Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on August 23, 2013
If you are a frequent traveler, I don't recommend this product. Though it looks classy (gotten compliments), it starts to get dirty easily and the fabric design has started to rip or wear in several places. It's pretty cheap cost-wise, though, so for those who don't travel often, it maybe a good choice. The functionality (i.e. exansion options, pockets, rollers)results in high utility. I'd spend a ton for a well made version of this.
on March 23, 2013
My first order (Amazon Prime) arrived with a flaw in the fabric and Amazon quickly provided a return authorization and had a new one on my doorstep in 48 hours. In addition to this 28", I purchased the 25" & 21" and cannot wait to put them to use. This large suitcase is intended to accommodate formal wear and other cruise clothing. I am a chronic over-packer and will try this set out on a 14 day trip and report back as to how it did and how much I managed to cram in!
Pro's: Very attractive with a color/design that goes well for male or female. Weighs only 10 pounds. Overall well constructed in appearance. Large flat pocket in back for papers/magazine w/roomy front pocket. Unique interior pockets on zippered compartment separation between top and bottom (with removable padded suit bar in top) appear convenient but will take some adjustment to packing technique for me.
Cons: No waterproof pocket. Measurements are deceptive. Case is a fraction under 30"H x 19 3/4W x 13D (not 28")tall including wheels and handle measured expanded at worst advantage. In fairness, since the round front of the case measures differently than the back, half the total measurement around the bag is 31 1/2" + the 30" high just barely passes the 62" max by my airline. HOWEVER, the suitcase was empty. If the front pocket is stuffed or the suitcase over packed, this bag will probably net you an oversize airline fee. Care will have to be taken to not go over the weight limit due to the spacious interior.
Overall, I think this is a classy luggage set that both my husband and I will be proud to use.
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2013
I bought the same model suitcase several years ago and loved it as it is so lightweight and well made. I have made a number of long trips each year with it and when my husband decided he needed to change from the duffel bag type he had been using it was an easy choice to buy another of these. I have never had a problem with the wheels or handle.
on July 27, 2014
I have had this luggage for about a year and it just hasn't stood the test of time and travel. It looked great out of the box, but it can't withstand the rigors of airline travel. It quickly got dirty and frayed. The emblem fell off and it just looks dreadful. Another piece in this set lost the zipper pulls. It is designed poorly, so it tips over easily when packed.

When I contacted London Fog about the guarantee, they informed me it was normal wear and tear and nothing was covered.

I bought 8 separate pieces, and most are no longer really usable. This is my last London Fog purchase. Buyer beware.
on July 29, 2013
I've traveled several times now with this luggage and I love packing and unpacking it. So far it is wearing well despite the rough treatment at the airports.
on April 24, 2013
I've had one suitcase for the past 17 years and it finally bit the dust. I loved the dark green color and decided to find another that looked similar. I studied the endless options on Amazon and finally settled on this piece. It's roomy, well made, has lots of pockets and places for small items, shoes, hanging clothes and more. It's easy to move through the airport, holds lots of stuff and is very sturdy. I'm looking forward to another 17 years of travel with this suitcase.
on February 6, 2014
We were very happy with it when it came. It is attractive and stands out on the luggage carousel at the airport. You just need to be careful that you don't pack it over 50 lbs so you don't get charged for an overweight bag. The suitcase is light for its size.
on July 14, 2014
Our favorite 28-inch-class bags have been the now-discontinued Kirkland soft-sided. Mine had a zipper failure after many years and many flights, and I foolishly returned it, thinking they'd fix it (as Briggs and Riley did, too many times, on our previous bags) or replace it. Then, with money in hand, I learned they were no longer available and modern Costco offerings weren't worthy, so off to Amazon's excellent site to pick a replacement. This London Fog Oxford II made the top of my list just in time for a trip.

Out of the box, it looked stunning, was about a pound lighter than Kirkland and Briggs, had all the right nooks and crannies, and the frame, handle, and wheels seemed sturdy. The main-compartment zippers did need a little help going around corners, perhaps because the fabric wasn't stiff enough to maintain tracking without a hand.

After about 3 airline segments, the fabric covering the piping (is that the correct term for the round feature that outlines the bag?) showed significant fraying. (Much but not all of this is covered with vinyl.) A few segments later and the opposite side showed the same fraying. And after the last segment I noticed a very obvious 'scratch' across the front of the bag, significantly fraying/damaging the fabric. I also noticed that the bag looked a little bit 'lumpy', another sign that the material was weak.

My two traveling companions were still using their Kirkland bags, each having been through at least 300,000 airline miles before this trip, and each was still looking unfrayed and un-lumpy, quite literally looking (almost) good as new.
on December 30, 2012
The set i bought was great - Its high quality material, zippers are in good order, and wheels are solid unlike many other types.....Only issue was late shipping for the holidays -came the day after christmas
on July 25, 2015
I bought this bag for a trip to Europe 3 weeks ago and half way through the trip it's already been damaged by the airport baggage handlers on the telescopic handle and the sleeve it rides in when in the closed position?? As a design engineer I feel that in order to make the bag light the handle is way too flimsy to handle the weight the bag is designed to carry. It needs more protection at the back.
review image