, the battery will need to be changed at some point since it will fail. In my two year ownership, I've had to call Logitech customer service twice for a battery replacement under warranty as the battery beings to die after 6 to 8 months use. Around this time frame the battery begins to hover around 60% charged and steadily declines from there as more time passes by until it can no longer hold a charge. Dealing with Logitech customer service is not a hassle as they are friendly and quickly address the issue but it's the short life of the battery and the changing process that really gets me. As something that is being billed as a solar powered keyboard, the battery in the ML2032 should not fail so frequently when a good source of light is available to it at all times, and worse, the battery changing process shouldn't feel like a painful chore. But it seems the designers got intoxicated with their own hype of a "battery free" keyboard and made the battery changing process of the keyboard a huge frustration. The ML2032 is located in a tab in the back of the keyboard that must be removed with force and it's held in by pressure tabs. Instead of having a simple slide in and out tab, the designers decided to make it as difficult as possible to remove the tab by making it so you have to forcibly pull the tab, then while still pulling you have to try and reach the small pressure points under the tab to squeeze, both which are still mostly out of reach at this point because most of their body still rests inside the keyboard. Then while you somehow managed to do all the mentioned simultaneously, you have to give one final pull to remove the tab. You're going to need some sort of tool for this, or a third hand, and be prepared to have to damage the tab in the process as it's made of weak plastic. I can't comprehend why the battery changing process on this keyboard was made so difficult. Even if you wanted to give the illusion that a battery did not have to be changed, why frustrate the owner even more by making the process so difficult once they actually had to do it?

This poor design is why I had to rate the K750 at three stars. They keyboard is beautiful and well designed for functionality but a "solar powered" keyboard should not have such a short battery life as it just makes it a fancy regular wireless keyboard that has an extremely painful battery changing process. So the best way I can sum it up is that most users will love the K750 when the battery is holding a charge. Once you need to change the battery, you'll hate it for a while then grow to love it again, and this process will repeat each time the battery needs replacing. We'll I hope you found my review insightful as I wanted to give the best view of the K750 as I could.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to use keyboard within 6 months, July 5, 2012
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 (Personal Computers)
I got this keyboard as a gift for my husband. Within 6 months it stopped working. When we called Logitech they suggested trying a new battery. Unfortunately when we tried to order the battery from Logitech, they said it was unavailable. They suggested amazon or eBay. We tried both but couldn't find any in stock. We called Logitech again and were told to try the retailer. We tried the retailer - no luck. Finally my husband found the batteries available from the united kingdom. Three weeks later we had batteries. Besides replacing the battery, we also had to remove the battery tray - .The battery tray is extremely difficult to remove so we called Logitech again to notify them that we were concerned it would break. They told us not to worry about it and it would be documented that we had called with this concern. So now we seemingly had everything we needed - but then the battery tray wouldn't go back in to the keyboard. I called Logitech again and requested a replacement piece. They don't have one and were unable to help us replace the keyboard without just buying a new one. So now, 6 months after buying the keyboard and 3 weeks of trying to get it to work, we are still out a keyboard. Just a word of warning - if the keyboard stops working Logitech probably won't be any help at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the correct item - amazon is shipping out the international version as the U.S. version., November 21, 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 (Personal Computers)
Amazon is sending the international version of this keyboard out instead of the US version. There is defintely a mix up. The box was correct except for an "international version" sticker. Open it up, it is' the wrong item. I have to return them all. Very inconvenient.

Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750