Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lonely are the Hunted (Rocky Mountain Odyssey Book 1)
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 23, 2012
I grew up reading Louis L'Amour. This was not that, but take heart: you'll flip through these pages just as fast, rooting for the hero and laughing and crying with his compadres.

The young, humble hero is placed in an impossible situation: allow unbridled violence and oppression in his small community or dispense justice with a trembling and inexperienced hand. Would it be worth reading if he didn't stand up and shout, 'enough!' ?

The characters are drawn up well, along the lines of traditional western roles but with just enough individualism to make them, well...individuals: Polly Flinder love interests, carefree and good-hearted cowboys, and sage-like old timers make it great for all members of the family.

The landscape is a constant accomplice, and sets the tone for much of the action. Nothing says 'western' like galloping across wind swept plains or scrabbling through rocky badlands. And, if you like horses, you'll get plenty here. The relationship between cowboy and horse is celebrated in Mr. Hinton's work.

Now, for some constructive critique: pay the money for professional proof readers. Your folks did an admirable job-the book is in much better condition than that of the majority of new authors-but there are still issues that can drive a reader like me nuts! I don't know how successful (read: profitable) your work is yet, but if you can squeeze it into your budget/allowance, hire a professional that will catch everything.

Thanks for the great ride, it was so much fun that I bought the second book straight from Kindle right after I turned the last page in the first book. I look forward to another great adventure with the 'crew'. I hope the sequels keep coming fast enough to satisfy my appetite for this great story.
on June 7, 2013
Dane Kade - with one pull of the trigger, he rids the Metzal valley of one ruthless lawman and in the process, condemns himself to a life on the run. Always being hunted, he is never able to put down roots, never able to make lasting friends and is always forced to defend himself or be killed. Yes indeed, this kind of life proves to be a very lonely condition. An excellent read, one that you will find hard to put down. Each chapter better than the last, and what a story. Read it. You will not be sorry.
on June 27, 2010
I am not an avid reader of western fiction, so when I read Will's work, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself engaged in the well-written characters and gritty descriptions of the West. Dan Kade quickly became a guy I could root for, and I dare anyone not to fall in love with his trusty horse. Bottom line: this book left me wanting more, and Will delivered with his follow-up. As long as he keeps writing them, I'll keep reading them!
on June 4, 2012
Plenty of action. Story flows well and everything ties together nicely. Well-defined good vs. evil with good winning out, of course. This book also treats you to some time in the Grand Canyon. I was inclined to give this book 4 stars until I saw that RG Yoho gave it 5. I am a big fan of his and decided to defer to a great western writer's expertise.
on July 28, 2012
The historical west, a good looking cowboy, romance, good vs. evil, this book had it all. As I was reading, I could definitely picture this as a TV movie. Lots of great secondary characters and heroes. This was just a fantastic book overall.
on May 16, 2012
I like westerns and this one didn't let me down. The story was interesting with likewise characters. The action was fast-paced with plenty of good vs. bad. I liked the interaction between the men and their horses. I recommend it.
on April 17, 2014
I could not listen to this book or care about the story as the narrator was so aggravating. He drones on at about a 5th grade level. The audio is poorly edited as there are sentences repeated. I can't comment on the content as I could not bear to listen to it. Just be sure to listen to the promo to see if you can take the narration.
on July 24, 2010
In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that I am another writer from the White Feather Press stable. Having said that, I must also tell you that I'm not someone who goes around saying things I don't mean.

"Lonely are the Hunted," by Will Hinton, is one of the finest Westerns I have read in a long time! It is the story of Dan Kade, a young man on the run from the law. I will simply leave it at that.

Hinton weaves an outstanding story, one that will keep you turning the pages from start to finish. Throughout the book, you will find action, suspense, mystery, surprises, and a little romance for the ladies.

After having read "Lonely," I find myself looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
When it comes to Western authors, there are certainly bigger names than Will Hinton, but there aren't any bigger talents.

I would recommend this to anyone who has grown up reading Zane Grey or Louis L'Amour.
on July 2, 2009
From someone that next to never reads westerns, this was a great book. I usually only read science fiction/fantasy books and it was very hard to put this book down once I started reading it. I've picked up the second book which just came out and read it already, now I can't wait for the 3rd book. BTW, the second book is Rocky Mountain Odyssey.