Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Look! It's Jesus!: Amazing Holy Visions in Everyday Life
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

87%
13%
Format: Paperback|Change

on October 24, 2012
Great offbeat, low cost stocking stuffer for the pious, cynic, or scholar on your gift list! This tempting tome documents many allegedly true instances of the image of Christ Jesus appearing in all the wrong or unsuspecting places. Who knew that the ranks of the susceptible and gullible so highly outnumbered the ranks of the sane and discerning?
on March 24, 2010
When I heard about this book I pre-ordered it from the publisher. I am glad I did. It is a pictorial journey of the extremes our culture goes to find the teacher and prophet born in Bethlehem and active in Nazareth (and his mom and a few others from the Good Book).

The book is sincere and well documented as to the source of the images. Now whether or not they are as miraculous as the various pieces of chicken, paper towels, rocks and grilled cheese sandwiches in which the messiah appears... the authors wisely leave that to the belief of the reader.
on March 25, 2010
What a riot! This is a great party novelty item, loads of laughs and fun!
on February 25, 2010
I must thank Entertainment Weekly for recommending this very amusing collection of well done photos submitted by contributors of photos of Jesus and the Virgin Mary. My two favorites are the cover with Jesus in a slice of toast and the "Nunbun" containing the face of mother Theresa. They also provide a short description of each photo. Whether you believe in God or not, there is something for everyone. Highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon June 14, 2010
I just loved this book, and found myself laughing out loud at some of the pages. It's fairly short, with a picture and a story on each page spread, and takes us through some of the places and things people have claimed to see the image of Jesus and others.

Some of my favorites are pierogi Jesus, lava lamp Mary, and Cheesus (Jesus made from a Cheeto). I'm not trying to make fun of the people who apparantly believe what they have seen, and some of the pictures do appear to show, at least in part, an image of Jesus. Some, however, really challenge the mind, and you have to kind of squint in order to even get a vague idea of what is being shown. Look, if these people want to believe, it's their right and I won't challenge that.

This book reminds me that several years ago in the town where I live, the newspaper announced that the face of Jesus was seen on the tabernacle cloth of the local Episcopal church, and people were flocking to see it. One lunchtime my father-in-law and I went to the church to observe this cloth. When we came out he said he thought that he saw Jesus' image, but I said nothing. I didn't want to upset him by saying I'd seen an image also, but it looked to me like George Carlin!
on April 14, 2010
What a hoot! It's a great conversation piece and could be the basis for a drinking game to see how many likenesses you can find around the house. I'll bet you find more as the game goes on. It's amazing just how many images are documented and how many Cheesits, Doritos and cinnamon rolls didn't get eaten before being photographed. God reveals himself in mysterious ways.
on June 28, 2010
This is a wonderful book to bring the family together. It is a great catalyst for family conversations that can be both meaningful and fun. In this day and age when there so little quality time for families to share, and more of a generation gap than in previous times, this extraordinary book can open up important conversations and help bridge the gap. Highly recommended!
on April 8, 2010
I have seen Jesus many times and in many places, but I've never enjoyed viewing His image as much as I did while reading, "Look! It's Jesus!" by Harry and Sandra Choron.

Enticed by its hologram-like cover, I was delighted to find that this small book is chock-full of incredible, amazing
and sometimes downright funny images of Jesus, Mary, the Pope and Buddha.

It's ordinary people like you and me who have not only recognized these extraordinary visions, but have also taken the time to document these sightings, all discovered during the course of their everyday lives.

From grilled cheese to chicken, on baseballs, in rotting grapes, grease stains on driveways to shadows on umbrellas and oysters, these images are indeed both mysterious and humorous.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and have it in our family room where it has started more then a few lively discussions among my friends. If you like a bit of irreverent humor this can be that perfect little gift for any number of occasions.
on April 4, 2010
I was expecting to laugh at the gullibility and/or opportunistic nature of those who sold the images on ebay. Some images were hard to decipher and some such as Cheesus were laugh at loud. But I was surprised to find myself touched by the spiritual life of some of those who saw their visions in the humble everyday objects of their lives, lifting them into another dimension of spirituality- "...God reveals himself to us in amazing ways," states the Cheesus discoverer. The ability to see a miracle in a Cheetoh is somehow enviable. A fascinating read. A great book to dissect and discuss.
on March 24, 2010
What a fun and engaging book this is! It is nothing short of amazing to see how and where these images pop up, and one can only imagine the far reaching effects these have on the populace, beyond the written word. Harry Choron does an excellent job of bringing this information to the reader in a most readable fashion. I loved it.