4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pedal with wide platform, October 21, 2011
This review is from: Look Keo 2 Max Pedals
Installed a set of Keo 2 Max pedals on my 2010 Specialized Roubaix Elite Compact. At the time I installed these in May of 2011, I've logged more than 4 months of time on the pedals and finally felt comfortable enough giving a review.

Pros:
- Easy to install - just make sure that you know which side is threaded which way. Righty tighty rule does not apply to one side of the bike. Make sure you know which side.
- Beautifully built platform. Actually gorgeous when new.
- Nice wide platform that helps distribute the pressure on the pedals across a wide platform. Although in theory it allows you to become more "lazy" in your pedal stroke efficiency it hasn't really been an issue for me and I've found it helpful when I'm just dog tired. I've heard some cyclists mention other more narrow pedal designs actually causes more stress on the knees - but so far no issues.
- When you do fall on your bike, the wide platform of the pedals sacrifice themselves in the event of a fall - a pro if your bike costs anywhere north of $2k as pedals are way cheaper than replacing your carbon fiber frame. I've fallen 3 times at lower speeds and the pedals took the brunt of the damage.
- Very well engineered and the construction leaves little doubt that you can hit 1,000,000 revolutions without any issues.
- Adjustable tension of the retaining clips have just the right amount of adjustability. At it's loosest setting it's still takes a decent motion to unclip.

Cons:
- One sided design (not a fault of Look but just an inherent aspect of it's one sided design) is not as easy to clip into as a double sided design (ex. Crankbrothers Egg Beaters or some of the Shimano double sided SPD pedals). Only becomes a problem at heavy traffic at a stoplight on a hill and you're trying to clip in in a crowded lane (no bike lane).
- Look pedal 3 point cleat design requires you to buy Look compatible shoes. Need to be sure that your shoes can accomodate your new pedals. These CANNOT be retrofitted to a SPD 2 bolt pattern shoe.
- Look pedals are definitely not the majority at my local bike shop ride - in the event you want to try out a buddy's new ride, they're usually not running a Look pedal set up (SPD seems to be the majority preference here in SC). In addition, if you have a mountain bike and a road bike, you'll have to have 2 different sets of shoes since Mountain Bikes almost always seem to use SPD pedals. There are some shoes out there with both SPD and Look pedal compatible configurations in the same shoe but you'll have to change your cleats out depending on which pedal you're going to use.
- Look pedals cleats/covers/accessories are not carried at every shop. SPD are definitely more prevalent. Buy some extra cleats/covers so you won't be caught short.

Conclusion: Love my Look pedals for training rides/commuting on my road bike.

If I had a mountain bike with clip ins and I wanted to use a single shoe for both bikes, I would strongly consider a SPD pedal instead.

4/11/13 UPDATE: After almost 2 years of riding with these pedals, they're still running strong. My Look cleats however are definitely not as crisp in clipping in and out but that's not too bad with 2 years of riding and over 2300 miles covered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pedal, June 14, 2011
This review is from: Look Keo 2 Max Pedals
I haven't put that many miles on the pedals yet, but I love them. They are easy to clip in and out of, and seem to be almost as light as the "Max Carbon" version for a significant savings. Not much else to say, I mean, it's a pedal right?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, functional, decent price, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Look Keo 2 Max Pedals
Theses pedals work fine, seem reasonably durable and meet the need.
A little more difficult to get into than my previous Dura-Ace 7400's. They are a lot lighter and cleats for these are readily available. The non-slip surface on the cleats is nice, but you will need to replace the Keo cleats fairly often, as they wear out quickly if you walk on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pedals great price, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Look Keo 2 Max Pedals
This was a great deal and I grabbed it. My pedals were over 4 years old, and started to click. At least I hoped it was just the pedals.

Whenever you see keo 2's on sale - even if they are white - buy them. This deal was a great one - less than $125 and free shipping, and came in two days. That's the same price I have paid for the last 4 years. I now have 3 pair.

Pedal wise, they are nicer than the model down below, and a little heavier than the next model up - but the cash gap is not worth it for me. They are sturdy and wear well. The contact points on my current keo 2 pedals are worn but useable. As I am a bigger guy, the spindle on the lighter pedals was out of my weight class. These are light and functional for the bigger rider, and light enough for the smaller person.

If you are looking to make the move to clip in pedals these are a great choice, wide platform, easy to use, pretty maintenance free, and good looking. Got look (ing) into this more than once. Quality brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars pedal with the Max, January 18, 2012
This review is from: Look Keo 2 Max Pedals
I upgraded from SPD pedals to these and they are definitely an upgrade and worth the investment. They "look" great on my mostly white ride, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look Keo 2 Max Pedals, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Look Keo 2 Max Pedals
I found all the information I needed on Look website. I made my purchase decision based on that information and they are everything I was expecting to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid pedals, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Look Keo 2 Max Pedals
Switching over from the Keo Classics. Very similar maybe a little better platform. I was very happy with my first set if Keos but needed something for the indoor trainer, so I went with the next higher model. Very happy and these seem a little easier to clip in

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pedals, June 1, 2011
This review is from: Look Keo 2 Max Pedals
Fast shipping. The pedals arrived and was fairly easy to install for a 1st timer. Looks great and it was a steal at the price I got it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look at Look Keo MAX 2, March 14, 2014
This review is from: Look Keo 2 Max Pedals
these are really nice pedals, good platform, not too heavy (actually pretty light), easy clip in/out - my third set - no they didn't wear out - just have too many bikes!

Look Keo 2 Max Pedals, White