Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Feel the mist of Yosemite's iconic waterfalls, attempt to climb to the pinnacle of the Half Dome, or see the massive ancient sequoias; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots and being safe and responsible
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices, transit tips, emergency information, park seasonality, and hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, and durations
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, geology, wildlife, and conservation
- Over 45 trail and park maps
- Useful features - including Driving Tours, Travel with Children, and Day and Overnight Hikes
- Coverage of Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, Kings Canyon National Park, Around Yosemite, Oakhurst, Eastern Sierra, Bishop, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, our most comprehensive guide to Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's California guide for a comprehensive look at all the state has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the state's most popular attractions.
- Looking to visit more than one national park in the USA? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover USA's Best National Parks, a photo-rich guide to the country's 27 most popular natural attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Beth Kohn, and Sara Benson.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)