4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a story about someone who can kill without puking!
Published 23 months ago by Ancestor Lady

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, quick read, atrocious grammar
Published 20 months ago by Joe

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, quick read, atrocious grammar, November 3, 2012
This review is from: A Long Lonely Road (The Beginning Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I've read all three books, it's a good story. This story is pretty much an oral story written down, with short paragraphs spanning broad timelines and focuses on specific events. A spell checker was run over it, but the grammar is as bad as it gets. I plowed through it, no problem, but anybody with a tic for major grammatical errors will probably have an aneurysm. Guilty pleasure, nice pulp fiction, don't expect refinement or highbrow introspection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a story about someone who can kill without puking!, August 26, 2012
This review is from: A Long Lonely Road (The Beginning Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book is about an older, single man whose hobby is competition shooting. He is stranded in Montana after the SHTF and has to get back to Texas, where his people and his preparations are. The author has a folksy way of telling the story and if you like to be entertained, don't think about the punctuation and editing issues--just enjoy the story, because it's good. It's the first survival/prepper book I have read where the main character can kill some worthless piece of trash without getting nauseated or analyzing it to death. As he would say, what's done is done. The trash has been taken out. I like him and the person who is to become his companion. At last, a woman who can shoot and bake. If you've ever read westerns by Louis L'Amour and have enjoyed his descriptions of the countryside, you'll like this. And if you've ever read William Johnstone's books about "Preacher", you'll see some glimpses of Preacher in this solitary man who barges in and makes things right no matter if it wasn't part of his plan. If you're not from the country, don't understand the way country people talk, you don't like reading descriptions of guns, and you want to read about gardening for survival, then skip this book. On the other hand, if you like guns, are prepared to face violence, are intrigued by strategic thinking, love your dog, and you appreciate good coffee and a sip of good whiskey, then buy this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to continuing the journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting new series, July 26, 2012
This review is from: A Long Lonely Road (The Beginning Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I love that the author includes a disclaimer about his grammar so everyone should know what they are getting here. This is a story told around a campfire and the author's voice is clear as the tale unfolds. Long is a fascinating character and I want to find out more about him and Sandy in the next installment. The action scenes are well written and the high country Mr. Reeder writes about seems another character in the story, and the descriptions are finely done. I enjoy reading about how the small town folks pull together and that Long meets good people along the way to balance out the raiders they encounter. This seems more realistic than some full on Mad Max scenario, and I can't wait to read the next installment.

3.0 out of 5 stars I had to comment, June 20, 2013
Sandy "Never Too Old" (San Diego, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Long Lonely Road (The Beginning Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I think you're very brave to publish your own books and take the amount of criticism about your spelling and grammar that you've received. There are reasons for publishing a book without grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. One of those reasons is respect for your readers.
I've been reading your first book and have enjoyed the time I've spent reading it. Although, I do have to tell you that every time I come across an error I cringe despite myself. I'm no English major and I read your disclaimer, but I think you have a responsibility to publish a book as error free as possible for no other reason than that you can. There are those out there who can help you. I think maybe, you have some laziness along with your lack of education. If that were not the case, you would have spent more time searching out those who could help you. You don't have to spend a lot of money doing this, even a friend could probably help. Most of the errors I see are pretty basic. You could also try an English grammar class at a local college. That would probably solve your problem.
Don't let this keep you from receiving all the recognition you could have if you would only try a little harder to show your readers the respect they deserve and give us a book with fewer errors.
I'd work a little more on the book covers too. They're pretty pictures, but really, you need some imagination. Your covers kept me from reading the books for awhile.
I'll keep reading and hope you take my words to heart. They are meant with kindness.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short, April 6, 2013
This review is from: A Long Lonely Road (The Beginning Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I very much like the storyline, and I like the story-telling writing style okay. But I cannot condone the mercenary practice of charging too much for too little story. The price per ebook will add up too quickly for me to consider finishing this tale.
A fair minded author would compile the first six/seven parts into an actual novel and price it right.

3.0 out of 5 stars Painful, January 31, 2013
This review is from: A Long Lonely Road (The Beginning Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
3 stars for the effort but I am throwing in the towel after making it through part 1. I know you asked for no bad reviews but that is kind of the point of the review system; honest feedback. The rest of the series likely improves but I can't go further.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good gracious!!!, May 2, 2013
This review is from: A Long Lonely Road (The Beginning Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
What can I say? No punctuation,no paragraphs,bad spelling, WHAT?? Someone needs to say it!! Just horrible altogether. A real waste of 2.99 as far as I am concerned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Same as Book Two, May 15, 2014
This review is from: A Long Lonely Road (The Beginning Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Read the review on Book Two. Don't even get started on this hogwash. Validating the writer's viewpoint by purchasing and/or reading this will only fuel his viewpoint.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great story concept - Horrible execution, August 26, 2013
This review is from: A Long Lonely Road (The Beginning Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book/series had, and I emphasize "had", the potential to be very good. The author manages to piss you off right out of the gate highlighting his writing ability, e.g. lack thereof, and his viewpoint about reviews. The grammatical errors and rambling plotline render this book/series nearly as unreadable as the "No Normal Day" series of books by J. Richardson. Do yourself a favor and save the money you'd be wasting on this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent story, horrible grammar, July 10, 2013
This review is from: A Long Lonely Road (The Beginning Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I will give this book one more star than I would have after reading the afterword by the author, where he makes fun of his awful grammar. I can't buy the next one, though, since I am afraid that he didn't fulfill his promise to learn how to write.

Rate and Discover Movies