5.0 out of 5 stars Great B-Sides and Cover Album
Published 10 months ago by Michael Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars lots of prev. released material:(
Dis-appointed to find so many songs that HAVE been previously marketed and sold to me, I have previously purchased much of this so called previously un-released material. That being said once i deleted all those tracks the remaining stuff is great.
Published 10 months ago by Wolf Lover #1

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great B-Sides and Cover Album, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Long Forgotten Songs: B-Sides & Covers 2000-2013 (Audio CD)
It's not like Rise Against can make crappy music. They are constantly churning out face-melting and brain-stirring tunes. Some of their lyrics leave you scratching your head in wondering what they could have been referring to and some of them light a fire under your lazy butt. This is a B-sides album. Do not expect another "Sufferer and The Witness" from this new album, you won't get it. Instead, think of this as getting a glimpse into the mind of Tim McIlrath. These are songs that he wrote and intended to use on previous albums, but just didn't do it. Some of these songs are slow, some are pure rock. they do a few covers on this album as well. A couple that really stuck out to me was "The Ballad of Hollis Brown" it was originally by Bob Dylan. I've hard that Dylan is one of McIlrath's big inspirations. The Rise Against version of this song is great, very melodic and beautiful. It is heavy, but in a melodic sort of way. Another cover is "The Ghost of Tom Joad" which was originally by Bruce Springsteen. This version is a live version, it features Wayne Kramer from MC5, Brian Fallon from The Gaslight Anthem TOM MORELLO, who is obviously from Rage Against the Machine. This song ends the album, it is a great end to a great ride in my opinion. If nothing else, this album WILL tide you over until they get around to making a completely new and original album. I have listened to this album two times through so far and I plan to download it and put it on my iPod to listen to in my car. And for real, it's only $6.99 for a digital version of it, you can't afford not to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice collection, September 18, 2013
I've really enjoyed this album and the variety of songs. The live songs are not the greatest quality, but that's okay. Definitely worth the purchase if you are a fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic compilation, September 16, 2013
I am a huge RIse Against fan and was absolutely stoked to hear the band would be releasing their b-sides on one album. While these 20+ songs may not surpass some of their other work, it totally holds up and some tracks really rival their other songs . Although I have heard some of these songs before elsewhere, it is great to have all of them together in one album. Overall, awesome set of songs, I am totally satisfied with this album. WOW. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes Selling Out is Giving Up, September 15, 2013
Okay so admittedly I might be a bit biased as I love Rise Against and I've been listening to them since The Unraveling and have seen them live three times. The two things that struck me the most about this album are one- I don't know how some of the songs didn't land on their previous albums...there are some truly great tracks on here. Two- I'm impressed with how a record of b sides and covers can sound like such a cohesive album.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great, September 15, 2013
Rather than including lyrics, a member of the band has written a note on each song.
Now I can officially say I own every song Rise Against has ever made.
Not to mention all the excellent songs on it; Tonight We Dance, Lanterns, Dirt and Roses, and well, the whole bloody thing.
If you're a Rise Against fan in the slightest, you will no regret the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite Forgotten, September 10, 2013
This is a very solid album from rise against. Elective Amnesia, Ballad of Hollis Brown, and Lanterns are among Rise Against's best. There is a killer Bruce Springsteen cover called The Ghost of Tom Joad featuring killer guitar work from Tom Morello. The album is worth getting for that song and Lanterns alone. It's just a really good album. I highly recommend it if you're a Rise Against fan at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
My son bought this and loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars RA is great, June 13, 2014
Bobby (St. Louis MO) - See all my reviews
RA is a great band and these songs really are no different, kinda different from what we're used to from RA, but in a good way

5.0 out of 5 stars Good new songs, some duplicates though, April 29, 2014
Like my title says. The new released tracks are good. Its a waste to have the duplicates on there though. As a long time fan, I already have all of their albums so they are just annoying. It's sort of like buying a Greatest hits album. Love this band though. You must see them live. I am looking forward to their new album this year 2014!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure awesome, March 28, 2014
Sushii "Sushii" (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I can't believe these are songs that didn't make it to the album. I don't think they can write anything that's not amazing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Long Forgotten Songs: B-Sides & Covers 2000-2013
Long Forgotten Songs: B-Sides & Covers 2000-2013 by Rise Against (Audio CD - 2013)
Rate and Discover Movies