Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Caribbean Islands is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the hidden coves of the Bahamas, go snorkeling with stingrays in the Cayman Islands, or move to the sounds of Habana Vieja in Cuba; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Caribbean Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Caribbean Islands Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 85 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Budget Caribbean, and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Aruba, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, Barbados, the Bahamas, Cuba, the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Turks & Caicos, Martinique, the Dominican Republic, St. Martin, Dominica, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Caribbean Islands, our most comprehensive guide to the Caribbean Islands, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out Lonely Planet's Travel Guides to those particular destinations.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Jean-Bernard Carillet, Nate Cavalieri, Paul Clammer, Michael Grosberg, Adam Karlin, Tom Masters, Emily Matchar, Brandon Presser, Brendan Sainsbury, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Polly Thomas, and Karla Zimmerman.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)