5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent umbrella for the commuter
This is my 3rd umbrella, and I think I finally found a winner! One of the spokes on my Totes umbrella broke after 2 uses. I ordered a very pretty umbrella with hummingbirds that is VERY sturdy, but rather small and without a wind vent.

Published on October 25, 2011 by busymomma

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge but at the same time heavy and not windproof
Published 8 months ago by Min Kyung Im

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent umbrella for the commuter, October 25, 2011

This umbrella is wonderful! It is quite large, and easily covers me and my bag. It also dips down a bit more on the ends than other umbrellas, which offers more protection. I've only used it a couple times, but those days were pretty windy, and this umbrella held up well and didn't flip inside out. The lower ends and wind vent seemed to help, as the wind was pushing the umbrella ends instead of getting under the umbrella to flip it. I bought the "urban safari" color. It is more of a light beige than the yellowish color shown. It looks very classy. Like the other review wrote, the ribs are pretty light, but so far so good! The auto open and close works great, and the umbrella folds down and fits inside my large purse easily. I am very happy with this purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, May 1, 2011
On the upside, the auto open/close feature is quick and smooth and I have used it in a couple strong winded storms without breaking it. On the downside, the metal workings are a little flimsey and this umbrella easily turns inside-out. It's a hair better than anything I've owned so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indestructible, December 6, 2012
J (Washington) - See all my reviews
I live near Seattle and have to walk quite a lot everyday, so this umbrella sees near daily use. It works great day after day and hasn't shown any signs of wear after 7 months. It's compact enough to fit easily in my backpack so it's unobtrusive on those rare days that I don't actually use it but it still has a large canopy. It opens and shuts easily, the carry strap is still connected to the handle, none of the canopy bars have disconnected from the fabric, it still folds perfectly despite having been inverted several times (not matter how careful you are, it seems impossible to not flip an umbrella inside out eventually), it is super easy to pack into it's case, the velcro still holds itself shut, basically this umbrella has none of the flaws that every single previous umbrella I've owned has had. Although it seems impossible, if I do eventually break (or lose) this umbrella, I will be purchasing it again. If you are tired of searching for the perfect umbrella then look no further, I can't recommend this one enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colapsable Umbrella that is great in South Florida Thunderstorms, October 11, 2012
Liza (Coconut Creek, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I needed an umbrella that I could keep in car pocket for our sudden downpours here in South Florida. So far this has been a great umbrella that did not turn inside out when in high wind. It is larger than most collaspable umbrellas and can fit two under it in a pinch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge but at the same time heavy and not windproof, November 7, 2013
The umbrella is very heavy compared to other auto open-close umbrellas of the same or slightly smaller size. The umbrella is HUGE and it does cover for two. However, " A dual layer vented canopy allows strong wind to vent between layers and prevents umbrella canopy from turning inside out" IS NOT TRUE. This umbrella turned inside out easily on a slightly windy day. In fact, since the umbrella is so huge the slight wind makes it hard for me to walk with the umbrella opened. Overall the umbrella should be used for big and strong people. I do not recommend this to women with a small frame, since it is too heavy to carry around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best brolly I've had in all my 7 decades plus!, January 19, 2013
It hasn't rained since I got it a few days ago (this is sunny southern Calif, after all), but I don't have any doubt about its rainproofedness. When my old auto-open umbrella passed away, I figured that with four other folding umbrellas I was well armed. But I was spoiled--they weren't automatic! Well, this is a beauty and its open/close mechanisms really responsive and smooth. Next time it rains I'll be the envy of my friends with their boring black brollies!

1.0 out of 5 stars Umbrellas, September 21, 2012
Before buying this umbrella, I read the reviews to make sure it was a good buy. A lot of people said it was durable and they were right. It is a sturdy umbrella, however it is not very good at keeping me dry. The first time I used this was during a storm in the Philadelphia region, rain started leaking through the top after 15 minutes of use. I would look for another type of oversized umbrella. This product couldn't even perform its purpose, prevent rain from contacting the covered region.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, August 24, 2013
I bought it because of health problems I need to protect myself from the sun. Since I live in a sun and hot place, I really needed an umbrella that would be easy to carry in my bag, easy to handle, open and close it, and to protect all my body. Has workers excellently for my needs!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke immediately after purchase, July 8, 2013
Great size, but two of the metal pieces that hold up the sides broke within two separate days. It wasn't overly windy but I was not happy. :( I was so excited for this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best compact umbrella ever!, June 4, 2013
J. Chandler (Hilliard, OH, US) - See all my reviews
Our family is so happy with our first one, we purchased another!

Even in a windy, heavy downpour, this umbrella works perfectly, and when fully extended, canopy is large enough to protect two people. And, when closed, the umbrella is nice and compact, for easy storage.

Of course, the auto-close feature is nifty, and makes one-handed closure a breeze.

London Fog Oversize Auto Open-Close Umbrella