Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Explore Home Audio Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on July 12, 2009
I bought a Lomo Action Sampler for a college class several years ago, and quickly became hooked. Simply stated, this is a fun photography "toy'", suitable for every age and skill level. I enjoy using non-digital cameras, and this one produces some unique and beautiful images. There is no flash, so using the camera in bright daylight works best, but I have been able to create some great images in "less than ideal" conditions by using different types of film.

My only complaint is that it's a bit too easy to accidentally expose the film because of the ease of opening the camera body. However, a piece of tape placed over the open button does the trick!
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2011
I ordered my Lomo a couple of weeks ago and the shipping process was surprising fast. Couldn't wait to try the camera and got a film the next day. The weather seemed perfect to me so I started and took my first pictures. Everything worked upto the 6th picture.
After that the sound changed and I already thought something must be wrong.
I finished the film even though I knew there will probably be just a few good pictures.
After the development of the film it became obvious to me. It simply broke. After the 6th picture? Actually I'm very disappointed and not even the Lomo-service answers to my mail. As soon as I get a new Lomo and it works I might be satisfied haha. But somehow I'm not sure yet wheather I do seriously want to waste my money on another film.

Result: The Lomo Action Sampler might be a great fun and there's definitely nothing to say against the price. In my case it was a short fun but I already read of many people that are very satisfied with it. Might be a risk. It's your decission wheather you want to take the risk or save your money for a good book.
At least the 6 pictures I got look quite nice.
I wouldn't buy it again but in my eyes giving one star would be a little too hard.
Let's see what my second Lomo is going to be like in case thy will send me a new one of which I'm not that sure yet.
on January 27, 2011
I bought one of these a while ago and managed to break it before i even finished my first roll of film. I guess this is to be expected because mostly everything made by Lomography is cheap and plastic.. but their return policy should be better. be careful with this thing and it will be awesome.

(The reviewer was compensated for posting this review. However, the opinion stated in the review is that of the reviewer and the reviewer alone. Further, the reviewer independently selected this product to review and has no affiliation with the product maker/distributor, Amazon or the review requester.)
on March 22, 2011
It breaks film really easily. It's really difficult to load compared to other film cameras, but for the price, you're getting your money's worth.
on July 7, 2010
I haven't actually gotten my film developed yet but that camera has been fun! It was hard to load the film initially but then it worked and I am so anxious to see the prints!
on April 14, 2011
I am a huge fan of lomography cameras. I bought the camera and a pack of film that was suggested to buy together. After both came in the mail I started reading about the camera. It was suggested in the manual to use ISO 200 or 400 for best results. When purchasing the camera it was bundled with ISO 100. I have ISO 400 already and can use the 100 with my other camera. I don't see it being that big of an issue but I did just want to let everyone know!
on October 1, 2011
for what it is, this camera rocks. takes great outdoor super sunny pictures, wouldnt recommend for use indoors or in areas that arent very well lit (as goes with any lomo camera). super light weight, and it looks pretty freakin sweet too :)
on January 11, 2012
This was my first time experimenting with lomography. I've been shooting digital for years and "normal film" for the the last year or so. This was something new and from the samples I've seen, really exciting.

It came in and I was kind of shocked at how light and cheap feeling it was, but I suppose that's rather the point of the whole lomography thing. They're toy cameras. I loaded it up for the first time with 100iso film and went out. I shot for a day, turned it in to be developed the next day.

The images I got back were fantastic. Some didn't turn out, obviously. When it says it needs daylight to get proper images, it is not messing around. Any shots inside, even with lights on, were super dim and hard to make out. Sorta interesting in a foggy, dark, mysterious kind of way, but not really worth it.

However, today, I tried to put in new film and...I couldn't do it. The camera wouldn't click. I could wind it all the way out, but *something* was wrong and I couldn't take photos anymore. I ruined a couple more rolls of film before I decided it was a bust and the thing had broken. I have no idea why. I treated it super gently and it broke for no reason. Its super disappointing.

So, while the images I got were super cool, I'm not sure they're worth the camera in the end. I'll mess with it some more and try to fix it, but it doesn't seem likely. Cool images.
on January 2, 2012
These little LOMO cameras are real fun, and give you something a bit different than the everyday digital. But just some info: these cameras do not have a flash, and usually do not have a hot shoe. So outside, bright sunny days or an extremely bright environment is going to give you your best results. ISO 200-800 or higher film speed will do just fine. As long as you know that you are getting a toy-camera, and know not expect it to last forever then you should most definitely get one. I have this one, but would suggest getting the OKTOMAT(which I had, and was awesome,it is now broken, but took a beating before it died). I have had great luck with taking these cameras on hikes and camping trips, with them dealing with a great number of abuse and still performing. I have heard of some cases where the camera breaks on the first roll of film, but I have not had that experience, and I have about 5-6 LOMOGRAPHY cameras! So get one and have some fun with film, get back to some photography roots!
on January 2, 2014
This camera broke on my second role of film. I was disappointed, as the first roll I developed by hand, as an experiment and the second I planned on actually having developed professionally. The issue with this camera is all of the internal components are made up of a cheap, weak, plastic. Ths allows for easy breakage during the required tasks of using a camera, such as winding the film!