Help! Looking for books like Stephanie Plum Janet Evanovich

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 1, 2013 12:59:08 PM PDT
Book Lady says:
Hello, my book club is looking for books like the Stephanie Plum series - please no death, vampire ect. suggestions really looking for kookie characters Italian characters a plus -- Would appreciate any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 4:08:50 PM PDT
I would suggest Jennifer Crusie's Agnes and the Hitman. I've read it about five times and it cracks me up every time. And if you like that one, she's got a pretty decent size back list. I like her so much, I have it all in hardcover.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2013 12:51:38 PM PST
Booklover848 says:
Crusie's books are not all mysteries so if you want mysteries I would start with "Agnes and the Hitman" which is truly hilarious and so well written! Then you could move on "Fast Women" and "Tell Me Lies" which are both terrific! "Welcome to Temptation" isn't really a mystery but it does have the crackling dialogue and amazing characters that Crusie is known for as does the sequel "Faking It". All of Crusie's books are worth reading!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2013 12:54:56 PM PST
Booklover848 says:
Try the wonderful Brandy Alexander series by Shelley Fredman; they are set in South Philly and filled with wacky Italian characters! Alo, the Scumble River Mysteries by Denise Swanson, the Christina McMullen mysteries by Lois Greiman, the Savannah Martin mysteries by Jenna Bennett, the Pepper Martin mysteries by Casey Daniels and the Lucy Valentine series. Happy Reading!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2013 5:53:09 PM PST
Wallaby says:
A much better series is the Anne George: Southern Sisters series. "Bad Hair Day" and others. They are all good, and funny reads. So much better than the Stephanie Plums.
I quit buying Evanovich, it is all rehashed fluff. I see this new one is only 31 on the bestseller list. People have wised up and quit wasting money on these
Evanovich does not even have the guts to have Stephanie pick a boyfriend. Gutless. Her readers will fade away out of boredom.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2013 8:34:10 AM PST
citymerc says:
Too Big to Miss and others in the series by Sue Jaffarian are an absolute hoot. Unfortunately, there usually is a murder to solve, but if you can overlook that, they are very enjoyable reads.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 1, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Takedown Twenty (Stephanie Plum)
Takedown Twenty (Stephanie Plum) by Janet Evanovich (Hardcover - November 19, 2013)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (5,297)