#1 best-selling guide to Mexico*
Lonely Planet Mexico is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Step back in time at the Maya ruin in Tulum, take a stroll through Merida's galleries, or wander through markets for artisan crafts; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Mexico and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Mexico Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Mexico City map (included in print version), plus over 102 local maps
- Useful features - including What's New, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Mexico City, Oaxaca, Merida, Veracruz, the Yucatan Peninsula, Cancun, Chiapas, Baja California, Cozumel, Mazatlan, Guadalajara, the Copper Canyon, northern Mexico, Cabo San Lucas, Cordoba, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Mexico, our most comprehensive guide to Mexico, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Cancun, Cozumel, and the Yucatan? Check out Lonely Planet's Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Cancun & the Yucatan Encounter, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, John Noble, Kate Armstrong, Ray Bartlett, Gregor Clark, John Hecht, Beth Kohn, Tom Masters, Freda Moon, Brendan Sainsbury, Lucas Vidgen, Luke Waterson
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Bestselling guide to Mexico Source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA, April 2011 to March 2012