Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on October 24, 2011
I had a very frustrating time trying to scan the negatives from the Spinner 360, but eventually got on top of it. Not every modern backlit scanner works, as Lomography would have it, but the backlit Epson Perfection ones do (and only the backlit ones). Some effort is needed to figure out how to align the film mask to the scanner backlit panel. Lomography says you can get the printing done at a photo lab, but I found this service is not offered in my middle-sized American city. Getting the negatives developed without cutting the strips was no problem, however.

The Lomography company needs to provide a conspicuous link to the list of scanners that will work, and clear instructions on how to load the scanner and produce the jpeg files. I nearly lost my mind, questioning whether it was even possible to do with the scanner I bought. Their Customer Service could have been more helpful. The customer service at Epson had no idea of what I was talking about when I mentioned Lomography's DigitaLiza film mask.

Once you get it going it really is a lot of fun, and the pictures will be great to share with friends and family included in them. The camera is easy to use. The colors in the photos are a little funky, but that's part of the fun, plus you can intensify them or touch them up digitally once they're scanned.

Be ready to buy a film scanner and to devote a lot of effort to the scanning process if you can't find a lab that will do it in your town.
on June 3, 2013
I bought this camera as something new to play with and that's exactly what I got. Plenty of help from Lomography on their website to give you hints and suggestions on how to get the best results in a non-traditional camera.
First things first, yes, you will eat up rolls of 35mm quickly with this camera. One 360 degree photo burns through about 4 standard frames of 35mm. Second, get yourself a Digitaliza 35mm mask. Trust me, your standard masks that came with the scanner aren't going to capture the sprocket holes that this camera exposes. Speaking of scanners, make sure it's a backlit type. Standard flatbed won't usually scan film anyway. I'm personally using a Canoscan 9000F and it does the job. However, and this can be pretty important. Make sure to upgrade your scanner software. The OEM probably won't know how to deal with sprocket holes in the scan. Mine didn't. I had to upgrade VueScan and I've heard SilverFast also does the trick.
Yes, it might seem like a lot to go through, in addition to now having to work with film but if you're really interested in something different, it'll definitely be worth the extra effort.
BTW, learn to use the Polar Coordinates effect with your scans.
on February 7, 2012
Excellent camera, we have had lots of fun with it. It is not a fragile camera at all, on the contrary, so you don't have to worry about caring it any ware you want. I recommend it if you don't care about the trouble of developing the 35mm roll.
on September 22, 2011
If you're looking for the "perfect" camera to document an important occasion, this is not it. It's a fun and quirky camera - something to play with on a Saturday. Be prepared to answer questions; it's probably the first time most people have seen one of these.

Pros:
Fun and quirky.
Simple to operate.
No electronics. No batteries.
Any photo place can process the film (Target = .95 per roll) ... but (read the related Con)

Cons:
Photo quality does not compare to a DSLR. But it is what it is.
Any local photo place can process the film, but very few can scan it to disk... or if they can, they cannot scan the sprocket holes. Consider scanning yourself, and purchasing the Lomography DigitaLIZA 35mm Scanning Mask Kit. (One reviewer suggests masking tape, but I don't want to gum up the glass).
Film gets expensive.

Remember:
If you don't process the film yourself, be sure to tell whomever does, "do not cut the film."
review image review image review image
on December 15, 2013
I'm a fan of Lomography and the machine was missing me, I love it!the only problem is the cost of the film
on February 25, 2014
I was excited to receive this puppy after playing with an older model. To my surprise, this is a newer model and does not jolt my wrist around when shooting!
on March 7, 2015