Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:$65.99+ $19.15 shipping

on July 9, 2012
7/9/12 - 1pm

First I have to say that the shipping and delivery took exactly 12 days, Amazon estimated delivery was saying 3 weeks???
When the 2 boxes came ( I bought 2, my place is 1428sqf ), they were all banged up very very bad and
I was scared that they were damaged.
When my roofer opened the boxes this morning at 7am the head of the turbines were perfect but the bottoms were indeed very curved and banged by the bad UPS job.( UPS has been very bad for me the last 3 big purchases that I made, they either dropped the boxes too many times and broke the content or didn't know my address and delivered it to a different address. after multiple calls I ended up knowing the real address UPS delivered it to and it was a block away from my house?????????).

To come back to the turbines, my roofer said that, as they were in aluminum they were easy "foldable" and can be fix easy.
I think Lomanco should be more careful on their packaging and change the way they ship their stuff, it may be broken easy.

So it took 3 hours to install 2 14" Turbines Black.
(And from the roof of the building the 14" were the biggest one of all, when everybody else used 12"...)

One turbine head did not turn very easy when I was pushing it with my hand and the other one was very loose and was turning forever... which is good. more they turn more they do the job.
I was concerned and added some special lifetime grease from Germany named "Wurth" that I had and it got better.
Once installed, they are at +1 foot from the roof so they can catch the wind very easy and both were turning like crazy...
At this time I was very happy and could not wait to take the temperature under my roof to see what my investment brought me!

Yesterday in San Diego at 3pm, peak heat, it was under my roof = 105.2F (82F out) and now it went down to 85F !!!!!!
Now I am very very happy, my roof does not feel congested and heavy air as before...( I did not have any ventilation before, and my roof is flat).

I looked online for roof turbines reviews thinking somebody is going to say how many degrees I can save after install and nobody says anything about it? why? it is the main point of having a turbine.... To have a cooler place...

So please Amazon customers... tell us how many degrees you have saved, so other people can purchase those great turbines.

Olivier
Rum Cake Lounge.
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 9, 2012
Spins even in the lightest breeze. Shipped promptly and had it installed on my roof in less than 1 hour. Reduced temperature in my attic by 20-30 degrees.
on May 21, 2011
I replaced two of the turtle vents I had with these. The old vents had a larger footprint so I needed to replace some of the roof shingles. On a new installation you would not have to do that. I am very happy with the quality of the product. They spin in even the slightest breeze. My father has a different brand and his do not spin as much as this one. I would highly recommend this product.
on June 27, 2014
Bought one for my unvented roof and I tell you, I am thrilled. It literally seemed to suck the air out blasting me as I tried to finish the installation which was challenging because of it being the "first time" doing it. It was not hard to do just a little time consuming for the first one. Since we bought our house the A/C rarely stops and we have a very nice home and system which was being run into the ground. Now it barely goes on often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodbye $250+ a month summer south Florida electric bill due to AC constantly running to cool a 140 degree crawlspace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This morning I tested the air...101! Don't heistate to buy this but be advised they do seem to get a little beaten up in their shipping. I re-engineered mine and it spins like a turbine on a jet...constantly. I hope it last but it has a lifetime warranty and is superior to that of a passive system or possibly others that are higher technology. Cheers to all.
on April 24, 2015
Product arrived early!! Container was flimsy. Item arrived with some bent parts. Parts easily returned to original shape so we thought. Item directions to install did not include installation on a roof with a negative edge. Figured it out with a quick google. When turbine mechanism was installed it wabbled and after an hour of effort we quit trying. It works but Wabble. Rainproof?
on August 24, 2013
Nicely packaged, fit my over sized 14" vent shaft perfectly. Came with its own vent shaft which I am saving for when I replace my entire roof. This was less than half the cost of what I found locally.
on March 14, 2013
Even with the pull-down stairs lowered off from the living room to aid in cooling the living area the two turbine vents mounted on the low angled roof are very quite whether windy or not outside. They have helped to cool our attic and even the downstairs too. Was easy to install, did it myself in about a half a day (2 turbine vents too). Thought about installing the 'power' vents, but this is a nice, quite, economical alternative.
Highly recommended!
on March 7, 2016
Would NOT recommend!!!! Does not come with a screen so wasps and bats enter your attic through the vent. Also prone to getting water that runs down inside from wind drive rain directed under the shingles. Doing it again, I would only install it on a shed that is not finished on the inside. I would not recommend it for a home. .There are many other superior ventilation solutions available. Talked with 4 professional roofers, and all recommended against using these.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2014
I purchased two of the 14 inch units. I am pleased, so far with these units. Installation was easy. The units have now been through a couple of snow storms and some ice and seem to be holding up ok. I am anxious to see how well they work to reduce the temperature of my attic space in summer. I may have to increase the area of the soffet venting. These vents spin in the slightest breeze.
on June 4, 2014
I ordered three; one had a manufacturer error. So I notified the company and they sent me a working one at their cost and I didn't have to pay to return the broken one. They are super quiet; I haven't checked my attic yet but the one in my garage has made that space tolerable for hot days.