Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 18, 2008
Yes, fans he finally did it. Wayne Brady's first album is here and it jumps out from the first single "Ordinary". It is anything but ordinary; this album could easily be used as an R&B Rosetta Stone. Delivered with the ease of a seasoned veteran, Brady takes you through a concert reminiscent of a small venue type atmosphere. Unlike many singers today the music is the focal point. Brady does this with clean vocals and straight forward grooves. Listening to this album is like going back to the beginning of R&B, when a man sung a song that was raw and pure. Although they are covers the tracks "All I Do" and "Can't Buy Me Love" sound fresh and original. While "Back in the Day" and "Sweetest Berry" are original tunes, the vibe is distinctively winding back the clock to when R&B was alive and free. Vocalists old and new would do well to observe this formula......this is what R&B has been missing.
on September 20, 2008
Not only is Wayne funny and hot, but this guy can sang!!! He has a beautiful voice and he's done some great work with this album. I love the opening track Ordinary, and the remake Can't Buy Me Love. He's taken that and made it his own - it is fresh and soulful and amazing. He never over-sings, and yet vocally he is very on point. Some of these songs are remakes (Can't Buy Me Love and All I Do), which he does a terrific job with, and the new songs are great too. A Change Is Gonna Come is another favourite of mine (and another good remake) and now Wayne is a favourite singer of mine.
If you love Soul/R&B music, then this is a cd you must pick up. Wayne is seriously talented (and hot to boot) and I can't recommend this highly enough. I have played it through several times now, yet on the first go I already fell in love with it. I hope this is the start of a long singing career for him. Brilliant.
on September 16, 2008
Ah-h-h-h yeah, do it Wayne, take us back !!! I love this CD, couldn't wait to play it in the car on the way home from Tar-jay. Favorites are "Ordinary", "Back in the Day", "Beautiful Ugly" and an awesome rendition of Stevie Wonder's "All I Do."
on September 17, 2008
This is an absolute must buy for 2008. All the tracks are incredible and if you are a Brian McKnight fan you will hear the influence and of course Wayne's exceptional talent. An excellent album.
on May 13, 2009
Okay, I know I am REALLY late with this review - only because I didn't even hear this CD until two days ago. I have always been aware of Wayne Brady and his many talents but didn't consider myself a "fan" of his. He has always struck me as sort of a squeaky-clean song and dance man, a la Ben Vereen/Sammy Davis, Jr. who also happens to be a comedian. He is sort of a rarity in today's entertainment world, which is filled with so-called "entertainers" who possess something some folks refer to as talent on a very limited level, and receive accolades for being mediocre.

Wayne Brady is different. He is extremely gifted, but he doesn't get all the props he should. Guess he isn't thuggish enough, huh? I, like so many others, remember very well his startling and straight up hilarious guest appearance on Dave Chappelle's show years ago, and of course, "Whose Line Is It Anyway", "Don't Forget the Lyrics" and his short-lived variety show. I always knew he could sing, but hearing this CD made me so upset with myself because I hadn't purchased it sooner. I heard it while driving around this weekend with a friend and was floored. This is Wayne Brady?! Damn!!
His voice is an instrument of beauty - rich, passionate and soulful.
And guess what? He just gained a new fan.

If you love both old school soul and contemporary R&B, then there is NO WAY you should not own this! This is good music we grown and sexy people can groove to, without the silly, oversexed lyrics and computerized junk that has invaded the once gorgeous art form of soul and R&B, and made it only a shadow of what it once was. Wayne brings the heat on his debut. Think of a little bit of Jamie Foxx, a less profane R. Kelly, and Brian McKnight, and you've got Wayne Brady, believe it or not!

