5.0 out of 5 stars so far, so good!
Product info does not mention this, but:

- umbrella diameter is 38" (from one side to another) when fully open. not sure what that converts to in terms of "arc" measurements (you could do the math conversion), but it is more than sufficient to cover me and whatever bag i'm holding.

- umbrella "stalk" is 19" long from top of the wooden handle to the...
Published on January 24, 2012 by Multiple OS Runner

3.0 out of 5 stars I made it work
The umbrella would get stuck when I pushed the button to contract it. Overall, it's fine. I wanted something realitivly inexpensive with a sleeve. Besides the slight malfunction, I got what I wanted. And, I learned (and was astounded) at how complicated it was to find a decent, inexpensive umbrella online.
Published on July 15, 2011 by Tara Waldron

5.0 out of 5 stars so far, so good!, January 24, 2012
Product info does not mention this, but:

- umbrella "stalk" is 19" long from top of the wooden handle to the top underside of the umbrella. this is an excellent length, because it allows me to hold the umbrella at a comfortable height without having to crouch over (or hold the umbrella up really high to cover my head, like you sometimes have to do with shorter umbrellas).

Only downside is that the umbrella, when folded, is a little bit bulky. This is due to how short the umbrella collapses when folded (11.5" long). It's not a big deal though with the included umbrella cover, because everything stays in place. The cover has a nice zipper feature so you don't have to struggle getting the umbrella into it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars Six Months Later, May 9, 2012
KeeKee (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: London Fog Auto Open Close Umbrella (Apparel)
I live in what tends to be a rainy city, so I wanted to wait a good six months to see how this performed before writing a review.

Thumbs up on almost all accounts! When I say "almost all" it's because it should be noted that this is meant for average protection at best due to the material used. The fabric is soft, and it stands up to only so much rain. Do not expect this little umbrella to protect you from torrential downpour. I tested it in such conditions, and after running about town for a couple of hours in very heavy rain, the water started getting through and was actually dripping on me. The material was soaked straight through. However, it stands up perfectly well to average, steady rainfall. So if it just "looks like rain" or is sprinkling outside, this compact is the one I'll take along. If drenching rain is already falling, I'll take a larger, sturdier umbrella.

I got the ember color and it's a gorgeous apricot hue. It stands out a bit amidst all the black umbrellas out there and I feel safer as a result. And, if this sort of thing matters to you: Folks who've caught their (scary alien) reflection when they're holding a green or blue umbrella will love the light it casts. It's lovely on all skin tones.

Speaking of thumbs, the automatic open and close feature works great -- excellent for getting on/off trains and buses without soaking others or myself. It's well made and the perfect size as well. (Some of those really small ones are worthless; you might as well be wearing the silly kind with the head gear that sit on your head!) I like the comfy, stretchy wrist handle and that it's attached to the umbrella, not the case (which is the case with many compacts). And the case has a smooth and sturdy zipper, so there's no struggling to get the umbrella back into it.

Great quality all around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good umbrella that also works for a man, March 13, 2012
I don't know why these are labeled as a "women's umbrella." They certainly work for either sex. I purchased three, two as Christmas presents for my daughter and one for myself (the father). They are nice and compact when folded. They pop open nicely. You can open a car door a little, stick the umbrella out and pop it open, and get out of the car without getting drenched. The auto close closes just the umbrella part. You have to shove it down to complete the closing and get it back to its compact form. I have used mine a number of times with no problems. My daughter has not told me of any problems with hers. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars has not failed me yet, October 24, 2011
I was getting tired of being embarrassed by my old umbrella's tendency to flip inside out at the slightest sniff of wind, so I purchased this one hoping it would help me save face. So far it hasn't disappointed; not to mention, its circumference is solidly large enough for yourself and your bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable Umbrella, May 16, 2012
I needed a new umbrella that wouldn't break on me easily, especially with the kind of winds Chicago endures. Thankfully this umbrella is totally legit. It has a strong hold which was essential for me. In all, this umbrella makes me feel like a smart consumer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, March 19, 2012
Draculina (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: London Fog Auto Open Close Umbrella (Apparel)
I got the red plaid to replace my previous London Fog umbrella, which finally broke after many years. I don't understand the comments about this umbrella not being compact enough when closed. It's the same as my other umbrellas. It's not super-mini, but it's not one of those huge compacts either. It seems sturdy, everything's worked, and the red plaid is not only cheery on a rainy day, it makes me feel visible to cars at intersections. The zipper case is both cute and functional, as it's very easy to get the umbrella in and out of it. I don't think you can go wrong with this, for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars I made it work, July 15, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars great umbrella, August 5, 2011
This umbrella is easy to use and the auto close feature makes it a breeze getting on and off the train quickly in the morning without having to put down my cup of coffee. I like the slightly oversize canopy. Wish it were more compact but luckily I carry a large purse everyday... The plaid is super cute!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy little umbrella, not sure why it's "women's", September 27, 2011
Men use pack-away umbrellas too!

Anyway- I was looking for a sturdy little folding umbrella and this is it.

I was tired of buying cheap poorly made folding umbrellas.

Hopefully this one lasts a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, April 17, 2013
It opens and closes at the push of a button. Reasonably well made. Its not too big, size is good enough for one person.
Overall, i am satisfied with it.

London Fog Auto Open Close Umbrella