4.0 out of 5 stars Great Umbrella
Published on January 31, 2013 by Stanley

3.0 out of 5 stars Unable to withstand NYC rain and wind or just unlucky?
Published on February 27, 2013 by Seiken232

3.0 out of 5 stars Unable to withstand NYC rain and wind or just unlucky?, February 27, 2013
This review is from: London Fog Auto Open-Close Sport Umbrella (Apparel)
Extremely convenient for opening and closing the umbrella. The umbrella itself is pretty heavy compared to previous umbrellas I've used however it should be no problem for men or a strong lady :) I expected the umbrella to last me for a long time considering the sturdiness in the description however, it's raining and pretty windy out today in NYC. One of the umbrella rib's snapped after the whole umbrella bent due to the strong winds. This is my 3rd time using the umbrella since buying it a month ago. Anyway, I got in touch with Amazon's customer service and fortunately, they agreed to replace my umbrella by swapping it with my defective one. Hopefully the next one will last much longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Umbrella, January 31, 2013
Stanley (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
It is all about the small things. London Fog makes a great umbrella that sets them apart. When their umbrella opens, it doesn't jerk outward in an attempt to stab someone -- it's smooth. There is no pinching required to pull down and collapse the umbrella -- it's simple a pull down. The two layers of this umbrella help to prevent folding during windy rain days. The color is pretty nice too. It's also the first time I've kept the umbrella bag because it's well made, easy to use and has a strap. Who would have thought that an umbrella would be so essential and easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great umbrella, no complaints., March 25, 2013
Umbrellas are one of those products where the best ones are the ones that enter your thoughts the least. This umbrella works exactly as it is supposed to; it is built solidly, is handsome and fits nicely in my backpack. I've never once had a single annoyance with it, and for me that's all that matters in an umbrella. 5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great umbrella while it lasted., June 25, 2013
This review is from: London Fog Auto Open-Close Sport Umbrella (Apparel)
I purchased this umbrella in April 2013 and thought it was the best umbrella I'd ever seen. The auto-open/close function worked well, it provided excellent coverage and I loved the shoulder strap. Overall, I thought it was a very well built umbrella.

Until yesterday (June 2013), that is. The first time I used it in gusty weather, two of the ribs broke. It's definitely not made for Chicago weather.

The lifetime warranty is useless because it was wind that caused the damage. Even if it was covered, I would have had to send it in to some third party called Kenlo, pay for shipping and only get a new one if they couldn't repair my broken umbrella.

Pros: shoulder strap, good coverage, nice rubber handle
Cons: not durable, useless warranty

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been good, May 19, 2013
This review is from: London Fog Auto Open-Close Sport Umbrella (Apparel)
Lots of Pros - and a big Con....
Had my previous umbrella for 20 years; thought I'd have this new one for more than a month and 4 uses.

PROS: Very convenient for opening and closing the umbrella. Great carrying case (although a little snug to get the umbrella back in to). Love the color (green). Nice grip handle.

CONS: On the umbrella's 4th use, one of the spines (rib?) broke. I got soaked and it is being returned. There is NO reason it should have broken that quickly with such limited use. Each use was for my 7 minute walk in to work and little, if any, wind.

UPDATE: I emailed Amazon and they had another one sent to me without cost. I appreciate Amazon. Now, we'll see how the new one holds up.

3.0 out of 5 stars beautiful umbrella, July 2, 2013
it is more beautiful than the other one i usually see but i don't know if it is solid because the tissu appears thin very thin but i think it will do the job. i also like the auto open/close. it is great

4.0 out of 5 stars The umbrella is a good enough size to cover one person, August 19, 2014
The umbrella is a good enough size to cover one person. It's not small enough to fit in a pocket, but I was not concerned with that. It seems well made and the wind resistance seems pretty good for the couple of times I used it. My only issue is that the rubberized coating on the handle is already coming off only after 2 or 3 uses leaving a smooth plastic behind. I would have expected it to last longer. It's not enough to make me want exchange the product, but I hope the rest of the umbrella holds up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but big for an everyday rain umbrella, January 20, 2013
Dinertia9 (Cambridge, MA) - See all my reviews
Bought it because of the brand, and I wanted something that would be resilient to the wind. Material looks pretty sturdy and resistant, so i am satisfied in that regard. However, it's a bit bulky for a "city umbrella" (heavy and not really compact enough to carry around in a purse). Once open, i'd say, it's on the big side (especially if one is used to flimsy compact umbrellas), and offers enough coverage.

5.0 out of 5 stars gppd quality, May 27, 2013
delivery super fast. Nice looking . Substancial. It takes seconds to open and close. Yhis has two attached velcro strips (one at top and one at bottom) to close tight enough to fit into the outer case. Comes with a strap on the casing long enough to carry it on your shoulder. Nice rubber gtipso ou are not holding a metal handle which always me feel like a walking lightening rod. Can tell it will last.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than an $8 umbrella from your corner pharmacy., February 14, 2015
This umbrella is in my order history, but I don't remember it. Oh wait, I know why I don't remember it... because it didn't last through the first use!?!?! I work by the WTC which is on the lower Westside of New York City and is known to be a very windy area. So I specifically searched for a auto open/close umbrella with wind vents. The rods on this umbrella are frail and the wind vents didn't appear to open to let wind through and on the first use the wind bent and broke the frail rods.

London Fog Auto Open-Close Sport Umbrella