#1 bestselling guide to Thailand*
Lonely Planet Thailand is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Listen to monks chant in a Bangkok temple, indulge in a beachfront Thai massage on a coral-fringed island, or trek through the jungle to see elephants and gibbons; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Thailand and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Thailand Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - customs, history, politics, literature, cinema, music, art, environment, wildlife, cuisine, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 100 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Chiang Mai Province, Northern Thailand, Northeastern Thailand, Central Thailand, Bangkok, Ko Chang, Eastern Seaboard, Hua Hin, Southern Gulf, Phuket, Andaman Coast, Ko Samui, Lower Gulf, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps to avoid roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities to easily find what you need
- Bookmarks to shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to get to recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Inbuilt dictionary to decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Thailand, our most comprehensive guide to Thailand, is perfect for both exploring the top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Thailand? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Thailand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Bangkok or Phuket? Check out Lonely Planet's Bangkok guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Pocket Bangkok or Pocket Phuket, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, China Williams, Mark Beales, Tim Bewer, Celeste Brash, Austin Bush, Alan Murphy, and Brandon Presser.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel content company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet enables curious travellers to experience the world and get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.*Bestselling guide to Thailand Source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA, January 2011 to October 2011.