Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet's USA's Best Trips, your passport to the most up-to-date advice on unique experiences that await you along America's highways. This guide features 52 amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to two-week adventures. Drive USA's iconic 'Mother Road', Route 66, venture on a journey through the amazing parks of the Rockies, or follow scenic byways through New England among stunning fall foliage; all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, cue up your driving playlist, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's USA's Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography on every page to inspire you as you plan
- Itineraries and planning advice help you pick the right routes for you and tailor your trip to your needs and interests
- Get around easily with 197 easy-to-read, full-color regional and route maps and detailed directions
- Insider tips about local driving rules, parking, toll roads, and more help you get around like a local to avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, and sight-seeing
- Coverage of New York, New England, Florida & the South, the Great Lakes, the Great Plains, the Rocky Mountains, the Southwest, California and the Pacific Northwest, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's USA's Best Trips is perfect for those planning to explore the USA in the classic American way - by road trip!
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Lonely Planet's USA guide, our most comprehensive guide to the USA, is perfect for those planning to both explore top sights and lesser-known gems.
- Looking for a guide focused on New York City, San Francisco or Los Angeles? Check out Lonely Planet's New York City guide, San Francisco guide and Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these cities has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Pocket New York City, San Francisco and Los Angeles guides, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
There's More in Store for You: Whether you're exploring your own back yard or somewhere entirely new, Lonely Planet's USA Best Trips guides will ensure you have an amazing time exploring the varied landscapes, histories, and cultures of 'America the beautiful.' Check out Lonely Planet's California's Best Trips, and The Pacific Northwest's Best Trips for more road-tripping ideas.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sara Benson, Amy Balfour, Michael Benanav, Greg Benchwick, Lisa Dunford, Michael Grosberg, Adam Karlin. Mariella Krause, Carolyn McCarthy, Christopher Pitts, Adam Skolnick, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Mara Vorhees and Karla Zimmerman.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.