5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality
My wife had wanted a quality umbrella for a while, and until now, we had the cheap ones that fold under any kind of wind (you know, those semi-compact ones).

Published on March 16, 2011 by Aaron R. Morrison

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, broke quickly
Looks good with a nice wooden handle, but poorly made. The closing mechanism stopped working properly after just a fewm months, so it popped open all the time. The small plastic button came off of the closing mechanism. It became more trouble than it was worth, so I threw it away. Very disappointed.
Published 7 months ago by Dan in DC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, March 16, 2011
Aaron R. Morrison (Indianapolis, IN USA) - See all my reviews

She loves this one. I got her the beige/yellow one in plaid and it looks good - not too yellow. She raves about it so much, I feel like I should have saved it for a birthday present or something. Oh well!

The wood handle is very nice, and I like the metal tip over the wood tip it won't get scuffed on the end. It is a nice, durable, quality umbrella, that should do a nice job at keeping you dry, and showing you have a little style.

I just ordered the black one for myself. They aren't the cheapest umbrella, but you get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last!!! A good umbrella!, December 19, 2011
After trying many kinds of "travel" types of umbrella, I decided to go ahead and get a stick type. Boy, am I happy. This not only looks good, but the fabric,metal and wood are substantial. I say go ahead and spend the money. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Yet Functional, December 12, 2012
This review is from: London Fog Auto Stick Umbrella (Apparel)
These London Fog umbrellas remind me of the durable, classic-styled European umbrellas I grew up with. They withstood bad weather, and these do too.

I bought two in different colors, urban safari and signature black. Both are subdued plaids. Anyone interested in signature black should look at the third picture (closed umbrella) carefully; otherwise they may think it is simply a black/tan plaid. The umbrella has subtle shades of blue, tan and varying colors of black.

The same goes for Urban safari. The Amazon pictures don't show the subtle peach/green colors very well. The second picture (of the stick handle) provides a glimpse of those colors. I have submitted my own pictures as well to help clarify colors.

The price for these umbrellas seems to fluctuate. I bought mine for $24, and thought that was reasonable. Men might appreciate London Fog's solid black umbrella, which is made in the same stick style, but is not offered through Amazon. It can be found elsewhere online. While not exactly compact (35 1/2" long), the umbrella will easily fit into any car, office space or umbrella stand.

UPDATE: For some reason, there is no longer a "customer image" button for this umbrella. Anyone interested in seeing the two pictures I submitted of color details will have to open up my personal profile page, click on customer images, and then scroll through until the two plaid umbrellas are displayed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gentleman's Umbrella, June 11, 2012
Kenneth F Mansfield (Winchester, KY United States) - See all my reviews
I was looking for an umbrella that was a little more sophisticated than a golf umbrella, but which also offered good coverage. The auto stick umbrella from London Fog precisely fits the bill. Unlike the thin handles on a lot of "cane handle" umbrellas I have had over the years, this handle is very comfortable and easy to hold; it's nearly as thick as the handle on my grandfather's old cane. The wood shaft is lightweight but sturdy. And the brass tip on the end means it doubles as a (non-orthopedic) walking stick on days when there is a threat of rain. Plus it hangs nicely on the arm when one must procure things from the market and needs both hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Withstood the wind and looks great, December 30, 2011
We recently had a very rainy, very windy day all rolled into one. Made it awful. But this umbrella made it much better. It shielded me from the wind, did not flip out on me while I was struggling to get back into my vehicle, and it kept me as dry as it could. I was really impressed when the wind blew my car door but I held onto the umbrella and it did not flinch. I just wish it had an automatic close.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, broke quickly, November 24, 2013
Dan in DC (Washington DC) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy/Bad design, November 19, 2013
Returned this item bc it seemed a bit flimsy. Also the open button/latch is poorly made. You have to twist the shaft of the umbrella to align the lock and latch sometimes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best umbrella, September 23, 2011
This umbrella works perfect and looks great. Not only did we receive it two days after it was shipped but it works great. The color is more a khaki not yellow and look really expensive. The auto open is so easy my two year old an do it with ease. I was concerned that the wood would be heavy but the umbrella seems lighter than my plastic handled ones. Great choice and worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Locking mechanism broke after 4 uses, February 9, 2014
G. D. Pleasants "Dave" (Berkeley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Everything about this umbrella says quality EXCEPT the locking mechanism. After just 4 uses it stopped working and now it is a struggle to use it all and should probably be thrown away. What a waste of money. Very disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 5 uses, June 26, 2013
Jake Wallace (Beloit, Wisconsin United States) - See all my reviews
Loved this umbrella at first. However, after about 5 uses the trigger lock stopped popping up on its own. In other words, I could not close the umbrella with one hand. I had to pull the umbrella closed and pull up the lock with my other hand. Clearly the internal spring is broken.

By the time the umbrella started acting up I was past Amazon's return period. Even though I had only used the umbrella a handful of times, I was over 30 days. I contacted the seller e-bags and was told I was past their return date also. Again, to be clear, it rarely rains where I live, so, although the umbrella was over 30 days old it was barely used and practically brand new. E-bags told me to contact the manufacturer and gave me London Fog's contact info.

Well, it turns out that even though this is marketed as a "London Fog" umbrella, and that "London Fog" is stamped on the handle, it is actually made by another company. I was told to contact the actual manufacturer. After waiting a week for an email response (because of course they don't answer the phone), I was told to box the umbrella up, ship it to them, and include $6 for return postage for a new or fixed umbrella. Oh, and that it would take 6 weeks to get my umbrella back.

So, to get a replacement for this $28 umbrella I had to pay for a box, pay for shipping 2 ways, and wait 6 weeks. I threw it out. What a joke. Buy at your own risk.

London Fog Auto Stick Umbrella