Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spot a pack of wolves on the hunt in Lamar Valley, watch Old Faithful erupt, or paddle through Grand Teton's alpine lakes; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots and being safe and responsible
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices, transit tips, emergency information, park seasonality, and hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, and durations
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, geology, wildlife, and conservation
- Over 45 trail and park maps
- Useful features - including Driving Tours, Travel with Children, and Day and Overnight Hikes
- Coverage of Yellowstone National Park, Paradise Valley, Wapiti Valley, Gallatin Valley, Grand Teton National Park, Jackson, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks, our most comprehensive guide to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, s perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Western USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
- Looking to visit more than one national park in the USA? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover USA's Best National Parks, a photo-rich guide to the country's 27 most popular natural attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Bradley Mayhew, and Carolyn McCarthy.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)