Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lomanco BIB-12 MILL Whirlybird Turbine Ventilator
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 29, 2012
I had two of the externally braced version of these installed on my roof in the early '80s. The shiny bare aluminum weathered to a nice dull light gray over the years and they spun quietly through about 30 years of Gulf Coast storms and hurricanes until the bearings failed recently. I called Lomanco with the code numbers on them and they had replacements delivered to my door free of charge. I was slightly disappointed that the new ones are smaller than the old ones. They are about the same diameter, but noticeably shorter, so I think they will be slightly more restrictive to airflow. Still, I am happy overall with my Lomanco Whirlybirds.
on June 25, 2013
The previous turbine mysteriously disappeared, so I got this to replace it.

I used the previously installed base, removed what was left of the previous turbine frame, slapped this one on and screwed it in to the previous holes.

It was a windy day, and this thing was spinning like its tail was on fire, yet I could hear nothing. I'm going to order another to replace the not-yet-disappeared turbine, which is squeaking like a mouse on crack.

CS
on August 31, 2012
I replaced my old, rusty, squeaky galvanized turbines with a pair of these beauties. They are 100% aluminum so no more rust, permanently lubed sealed ball bearings so no more squeaks and since they are about half the weight, the wind spins them much easier.
They also have a LIFETIME guarantee!
on January 1, 2014
This works very well for venting my house. Two Whirlybirds is the right amount for my 900 square foot house. One came with the bottom flashing bent, but it was easy to flatten it back out. I live in snow country, so after a deep snowfall I'll scoop the snow away from them, otherwise they won't turn freely, but that's not a big deal for me. I might put on an extension pipe sometime in the future. My neighbors also have whirlybirds of other manufacturers, and mine seem to turn at about the same speed as theirs. As an aside, I opened up my soffit vents well and plugged my gable vents, so the air is drawn through my attic in the most efficient way.
on November 26, 2013
If you are looking to ventilate your attic than this one is the one to get! It was easy easy to install. Consider though running a bead of Silicon around all of the edges where the metals meet to seal the deal! Once you seal it in you'll notice it won't even come close to leaking. Believe me I live in Florida and I know rain. You'll see your electric bill drop soon after installing this with a cooler attic.
on June 15, 2014
This thing installed easy and works great. my garage was 20-30 degrees hotter than outside before and now is equal as outside temp. Also no leaks what so ever checked it in a down pour. I should've bought this sooner.
VINE VOICEon May 8, 2015
Our shed is quite large and the heat does build out here in the desert. We find that the turbo on this really spins rapidly in the wind. That is great and also, it is very quiet. If you did not notice that it was installed, you would not know that it was there. Great price and great item to exhaust the hot air.G
on March 20, 2015
Installed two of these turbines on my roof before winter. Chose to not cover them since they were aluminum and impervious to weather. Now it's spring and they look exactly the same as when I installed them! No installation problems, well packaged from manufacturer in shipping so both arrived without damage, company is a long time making these turbines and it shows in excellent quality of items. Best price was on Amazon, fast shipping, would recommend to anyone.
on May 8, 2015
Great "whirlybird". Hardest part of installation was cutting a round hole. Would recommend going into attic and driving a nail upward at the center of the rafters. In my case I placed a nail at 36" down from the roof peak and centered between rafters. I used a piece of 6 " twine attached to the nail and a marker to draw the circle for the cut-out. When placing the base under the shingles, I should have started placing the base under the lower shingles. When I finished, only the top part of the flashing was under the shingles. Will wait and see if I get a leak.
on August 18, 2015
I ordered 2 of these for my garage. I installed one and it was not turning much at all, even when spinning by hand I found that it would stop rather quickly. I replaced it with the other one I bought and it's easily spinning twice as well, although still not on par with my neighbors.