5.0 out of 5 stars A fun lens for the Diana f+.
Published on May 20, 2010 by Mica Ivealis

2.0 out of 5 stars Lens does not fit completely to adaptor!
Product arrived in a timely manner and well packaged. However, I'm not sure if it was the adaptor or the lens with the problem, but I wasn't too satisfied with the quality. I could barely tell the picture was meant to be fisheye and the lens didn't even fit completely to the adaptor.
Published 11 months ago by Maria Lynn

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun lens for the Diana f+., May 20, 2010
This review is from: Lomography Diana + 20mm Fisheye Lens (Black) (Electronics)
I have read the reviews here and after ordering the lens, here is mine. This is a fisheye lens for the Diana f+ medium format camera. I have read about people having the canon adapter and wanting to use this lens for their canon cameras. Then post a bad review about the experience. This lens works perfectly on the Diana f+ camera. Using the 12 frame format will yield true fisheye pics. Using the 16 frame format will result in a slightly cropped fisheye view. The lens does it job beautifully. Now, as far as it being used for canon mounts, its obviously not going to be the same, or nearly the same effect as having a real fisheye lens made for a canon camera. Those are ridiculously expensive. Either put out for a canon fisheye lens, or make work with what you got. The Diana lens is a fine product. Its a lomo lens for use with a lomo camera. A definite must have for your Diana f+ lens collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected!, February 27, 2011
This review is from: Lomography Diana + 20mm Fisheye Lens (Black) (Electronics)
I bought this along with an EOS adapter to use for a photography project. I used it on both 35mm (full frame) and 1.6x crop digital. I love the results! On the 35mm, the distortion is great and really emphasized my subject matter (artistic nudes). The 1.6x is like a wide angle with some fisheye distortion. Depending on the subject it really can work well. I'm quite happy with this lens and can't wait to toss it on the Diana F+ to see the true fisheye.

4.0 out of 5 stars Diana 20mm, February 1, 2010
This review is from: Lomography Diana + 20mm Fisheye Lens (Black) (Electronics)
As usual, I tried to find a lot of information about using this on my Canon 40D, and unfortunately there isn't much out there. I found some samples but no in-depth reviews other than one from Wired magazine's website. Anyway, upon receiving it I was really disappointed. There isn't a magical, ethereal glow around everything like I thought there would be. Sure, it's super soft, but I was expecting even more softness I guess. Another thing I was bummed about was that I was assuming I'd get about a 35mm equivalent field of view on an APS-C camera, but it's actually closer to 50mm. The field of view is exactly the same as my 28mm prime, so something must be getting lost in the translation with the fisheye apect as opposed to being a standard rectilinear lens. It should be obvious that you won't get any vignetting and or edge blur because you're using a very small portion from the center of the lens on a APS-C. I can't speak for a full frame camera. After using the lens for a few days I was almost convinced that it wasn't focusing to infinity. Things further than 30 feet didn't just look soft, they actually looked out of focus. I still can't really tell. I modified the lens a bit to create a vignette by taking the front of the lens apart and placing an f/5.6 Lensbaby aperture disk behind the front element. Also, if you flip the front element backwards it will give you a weird edge blur effect while keeping the center in relative focus, but it was too much for me. I also drilled out the hole in the adapter to make it the same size opening as the rear element of the lens. It gives you about a stop more light and a little more blurriness. Overall, I'd say the effect of this lens is closer to a bad camera phone than a Diana, but after playing around with it and modifying it to my liking, I'm not regretting buying it anymore. I'm still not sure it's quite worth $50 (including the adapter that you need), but if you don't mind the price it's fun to play with.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, November 16, 2008
This review is from: Lomography Diana + 20mm Fisheye Lens (Black) (Electronics)
Really great attachment for the Diana F+! I took some awesome funky photos with this. Really easy to attach on and off of camera. Neat pouch included for storage. Makes your Diana two cameras in one!

5.0 out of 5 stars This lens is pretty awesome. I have an old Diana made before ..., July 19, 2014
This review is from: Lomography Diana + 20mm Fisheye Lens (Black) (Electronics)
Let's compare prices on KEH, shall we?

Cheapest 24mm lens: $248 dollars.

Cheapest fisheye lens: None for sale; usually about $300 bucks.

This lens is pretty awesome. I have an old Diana made before Lomography bought the brand, so I can't use it as a system accessory. I've got it hooked up to my crotchety old Nikon F2 with the fifteen-dollar adapter, also sold by Lomography.

A lot of people say there's no fisheye effect. No duh. This is a lens that covers the Diana format -- a slightly reduced two-and-a-quarter square -- in a circle. You need to be mad close to your subject for this lens to work the wonky fisheye magic on 35mm.

This is not a landscape lens on 35mm or APS-C. It's a lens for crowded parties and otherwise for people who have the balls to take a picture about a foot away from the subject. I take pictures pretty close, and so far this lens has been totally dope in adequate light.

I have huge political issues with Lomography as a corporation. That being said, I would have bought neither a fisheye nor a 20mm lens for my Nikon if they hadn't offered this item. And I'm a major cheapskate! This lens is worth a try on any budget.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lens does not fit completely to adaptor!, January 28, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great plastic lens, September 6, 2013
This review is from: Lomography Diana + 20mm Fisheye Lens (Black) (Electronics)
I use this lens in my full frame canon camera with the mount adaptor and I have good results. The focus is not really sharp, and it has some color aberrations, but this is almost what you are looking for when you invest your money in lomo lens.
It's a good cheap fisheye lens to do different and cool videos and pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, July 21, 2013
This review is from: Lomography Diana + 20mm Fisheye Lens (Black) (Electronics)
Affordable for a plastic lens. Fits perfectly to my Diana f+ just know that the one you see in the view finder is not that exact. a little work here. Worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice lens for the Diana F+, March 4, 2013
This review is from: Lomography Diana + 20mm Fisheye Lens (Black) (Electronics)
Nice ultra wide fisheye lens! The viewfinder is helpful in composing your shot but is very close to the hotshoe thus knocking the flash a little off to the left, but not by much. Sturdy enough even though it is plastic. A fun lens to add to craziness to your photographs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, January 18, 2013
This review is from: Lomography Diana + 20mm Fisheye Lens (Black) (Electronics)
I bought it for my 16 year old son who loves photography. And he wanted to experiment with lomography, then asked me what Christmas gift, the camera and lens. loved this lens, and the pictures are fabulous.

Lomography Diana + 20mm Fisheye Lens (Black)
$39.00 $23.50