Loved all the tracks except for "F.W.B.", mainly because the song doesn't seem to fit his persona, and his version of Stevie Wonder's "All I Do" - didn't really care for it because to me, NOBODY can sing that song like Stevie - but everything else is straight FIRE. "Can't Buy Me Love", the Beatles' classic, is actually a similar arrangement to the smooth remake that New Jack Swing architect Teddy Riley's group BLACKstreet recorded in 1996 on their CD ANOTHER LEVEL (check it out if you have never heard it) - I loved their version and Wayne does it justice. I especially enjoyed "Beautiful Ugly" which has a definite R. Kelly vibe with the lyrics, music and vocals. "Back In The Day" is upbeat, fun and a trip back to the '80s subjectwise. He even does a little rap on the song. On "A Change Is Gonna Come", Wayne actually sounds like Sam Cooke in some parts!

It's an unfortunate thing, but I feel the beauty of A LONG TIME COMING will be passed over in favor of the mess that most of today's R&B is. Songs about love and romance with real instruments playing the music is something that is viewed as passe, but I'm glad Wayne took this route. There is still an audience out here for those appreciate real soul and R&B, and thank you, Wayne, for remembering that. Don't waste another minute, pick this up today.
on October 4, 2008
I've had "Ordinary" on repeat since I bought it. I love it!! The rest of the tracks are very good, too. I love the Marvin Gaye feel on "FWB." "Back in the Day" made me LOL amazing lyrics and so many things that I could remember. "You and Me" is tough but Wayne you have nailed it with a great work on this entire cd. I love this beautiFULL, EXTRAORDINARY cd. Bravo and Continued success.
on October 6, 2014
Excuse the delayed review. It's possible not a soul may ever read this review but despite that I owe this album that much. This quite honestly one of the best body of music ever put together. #IMO I can't thank Spotify enough for dropping one of his songs into my ear. My jaw drop to MOTHER EFFING floor! Excuse my French but sheesh. Take away any predispositions you may have towards Wayne Brady and just LISTEN! There is indeed talent behind the microphone. It's hard to grasp that he might've missed his true calling, lol. Anyhow, he still blessed us with this album that will stand the test of time. Favorite tracks: Make Heaven Wait; A Change is Gonna Come; All Naturally, You & Me. I sincerely hope I am not overselling this album. I've only written a handful of reviews in my lifetime. I think I did okay. Happy listening folks, lol
on January 8, 2016
I love this cd. It's sometimes hard to take a comedian serious when they decide to make a serious record. I always knew this guy could really sing but man he can really blow!!! I love almost every song on this one. wayne I hope you are gonna do a follow up cause this is the bomb!!!!
on January 15, 2013
WOW! who knew?

i've always thought of Wayne Brady as foremost a comedian from the Drew Cary genre. All I can do is wonder why these songs arent on POP radio? why havent I heard this music before? ok, i quite kvetiching. so glad this showed up on my amazon recommendations today. this is a swell album.
on September 28, 2008
If it wasn't for music choice playing Mr.Brady first single "Ordinary". I would have not only missed out on a great single,but also an incrediable album.The song "Ordinary" talks about two people who are in their own world so to speak. Who enjoy doing the simple things in life. "Friends With Benefits" is about sex being the benefit of there friendship. I have to say that "Back In The Day" makes me feel so old because I remember each an every detail of that song. The lengendary Sam Cook classic "A Change Is Gonna Come" I remember as a child growing up in Brooklyn, New York my next door neighbors use to play this song all the time so much so I just about know all the lyrics.

"I Ain't Movin' to me means that everybody else can go an do Whatever they may ,but girl I'm staying right here. Without a doubt I have say that between "All Naturally" and "Beautiful Ugly are two of my favorite songs on the album. One being bcause it seems so honest and true and from the soul of a man that loves you from within and knows that your beauty stams from within. The song "Beautiful Ugly" talks about that woman who looks beauiful on the outside,but on the inside she's not Who you thought she was. And I cannot leave you without talking about a legendary Steve Wonder classic "All I Do" What Can I say Mr. Wayne Brady made this song his very own.