#1 best-selling guide to Peru*
Lonely Planet Peru is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take in the spectacle of Machu Picchu at sunrise, treat your taste buds to Lima's famous ceviche, or try to solve the mystery of the Nazca Lines; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Peru and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Peru Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, religion, sports, landscapes, wildlife, food, drink, and more
- Over 70 color local maps
- Useful features - including Travel with Children, Trekking the Inca Trail, and Peru Outdoors
- Coverage of North Coast, Amazon Basin, Northern Highlands, Huaraz, the Cordilleras, Central Highlands, Lima, Cuzco, Sacred Valley, South Coast, Arequipa, Canyon Country, Lake Titicaca, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Peru, our most comprehensive guide to Peru, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Peru? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Peru, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Carolyn McCarthy, Carolina A Miranda, Kevin Raub, Brendan Sainsbury, and Luke Waterson.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia) *Bestselling guide to Peru Source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA, September 2011 to August 2012.