Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Memoirs of a Geisha: A Novel forum

Looking for cultural female politics books, hard to explain, but maybe you can help?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 13, 2011 2:33:13 PM PST
W. Augusto says:
So it's kind of hard to explain but I really like books where there is a sort of rise to power by a women through female politics. You know like 'Memoirs of a Geisha' how they groom her through her Geisha phase in the book so she can become the future "Mother". Or harem politics like in 'The Heretic Queen' and 'Nefertiti' which are obviously set in Egypt about women trying to capture the Pharaoh to become queen. I confess I like the romantic element but it's not mandatory. I know this is not a technical genre but hopefully I explained it well enough. does anyone have ideas?

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 5:37:44 AM PST
look for one called the iron lady. its a true story, but a good one its about a woman who rises from being a grocers daughter to being a prime minister.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 13, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Memoirs of a Geisha
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden (Audio Cassette - May 18, 1998)
4.4 out of 5 stars (3,347)