Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now St Lucia SnS

on March 18, 2011
I recently bought this film hoping for radical color effects for use with my Diana Mini. The results were surprising in that the film grain really is fine, and in fact very smooth images were taken. It may have been due to other factors but the colors weren't as fascinating as it may seem it should be. It is still very nice though. I've taken photos in a foggy setting amd they came out very blue and moody. In an indoor setting with lamps on the oranges and reds were quite pronounced. It's hard to believe they were taken on the same film! Be careful when and if you scan your negatives though. The numbering and print on the film makes it confusing. In fact, Costco printed the images completely backwards. That may be a case by case issue though. Anyways, this is a fun film to use and I would recommend it.
11 comment14 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2013
This is one of the better deals on 800 ISO film. I am glad that Lomography still makes 800 ISO film because it is my favorite by them. The quality is pretty good and you don't need much light to get great shots!
on September 25, 2014
Tried my first roll of this film. I researched the type of film that is in the canister as Lomography doesn't make their own film. The film I have is ferrania film rebranded as Lomography. I loaded the film in my P&S with manual controls. The film advanced great for the first 24 exposures. After that it would skip one or frames before i could take another image. I have used many other films in this camera so i don't think is the camera. Something about this film once it gets to that exposure #. I will be developing tomorrow and hope for some decent results even tho it may be only about 24 exposures instead of 36. I will update this review when I get the results.
on May 12, 2011
Pictures did not have very good resolution, I used fujifilm for my last fish eye photographs and the colors were MUCH nicer & clearer so I would recommend youlook at fujifilm if you are purchasing film for a fisheye.
on June 23, 2014
I've always loved lomography and always will. I'll probably use this all the time for my camera! The quality of lomography is so nice (in my opinion) and would totally recommend.
on April 11, 2014
I used this film for some indoor pics - sporting event inside. Those pics turned out pretty nice. There's some graininess to them, as you'd expect with an 800 speed film, but the grain isn't too bad. I liked the colors. I sent one roll for developing to a lab carrying the namesake of the film, and I wasn't impressed with the results from them - colors seemed messed up, like maybe they had stale developer ??? I sent two other rolls to a place on the west coast recommended by a film photography enthusiast show I found on the internet. Those were the pics I really liked, and if you can use a place like that, I think you'll like your results with this film, too.
on October 7, 2013
Good cheap entry film for lomographer wanna be like me. High speed enough for indoor use, grainy vintage look gives character.
on June 18, 2014
This is a great value for the film. It is so hard to find film these days. I'm glad Amazon carries it!
on January 8, 2016
Not quite as bold in color as the 100 speed film, but works quite well with my old automatic cameras from the 80s and 90s. Great for actions shots and low light situations where you need fast film. For low light situations I still find that my old automatic camera with 800 speed film is better than digital, unless you can spend tons of $.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2015
I tried this out because it was 800 ISO and it was cheap. I usually buy 96 exposures for about $15 dollars. This is a steal. The photos had no weird effect and they did not seem to be expired. I'll how the next roll is. Hopefully it's like the first one.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse