Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
Not as helpful as I had hoped. We took a trip to the Netherlands and it was a bit cumbersome to use there.Published 24 months ago by mspete1
Planning a future trip, and looking for clues (not many) to my ancestors' lives prior to 1920. But a good read even if you aren't traveling there, just skip the tourist stuff.Published on May 4, 2013 by Marilyn Hoogstraten
It's really a well balance guide. With the important information and travel tips.
I will use it a lot in my next trip.
I haven't been to the Netherlands yet, so I'm not sure how this works as a guide, but for pre-departure planning this book is an invaluable resource. Read morePublished on January 28, 2013 by Kreo
The (little) chapter on the Dutch language is pretty nonsensical but otherwise it is helpful.
I am not so sure about the advise on bicycles. Read more
An intensive study of Irish life leading up to and during WWII. Especially heavy on the intellectual and artistic areas. Light on the interaction with the British military. Read morePublished on August 1, 2012 by tjgphx