Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 2011
Used & New from: $73.21
Looking for program/tablet for daughter I am looking into getting my daughter a drawing program/tablet for her laptop for Christmas. I don't want to break the bank on this, so I was thinking of the Sketchbook Pro with the MP tablet. If she likes it, I will invest in a better tablet. Any thoughts?
asked by Scott Dickinson on November 14, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
I'm doing the same thing. I am thinking along the same lines as you. My concern now is that her laptop is a bit antiquated...hope we don't end up buying another laptop to make it all work smoothly.
Erin Etheridge answered on November 25, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My recommendation would be to look at Wacom `s Bamboo series. All except for the smaller Bamboo tablet that is about $70-80, most of come with Adobe Photoshop Elements , Corel Painter Essentials, and other programs to help your daughter get started.
GretS answered on November 27, 2011

A
Tablets are a tough decision. I bought one and loved it, but immediately started looking at better one. I finally shelled out some big bucks on a monitor tablet. But I digress. I bought a Wacom Bamboo Create. It was pretty awesome. It has a wireless/battery-less pen. As far as programs are concerned, I really love Sketchbook Pro. I just picked up version 6 and it's really nice. It simulates traditional mediums such as pencil, pen and brush really well for the price point. I use it more than Photoshop even. It's interface is very intuitive and it's features are really robust at the same time.
Justin answered on December 12, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›