5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, even for older people
I bought this for my child, but realized it was excellent, even for an adult. Some books can use terminology that is not always understood to a "newbie". This breaks it down in an elementary fashion, but was straight forward and not confusing at all...for the beginner at any age.
Published on June 25, 2006 by Amazon Junkie

3.0 out of 5 stars Looking Beyond
It was interesting, but it did not captivate me.
Published 1 month ago by Baby Cakes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, even for older people, June 25, 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introduction for Anyone, August 30, 2008
I bought this book for my 15-year-old son who is entering the 10th grade. I wanted something that would explain spiritual concepts that aren't taught elsewhere. This book does just that.

The layout and information will keep a teen interested. I would recommend this book to any adult or teen wanting to know how our spirituality and everyday lives impact and effect the other.

James Praugh knows what he is talking about and he knows how to explain the information. More reading and studying will eventually be needed, but as a starting point, this book is an excellent introduction for anyone.

I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I give it to my clients, July 11, 2010
This review is from: Looking Beyond : A Teen's Guide to the Spiritual World (Paperback)
I am a Special education High School teacher, a hypnotherapist, Past Life Regressionist and like James Van Praagh, a psychic/medium. I have been asked by many parents and clients about their children and the subject of psychic abilities. I have found that many children are frightened by their innate abilities and so shut down or "vale over" denying their abilities. Often, I have heard them describe what most of us adults call "a gift" as a curse. James Van Praagh has written a very child friendly book, explaining a deep, complex and sometimes frightening subject in a very interesting way. If you have a child who shows interest in the field of Metaphysics, this is a good book to give them and you can gain good insight from it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, January 7, 2007
Bought this for my teenage daughter whose father had recently passed away. She still carries it with her to read at her leisure. A great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my teen son..., January 20, 2013
An excellent, thoughtful book. If I were an adult just looking for answers, and a simple " Why?, What?.. Why Me???" start to the Who that we are... I would not hesitate to pick up this book as a primer. My 16 yr old is liking it.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT A GREAT GIFT...!, October 26, 2010
I BOUGHT ONE FOR A GIFT FOR A TEEN, AND ONE FOR MY SELF...! EXCELLENT READ...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplified, summerized version to learn about spiriturity even for an adult!, July 18, 2012
Kay M (Winfield, KS) - See all my reviews
I bought this book by mistake, thinking that this is for adults but turned out it is a teen's guide. I was going to give it away to a school library, but then decided to read through it. Alas, it is very simplified and summarized book on spirituality without any extra stuff! I've read many spiritual books, including the author's books, but I enjoyed this easy-read book and I'm an adult. I think this is great for any parents for teenager, then to recommend them to read it. This book teaches a teen value, morale, and trust, all generally good subject. Of course if you are open to spirituality, that is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for young folks, October 6, 2013
An introduction to understanding the 'greater spiritual world' of life. Some type formats were difficult to read but those sections are not necessary to glean the information from the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looking Beyond, October 16, 2014
It was interesting, but it did not captivate me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 14, 2014
Love this author.... Never disapointed

Looking Beyond : A Teen's Guide to the Spiritual World
Looking Beyond : A Teen's Guide to the Spiritual World by James Van Praagh (Paperback - October 14, 2003)
Used & New from: $2.47